Tourists flock to Phanom Rung ruins in Buriram for spectacular sunrise

webfact

Tourists flock to Phanom Rung ruins in Buriram for spectacular sunrise

1pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

BURIRAM: -- Daily News reported that up to a thousand Thai and foreign tourists gathered at the Phanom Rung ruins in Buriram yesterday for a spectacular sunrise.

Star watchers had predicted that the sunrise would be in such a position that it could be viewed through all the 15 doors of the ruins.

They were right and the tourists were able to take some memorable pictures as clear skies helped the view yesterday morning.

The phenomenon will last until tomorrow and can be viewed in a seven minute window around 6am each day at the ruins in Chalemprakiat district of the north eastern Thai province.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-04

56 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

How would the 'tourists' know about this as the Thai tourism board usually advertise thing with less than 24 hours notice?

There are actually four annual solar-lunar events at Prasat Phanom Rung.

Have a look at this website.

/Edit: I just asked my missus about it too... although not from Buriram she has known about this phenomena since she was a child.

Edited by Jai Dee

8 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

How would the 'tourists' know about this as the Thai tourism board usually advertise thing with less than 24 hours notice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lst Friday, Saturday and Sinday they had a light and sound show there. Even those living in the immediate vicintiy did not know about it.

Lst Friday, Saturday and Sinday they had a light and sound show there. Even those living in the immediate vicintiy did not know about it.

My point, exactly. I doubt if there was actually too many tourists there.

8 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

Believe it still happens every year – as it has happened every year during the past 800 years or more – so the tourism board in fact gives you 1 year and 1 day's notice...:smile:

Believe it still happens every year – as it has happened every year during the past 800 years or more – so the tourism board in fact gives you 1 year and 1 day's notice...:smile:

My letter must still be in the post, then!

It's amazing! People are funny. They go to places to take pictures then post it on social media and that's that. What a way to exist. 

Used to be " been there, done that, got the tee-shirt "
Now it's " been there, done that, let me check how many likes I got " !!