NLA 'will complete deliberations on organic laws in 60 days'

webfact

NLA 'will complete deliberations on organic laws in 60 days'
By The Nation

917ed5fdb95a3f5b7dac56cfb8caab9f.jpeg

National Legislative Assembly vice president Surachai Liengboonlertchai

BANGKOK: -- The vice president of the National Legislative Assembly (NLA), Surachai Liengboonlertchai, admitted on Thursday that deliberations on the organic laws might be affected if a lot of members resigned, but irrespective of the situation the process must be completed in 60 days as prescribed by the charter.

The 2017 Constitution, promulgated on Thursday, has specified that members of junta-appointed assemblies must resign from their post within 90 days of the charter coming into effect if they intended to run in the next election.

Surachai said no members had yet discussed with him about resigning.

The NLA vice president also said the Assembly planned to deliberate on the organic laws. Its sub-panel would discuss the laws for 45 days while the big chamber would discuss and pass them in the next 15 days.

He said the members might also take a trip to a retreat to deliberate on the laws.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30311575

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-04-07

The NLA deliberate and work? That's news to me. Have the thought that those high paying assemblymen are just pencil pushers and rubber stampers and act on orders. If they want they can do the deliberation on organic laws in a day, max.

11 hours ago, Muhendis said:

What is an "organic Law"? 

Does it have something to do with vegetables?

No.

As I understand organic laws (and I welcome corrections), their provisions border on constitutionality issues vs routine penal code. Organic laws tend towards procedures and standards. As such they also require review by the Constitutional Supreme Court to assure they do not conflict with or contradict the constitution, albeit there seems to be two constitutions in place currently: the 2017 Constitution and the 2014 Interim Constitution as amended in 2015 (for referendum).

No.
As I understand organic laws (and I welcome corrections), their provisions border on constitutionality issues vs routine penal code. Organic laws tend towards procedures and standards. As such they also require review by the Constitutional Supreme Court to assure they do not conflict with or contradict the constitution, albeit there seems to be two constitutions in place currently: the 2017 Constitution and the 2014 Interim Constitution as amended in 2015 (for referendum).

Organic law????

Put up, shut up, swallow it and accept it, or go to jail and be executed witch-hunted army style.

There you have it,....

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app