Thai Army asks netizens to not share a clip of abuses of conscripts

webfact

Army asks netizens to not share a clip of abuses of conscripts

IMG_0383.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Netizens were asked by the army to not share a video clip featuring abuses against conscripts which has been circulating in the social media.

Army spokesman Colonel Winthai Suvaree said Sunday that the clip was a collection of several cases of abuses against conscripts – a few of which took place 5-6 years ago.

Of the cases featured in the clip, he said that the army had conducted investigations and several officers involved in the abuses had been charged and disciplined.

Colonel Winthai said he suspected the person or persons who posted the clip in the social media had ill intention against the army and wanted to discredit the army.

He added that the army would like to ask netizens to not share the clip in question which, he noted, might cause anxiety among draftees and their families.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/army-asks-netizens-not-share-clip-abuses-conscripts/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-04-10

The army do an exceptional job of discrediting themselves, and in the age of social media can't cover it up.

Hope they take stock of this FACT and change their ways. But these incompetent neandarthals in uniform won't even do that. A disgraceful organization

I wonder what you call it when a violent organization, entirely out of the purview of public opinion and control, forces people to join through lottery. It seems awfully close to a word that begins with sl- and is not just for Burmese fishermen...

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Colonel Winthai said he suspected the person or persons who posted the clip in the social media had ill intention against the army and wanted to discredit the army.

You Think? I suspect the person posting it was probably involved with one of the cases and wants to make sure the Army abuses are widely known. I hope it goes viral.

And people say this chap isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Do share it,

Maybe the army should come back with a clip explaining how the people involved were punished.. that would show they really did something against the abuse.. now I won't think it will happen as the punishment was probably not much.

6 hours ago, z42 said:

The army do an exceptional job of discrediting themselves, and in the age of social media can't cover it up.

Hope they take stock of this FACT and change their ways. But these incompetent neandarthals in uniform won't even do that. A disgraceful organization

One day, the ruling authorities, who must not be named, will shut down the entire internet and communication system in Thailand....

Mark my words, folks........

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Do share it,

Maybe the army should come back with a clip explaining how the people involved were punished.. that would show they really did something against the abuse.. now I won't think it will happen as the punishment was probably not much.

That's right. The statement might have been more credible had it said "disciplined and punished by a jail sentence"

Just now, Prbkk said:

That's right. The statement might have been more credible had it said "disciplined and punished by a jail sentence"

Yes showing how they were punished would have made a far better statement (if they were punished harshly) then asking to stop them sharing the material. 

These people are absolutely insane! The world needs to know the injustice and barbaric acts the Thai army is responsible for! Why didn't dear leader do something, he wants to promote reconciliation but yet his organization perpetuates such inhuman violent acts without recourse! I wish the Thai people would rise up against this inhumanity but they are puppets without balls!