Denied entry (TR) at Suvarnabhumi - no stamp - options?

Just now, edwardandtubs said:

But your only achievement in this thread is not to 'bring reality into the equation' but to bring ridicule on yourself. I'm sure the immigration officers can do their own job without some 'elite' warrior on thaivisa heroically coming to their defence.

Do you think it bothers me what you or anybody else thinks of me?....Really? You really have no idea about me, not a clue!

Just now, Lovethailandelite said:

Yup. Bring the old spelling into it. That's how it normally go's when you've lost the argument. Lets just say that if you saw my bank accounts you would swap places with me 'Mr Perfect'.

Well done sir.  You have revealed your nature.  This is all too rich for me so I shall release you to massage your bank account.  Perhaps you can leave people to get their legal visas by the prescribed avenues as they have been doing without you for the last few decades, and if you still feel inadequate go and beat your servants or something?

• Like 1

On 4/15/2017 at 11:08 PM, Lovethailandelite said:

If anybody thinks this is an isolated case you may be surprised by the amount of refusals reported elsewhere on the Internet.

Do you have some links?

Hello dear, you feeling left out?

Not really but everytime i come on Thaivisa there always seems to be a minority of obnoxious keyboard warriors, of which you come across as one. Probably lonely in your condo with a paid girlfriend, the only way she would put up with such a person.

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

Not really but everytime i come on Thaivisa there always seems to be a minority of obnoxious keyboard warriors, of which you come across as one. Probably lonely in your condo with a paid girlfriend, the only way she would put up with such a person.

I'm glad you find me obnoxious. I really wouldn't want to be liked by you or the majority that post on here. Just to put your mind at ease, I live alone. Anything else you want to know my love?

29 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Private Groups in Thailand on the Internet. The majority won't even bother posting here. A friend of a friend in immigration that works the desks at times in Suvarnabhumi passes him news at times.

Any chance of a name, link, quote or any other reference to one of these "Private Groups"?

Edited by BadCash

4 minutes ago, BadCash said:

Any chance of a link to one of these "Private Groups"? If they even exist? 

No. That's why they are private groups by invitation only to people who are actually known and not a keyboard name on a forum. And I really couldn't care less whether you believe they exist or not.
Just to make it clear and put your mind at ease, they are not solely groups talking about and passing information regarding Thai Immigration matters but more about life in general here and in near by countries.

1 hour ago, edwardandtubs said:

Scam the system? You seem very angry about something. Maybe it's all that money you wasted on Thailand Elite? I've been on a work permit and non-b for most of my time in Thailand. I'm taking an extended break until my next job starts, when I'll be on a work permit and non-b again. How is that scamming the system? There are all sorts of reasons why someone might want to spend more than 6 months as a tourist here.

Ironically Thailand Elite is essentially a bribe, 500k to a private company. Does nothing for the country. Functionally no different to overstaying five years then paying that amount in tea money to clear the blacklist and get back in. Much more ethical to spend that money supporting the locals. Of course he will claim it's a drop in the bucket compared to how much he spends in daily life... but his posting manner does not exactly suggest that. Angry expats are usually poor.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Great. I agree. Come for 60, or 90 days if extended and don't work.

But don't come back after a day trip to [insert regional country here] and then stay for another 60 days, or 90 days if extended.

Tourists also don't buy motorbikes, cars and condo's or have property leases, bank accounts and the like either.

Why not? A friend of mine bought a car in the US for his road one month road trip. And, for instance, the consulate in Savannakhet (I'm sure every other as well) accept Thai Bank statements and condo leasing contracts. There are many tourists who visit TH 2 times a Year, or come over the winter and had bought a small condo. Here at my parking area are plenty vehicles with a protective cover while the owner is abroad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Why the limit on Tourist visas at consulates and Embassies and then a need for a change of passport to hide your history? Not sure how you intend to proceed and are going to avoid this scenario with the 1st stage of the 'E Visa' system coming live any day soon? Your whole visa history won't be hidden anymore.
As for the melodramatic posts of helping the people of Thailand, theirs only one type of helping going down here and that's you helping yourself to relative cheap living in the sunshine like the majority of us are.

by the end of 2018. I guess rather later. Much later if at all.

9 hours ago, JackThompson said:

We don't know for sure what the cutoff-year is - how far back.  We did find out the count was "6" though.  If yours are more recent, perhaps we just learned something.  Immigration refuses to let us know what the precise criteria are that "cross the line" on visa-exempts (other than the new 2x / year at land-borders rule); therefore, we cannot assuredly avoid "crossing the line" (where ever it is) so everyone can be happy and relaxed entering the country (and IOs have an easier day, too). 

If there are rules on Tourist Visa entries, Non-O entries, etc - we simply don't know what they are, so cannot do the "right thing."  Those who have been told something in the way of "advice" by IOs report different responses, some quoting expired police-orders, etc.  Therefore, all we have are guesses.

This really sounds like the words of someone gaming the system - and it is people who have been gaming the system for so long that have contributed towards things reaching the point they are now where it appears increasingly difficult to remain in Thailand long-term on ED visas, tourist visas etc.

If one wishes to stay a long time in Thailand on tourist visas, why not prepare documentation that shows an income from home and / or a very high bank balance and / or carry a large amount of cash.  I've always had the impression that most immigration officers are reasonable if you have multiple documents you can present to them that show how you are able to support yourself financially in Thailand.

Edited by mstevens
  • Like 1

For a foreigner who has already spent an unusually long, almost continuous period as a tourist in Thailand it is indeed helpful if he can, when required, demonstrate that he has been defraying his cost of living in Thailand with money brought in from outside Thailand. This falls into to the category of dispelling an immigration official's suspicion about working illegally in the country.

55 minutes ago, mstevens said:

I've always had the impression that most immigration officers are reasonable if you have multiple documents you can present to them that show how you are able to support yourself financially in Thailand.

I agree with you, but with emphasis on the word most. I do believe a few people (and more recently, though still not a huge number) have encountered officials who have no interest in looking at bank account information, or other evidence of your sources of foreign income, but have just decided to refuse entry. I think sometimes the attitude of the entering foreigner can be a factor, but the fact remains that the criteria under which decisions are made are inconsistent.

• Like 1