British tourist dead after fall in front of Sweetheart Go-Go in Pattaya

webfact

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Just that my interaction with the English always left me with an impression about their alcohol use. I might have been unlucky in who i met but the ones I met always loved the drink far more then other people i knew.

english do like a drink you lot like steroids each to their own i say  

9 minutes ago, myfriendu said:

english do like a drink you lot like steroids each to their own i say  

I like steroids a lot that is news to me.. are you English and posting while drinking.. that would explain it :smile:

Edited by robblok

4 hours ago, robblok said:

I would be in jail here in no time if i were to sell that kind of stuff :stoner:

But you might to a certain extent agree that the country would definitely really deserve the title:

" Land of Smiles" and not "Land of Flying Foreigners"., or Flying Dutchman. 

Edited by ajarngreg

As always we can only speculate until more news are released.   My guess would be this was a short time room and he left his valuables in another hotel .  And that the police already know this , I am sure he had friends around who could tell them.

If he was drunk or drugged this could just be another accident. If he was pushed the guest house would know who was in the room with him.  Suicide doesn't sound right in this case. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, balo said:

As always we can only speculate until more news are released.   My guess would be this was a short time room and he left his valuables in another hotel .  And that the police already know this , I am sure he had friends around who could tell them.

If he was drunk or drugged this could just be another accident. If he was pushed the guest house would know who was in the room with him.  Suicide doesn't sound right in this case. 

balo if you was to look one page back in this thread there would be no need for you to guess about his room :annoyed:

16 hours ago, Ab32 said:

Chris was.my cousin, his parents found out yesterday. Most of the comments here are very respectable so thank you. He wasn't paying for the room per day..he had been there since the start of his holiday but was about to move hotels as it was too noisy and not what he expected. Im not sure why the hotel are saying people pay by the day. We don't know how this happened yet and it isnt fully making sense. He was very much loved, he has a large family who are all mourning his loss.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, balo said:

If he was pushed the guest house would know who was in the room with him.  

Some how, you lost the context. The "guest house" won't know who was with him. They don't care. It's about the money and damages, if any. It's a short time place no matter what is posted on here or the label "guest house", "resort" etc.. Sure, people can stay in short time places for days, weeks, months, or even a lifetime. No ID checks and no telling is the whole point. "No tell motel". RIP, most likely a momentary lapse in judgment and he either jumped or accidentally fell or didn't think he'd die and could land and run back upstairs, etc.. 

Some of the speculation is truly dreadful. As usual,  no one bothered to look at the building,

With the exception of  one open area on the 3rd floor there  are no openings.

Look closely at the image  my friend sent me courtesy of Google Maps.

There is no  railing, no enclosure. In a state of fatigue or  inebriation, one could easily open a door (if three is one) and fall over. Or one could just lean over and tumble down.

there is no need to push anyone. One can easily make a mistake and  fall to one's death.

GoGo Balcony.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, balo said:

Short time room, why get naked alone in a short time room?

If he was pushed no one will fess up, except a donation may be required, we will never know as always in these sad cases.

No sign of a struggle is the template in every bungee jump in Pattaya.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Some of the speculation is truly dreadful. As usual,  no one bothered to look at the building,

With the exception of  one open area on the 3rd floor there  are no openings.

Look closely at the image  my friend sent me courtesy of Google Maps.

There is no  railing, no enclosure. In a state of fatigue or  inebriation, one could easily open a door (if three is one) and fall over. Or one could just lean over and tumble down.

there is no need to push anyone. One can easily make a mistake and  fall to one's death.

GoGo Balcony.png

The photo indicates "Palace a GoGo" and you might have noticed the room above "Sweethearts a GoGo" has a tarp in front of the balcony? Was this photo taken after the tragedy or before?(if you know, thanks for your effort and God Bless You)

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

On another forum its been confirmed he jumped and no one else was in the room. He was on anti depressants and had been volatile recently. Case closed, no more guessing required.

And which forum might that be ?  More speculations , we will never know . 

21 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

On another forum its been confirmed he jumped and no one else was in the room. He was on anti depressants and had been volatile recently. Case closed, no more guessing required.

And this was confirmed by eye witnesses who saw him leap? And what were these anti depressants?

Sorry to say, when  people wish to commit suicide they do not  jump from a low rise building. Nor do they do it naked. Most intentional jump suicides do so fully clothed and with their wallets or id papers. They are rather organized and appear to want to be identified.

The deceased's injuries do not appear to be consistent with a  "jump" . Maybe that's the case, but confusion, or disorientation  combined with no  protective railing/barrier is more likely.

Please don't repeat uncorroborated speculation. Initially we were told that the man had no valuables, and now another report says his  belongings were in order.

The google photo I posted was from August 2016.

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I don't understand .....  how does one jump naked  ?

where was his credit card  ?  where was his thai gf or girl from the bar  ?

something is fishy ..... and it ain't in the kitchen.

Did the police tell his family  ?

its a mystery

6 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Far too many Farangs loose their lives here, Why?

Lots of them do things here they would never even contemplate doing in their own backyard.   Like Bargirls, Booze and other ill-advised activities, and to excess.

Others come to the LOS to party with whatever money they have left, and then end their lives voluntarily when the money runs out.

Who knows what the real reason was in this young man's case? I choose to assume he was a good young man who made an error, and paid dearly.

• Like 1

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/naked-british-tourist-falls-death-10226737

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3331400/naked-brit-tourist-31-falls-to-his-death-from-hotel-balcony-in-thailand/

A British man has reportedly fallen to his death from the balcony of a Thai hotel.

Christopher Laidler, 31, is said to be naked when he fell from the balcony of the same seedy guest house where Scottish ex-soldier Steve Balfour was found dead in 2016.

Crime scene of Steve in 2016 with Lady boy. Matches the room of Christopher 2017.

Floor tiles same.

Skirting board same.

Towels same colour.

This is the same room. 2 Britain's have died here now in a year. Coincidence?

And Fabulous 103 FM, a local radio station here in fun city is reporting on their news that it happened in LK Metro !! Wires a bit crossed on that one I think, the 2 locations are miles apart. 

This is the same room Steve died in. Prove me wrong. Prove it! I'm not bs. This is Sweethearts a gogo not Sweethearts bar guest house hotel.

They (Chris and Steve) stayed at Sweethearts a gogo in walking street.

Why not do some research, you'll see I'm right.