Songkran and (no) water

Guderian

I knew it was bound to happen one of these years, and it finally has. Songkran has started, water is being tossed around with gay abandon all over the place, and here on Thepprasit Soi 8 we haven’t had any water for three days now. It’s difficult to get a water truck as they are all busy topping up people’s Songkran ammunition around the town. What kind of idiocy is this from the PWA, hundreds of homes without any water while it’s simply being chucked around on the streets? I could have a good rant but I’m too disgusted with this place’s sense of priorities, so I’ll just leave it there.

1 hour ago, joepattaya1961 said:

Similar problem yesterday.

Maybe you can try this number: 087-0902775

24 hour water service

Within 30 minutes I had water flowing again.

Have someone Thai call them......

I paid THB 250 for 2m3 :(

That's a good price, here we pay 200 Baht for 1 m3. That's if you can get somebody to come at the moment, they seem really busy in this area.

I'm on the Darkside and here the water has been on and off. Even when on, it is at very low pressure, so the tank takes ages to fill.

The amount of water being thrown over here is well down on previous years, so not all bad.

I don't have any water supply problems in my village, I am on the inside of Sukhumvit.

We been in this village for about 10 years and never had any problems, we have a 2000 lit tank and never had to order a water tanker.

My e-net speeds though are up and down badly, on True, hmm

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I'm on the Darkside and here the water has been on and off. Even when on, it is at very low pressure, so the tank takes ages to fill.

The amount of water being thrown over here is well down on previous years, so not all bad.

This morning we actually have a trickle of water, luckily my tank is underground so I'm getting something. The pressure would never  get the water up into an above-ground tank.

Yes, I was going to say yesterday that the only benefit is that there's been zero water throwing on soi 8 so far. At 200 Baht/m3 I guess they're saving it for the last day.

8 hours ago, Guderian said:

That's a good price, here we pay 200 Baht for 1 m3. That's if you can get somebody to come at the moment, they seem really busy in this area.

wow, that's expensive!!!

here, if we have to order from truck, it's 120 baht...

10 hours ago, jenifer d said:

wow, that's expensive!!!

here, if we have to order from truck, it's 120 baht...

It's not that 200 - 300 baht is expensive - you're lucky to get it that cheap.

If you're in a tourist area, you won't do much better than 200. They're not stupid when it comes to fleecing tourists and expats.

16 hours ago, Guderian said:

This morning we actually have a trickle of water, luckily my tank is underground so I'm getting something. The pressure would never  get the water up into an above-ground tank.

Yes, I was going to say yesterday that the only benefit is that there's been zero water throwing on soi 8 so far. At 200 Baht/m3 I guess they're saving it for the last day.

it's really 200 - 300 baht for any amount up to the full capacity of their tank on the truck, unless you can share it with someone. I have a small tank at 750 litres, but they charge per load, not how much you take.

It used to be 180 Baht/m3 five years ago when I moved here, but it soon went up to 200 Baht. It's not a case of scamming the farang LDOP's, my Thai neighbours pay the same, I've asked them.

Happy to report that the water was just about back to normal by the afternoon yesterday.

Here we're on the big, refurbished water main from Sattahip. They relaid this 3 or 4 years ago, if you drove south along Suk at that time you'd have seen the works alongside the road. They seem to be using this water main to supply all the new condo developments in Jomtien so we periodically lose the water supply for a day or two, presumably while they hook up yet another building.

My guess is that they were busy doing that on the 12th and should have finished the job on the 13th but of course they all want to go off home for three days on 13th-15th so they just left it as it was, with no water supply for anyone in the area. The official Songkran 3 days finished on the 15th and they were back to work on the 16th and by the afternoon we had water back. That's my guess anyway.