Samui Taxi driver wins 30 million baht lottery

webfact

Samui Taxi driver wins 30 million baht lottery

Phuket Gazette

pkt1.jpeg          

The man told reporters that he will continue to drive his taxi. Photo: Suchat Hankij

SAMUI: -- A taxi driver yesterday won 30 million baht in lottery winnings in Koh Samui.

Sittichai Samthong, 40, was surrounded by friends and family to celebrate his good fortune.

“I was confused at first because I did not expect to win. I have now notified Samui Police,” Mr Sittichai told the Phuket Gazette. “I will continue to drive my taxi – I just want to buy a new house for my mother.”

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Samui-Taxi-driver-wins-30-million-baht/66483?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-04-18

MOVE,,,,,,,,,,change name , plastic surgery ,  maybe sex change :)

then you might have something left in 2 years......

Can you win the Lottery in Thailand without the public knowing ?

I think in the USA its public record .....

First mistake  was telling everyone ,   next mistakes soon to come !

Contrary to all the synics on this forum.  This Guy is related to my Father-in-Law who is visiting us from Chumphon.  He was going to pop round and see them as a visiting relative, as they do every time they come to Samui, but hearing of the win, decided not to incase the Family thought they had come for a hand out.

Glad to hear of this guys good fortune, and if he wants to continue to drive taxi in Samui, good on him

as well.Maybe This are not the same blood suckers that relatives from other countries are.  Well good luck to

him as I think he will find that he has many relatives that want a free drink or meal or ride in his taxi

Geezer

My neighbor has been friends with this guy for years and said he has had a million people come out off the woodwork since he won.

He is going to build his parents a house and give money to his kids seemingly. Also his wife left him a few months ago for another guy , bet she's happy now !!:laugh:

14 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Fifteen x 2 = 30

He bought 5 tickets all with the same number. one ticket has 2 parts to it both same number. One part off it is worth 3 million so if if you have one whole ticket you can win 6 million. He had 5 whole tickets , hence 30 million.

You can buy single tickets, books off 5 and books of 10.

22 hours ago, TheLobster said:

I thought the maximum pay out is around 2 Million?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_lottery#Prizes

So he bought 10 + tickets with the same number?

19 hours ago, rak sa_ngop said:

.....and if you read the link that you have so kindly provided you will find out about the 30 million baht bonus prize.

It was a bit of a rhetorical question. But you are quite wrong anyway. Sometimes it is better not to try and be a smart arse ;-). Bonus prize eliminated by military government after 1 Aug 2015.

15 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Fifteen x 2 = 30

Sometimes it is better not to try and be a smart arse ;-) - See below.

14 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

He bought 5 tickets all with the same number. one ticket has 2 parts to it both same number. One part off it is worth 3 million so if if you have one whole ticket you can win 6 million. He had 5 whole tickets , hence 30 million.

You can buy single tickets, books off 5 and books of 10.

Thank you for your explanation, I'm just wondering what the odds are of someone buying 5 jackpot winning tickets?

just as bad as the odds off him having one winning ticket !! Thais usually but multiples a lot .

But the odds compared to payout are some off the worst available but it keeps the dream alive for the average poor person !! 9 years I have done it for and not won 1 bht !!!

Good luck to this bloke! I do this lottery too but would be extremely worried if we ever won. Would it be possible to fly to bkk & get the wife to claim there even if the ticket was purchased here?

I'd still play my home lottery if Camelot were a little more user friendly re Brits abroad.

38 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Good luck to this bloke! I do this lottery too but would be extremely worried if we ever won. Would it be possible to fly to bkk & get the wife to claim there even if the ticket was purchased here?

I'd still play my home lottery if Camelot were a little more user friendly re Brits abroad.

Best send wife in as she pays slightly less tax on it I think !!  But obviously don't let her out off your sight !! :laugh:

39 minutes ago, evadgib said:

You can do any lottery in the world at Thelotter.com from anywhere.

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

47 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

You can do any lottery in the world at Thelotter.com from anywhere.

For the UK lottery you must be 'physically located in the UK or Isle of Man'. You would need to fly back to the UK to claim.

3 hours ago, TheLobster said:

For the UK lottery you must be 'physically located in the UK or Isle of Man'. You would need to fly back to the UK to claim.

The lotter use agents to purchase the tickets in the countries and they will collect it if you don't wish to travel to collect it or cant due to restrictions.

Any winnings I have had were sent straight to my bank .