Have I been had by DHL?

janclaes47

Seems you were lucky, compared to others of us who have experienced nothing but headaches with DHL's delivery and customs clearance services in Thailand.

Always use express delivery to house. Mate on Koh Tao also no problems. Good Service. Are you in the sticks?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, baneko said:

Always use express delivery to house. Mate on Koh Tao also no problems. Good Service. Are you in the sticks?

No, I live in central Bangkok and our company is as well. We used air courier services extensively at work, as in around 80,000 to 100,000 per month, mostly with Fedex since we have had such dreadful experiences with DHL.

1 hour ago, wayned said:

I agree that DHL is useless, read post 57.

An update on my first , AND LAST, shipment by Ebay GPS.  They sent me an email yesterday with a big SUCCESS on it.  Your package has been delivered.   Maybe it was, but not to me.  The email was one that you could not respond to so I went through their website and complained.  I got another email from them, no response allowed,  stating that I needed to wait a while for the seller to straighten it out.  The seller delivered to GPS and GPS is ebay so I responded as such again though their website..  This morning I got an email, again no response allowed, from a real person apologizing for the problem and stating that they would check by contacting the agent here.  He also said that I should ask for a refund but that their system would not allow me to do that until after the end of the delivery window that was May 3.  I respond again through their website terminating the email  that IMHO the only resolution to the problem was euthanasia of the entire GPS staff and have yet to hear back.

IMHO the only reliable service from either the UK or the US is the postal system!  I'm sure others will disagree!

That's too funny. That is exactly what happened to me last week with a delivery from eBay GPS to my office, via DHL. After sending two separate stacks of signed company documents and my passport on two different days, then multiple calls to DHL between my office and them (yes, we had to pay to courier those to them), I received an email a couple of days later saying "Success, your shipment has been delivered"! But it was not delivered. Finally, it arrived the next day, after DHL spent one week clearing it following its arrival at BKK. That is the service we prepaid for with eBay's GPS.

No, I live in central Bangkok and our company is as well. We used air courier services extensively at work, as in around 80,000 to 100,000 per month, mostly with Fedex since we have had such dreadful experiences with DHL.

I asked whether you were in the sticks as DHL may have passed the mail onto a different courier in remote locations.

Fedex also OK. My company swear by DHL and wont use any other courier. They have locations in Houston, Dubai, Luanda, Batam, Bangkok, Perth, Almaty, Aberdeen, Baku to name a few. Being American I thought they would use Fedex but no they use DHL.

4 hours ago, baneko said:

I asked whether you were in the sticks as DHL may have passed the mail onto a different courier in remote locations.

Fedex also OK. My company swear by DHL and wont use any other courier. They have locations in Houston, Dubai, Luanda, Batam, Bangkok, Perth, Almaty, Aberdeen, Baku to name a few. Being American I thought they would use Fedex but no they use DHL.

Well now that you have listed all those locations, I know who your company would be. Needless to say that they are much larger than we are, so maybe you are getting special treatment!   :wink: