Phuket parked tour bus rolls off, crunches pickup, shopfront

webfact

Phuket parked tour bus rolls off, crunches pickup, shopfront

Eakkapop Thongtub

1492574447_1-org.jpg

The parked tour bus rolled some 80 metres from where the Chinese tourists were dropped off at the jewellery store before crunching to a halt into the merit-making supplies shop. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- A runaway Phuket tour bus that was left parked and unattended after dropping off Chinese tourists at a jewellery store rolled some 80 metres before crashing into a parked pickup truck, which shunted a motorbike and then crunched into tables set up in front of a merit-making supplies shop in Chalong yesterday afternoon (April 18).

No injuries were reported in the incident, which occurred on the road to Wat Luang Pu Supha, Chaofa Rd Soi 69, at about 2:30pm confirmed Lt Col Kanan Somrak of the Chalong Police.

Bus driver Arnat Luangammart, 37, from Buriram, told officers, “I dropped off Chinese tourists at the Royal Paragon jewellery complex and parked the bus. I switched off the engine and put it in gear to prevent the bus from rolling, but I did not put chocks under the wheels because it is not steep where the bus was parked.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-parked-tour-bus-rolls-off-crunches-pickup-shopfront-61827.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-04-19

I put the bus in gear, b...hit.

There is no need to put chocks at the wheels on any vehicle that is correctly maintained.

Always brake failure    :cheesy: no stupidity on the drivers part.

Edited by colinneil

“I ran toward the bus but none of the tourists were still on board,” he added.

“I think someone played with the gears and that made the bus roll,” Mr Arnat said.

It's quite possible a spirit of some kind has played a role in this non-accident. :thumbsup:

but I did not put chocks under the wheels",  it's a bus not an airplane, 

if the bus was facing downhill it should have been put in reverse gear,

facing up hill left in 1 st  gear,but that might be a difficult concept for

a Thai bus driver,          in correct gear with handbrake ON.

regards worgeordie