Name of this mushroom

caz

Hi Can anyone tell me the name of this mushroom please it grows under the mango trees and is edible . The only name I could get was white mushroom which produces nothing on google search.

It would much appreciated if I could get a proper name in english or thai.

SAM_8818.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I have studied some mycology, and can offer some input, take it as you will, it is not 'fact' and eating poorly or wrongly identified mushrooms can make you very sick. 

At a first guess I would say it's a 'shaggy parasol'. But this is the problem with common names, in this case that means either of a few different mushrooms, the Chlorophyllum olivieri and the Chlorophyllum rhacodes. The latter is edible, but only when cooked. 

If we are getting close to an ID on your fruitbodies, despite not enough data keys to accurately identify, then the very real danger is that this may be a 'false parasol, or Chlorophullum molybdites which contains powerful toxins that will make you throw up and get the runs. Not pleasant. 

A great way for secondary mushroom ID is to make a spore 'print'. Very simple if just for ID purposes. Pull the fruit from the stem right at the base, and lay it gill-side down on a piece of aluminum foil, then cover the whole thing with a glass for a day. Come back, examine the foil and there you go, you have a spore print. If (and this is a big if) I'm on the right track with my earlier suggestions, the toxic mushroom will shed green spores, and the edible mushroom will shed white spores. 

• 4 weeks later...