Bang Saray

JackScarlett

Being  very new to the Pattaya area, I have been looking around as to where I might settle.  I met a gentleman yesterday who said I could do a lot worse than take a look at Bang Saray.

So as an initial step I had a look on the internet at the property available in that area for rent - I don't want the problem of a permanent property should I want to move on - but there does not appear to be very much available within the rental market.

I will venture out and go look in the near future but don't want to waste my time on what might turn out to be a fruitless journey.

So any info would be much appreciated.

Thank you

I confirm that Bang Saray is particularly interesting for several reasons:

- Sea food restaurants directly on the water. Great pleasure for the palate and the marine atmosphere.
  - Beautiful and pleasant beach.
  - Many (too) of sea view buildings of recent construction have not found takers. Prices are plummeting for an investment that will ultimately be profitable.
 - Quick access to South-East Island, Koh Samet and Koh Chang.
  - several nice places nearby.

I have been to Bang Saray a number of times over the years mostly to eat at their seafood restaurants.       It's a nice laid back place (except on the weekends) with it's small ex-pat community.      I like to visit but wouldn't be for me to live.    If you are looking for a relatively quiet place with easy access to the Pattaya/Jomtien area  then it might be for you.     Good luck with your search.

It's a good idea to rent while you get to know the area.  My best advice would be to think about how you plan to spend your time while you are here.  What do you enjoy doing, your interests, hobbies, etc.?  What would be a typical week for you?  That could help determine what area might be best for you.  Another factor might be whether you will be living here year-round or just part of the year.  As a year-round resident, I would find Bang Saray to be too far out for my lifestyle but it could possibly work for a 2-3 month stay. 

I agree with the other posters that it might be too quiet for long term stay but perhaps perfect for some and if you have a vehicle, easy to pop in to Pattaya for shopping.

I also often goes out there either on my motor bike or in the truck for some nice sea food.

Yes generally pretty crowded during the week-ends.

There are some interesting villa developments out there (not on the beach side) sitting quite nicely in the hills and I am sure some of those houses are for rent but haven't checked lately. 

20 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

A drive around will uncover lots of rentals that are not listed on websites, most big condo complexes have notice boards and rental lists and there are a couple of agents. A lot of stuff doesnt end up on the internet and a lot of the time its out of date.

Yes. Get in the car and go and look. There are masses of places available to rent there.

• Like 1

I nip down to Bang Saray from Jomtien once a month for brunch at a favorite place of mine. Excellent croissants.

It is not that close. A very nice beach. Plenty of places to rent. If you have no interest in Pattaya/Jomtien nightlife

and think you would like a quiet life style it is worth checking out. I would not recommend renting anything without

you checking it out thoroughly in relation to what you are looking for. 

Hi Jack.

Please excuse the Pun !!!! I actually live in Bang Saray and it is a lovely place to live,away from the hustle and Bustle of Pattaya,which bye the way is only a 20 minute drive or 20 Baht on the baht bus.. No hassle with people trying to sell you stuff. nice clean beach plenty of restaurants. Sea food Restaurants are good people come from miles at the weekend to sample the tastes..

• Like 1

It is important to decide what lifestyle you are after. I would expect Bangsaray to provide a quiet but pleasant one if that would make you happy. But if you enjoy some nightlife, you may prefer being closer, or even in Pattaya itself. If you like to go sea fishing, Bang Saray would work. You may also prefer to be near some cinemas and shopping facilities, the drive from Bang Saray into Pattaya can be in very heavy traffic.

I live well out of town and am glad of it, mostly. The location allows me to afford a bigger home, a house, rather than a box in the sky. But every now and again I wish I could jump on a baht bus for a night out, be it watching football over a beer or a GGB.

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 8:01 AM, Peterw42 said:

A drive around will uncover lots of rentals that are not listed on websites, most big condo complexes have notice boards and rental lists and there are a couple of agents. A lot of stuff doesnt end up on the internet and a lot of the time its out of date.

That's the way I did and do it, driving around and found one in a day.

Lots of rentals and a lot cheaper than on the internet.

But it depends what you are looking for.

I live among Thais in a Thai rental house which  not every expat will like to do.

the key question is your electric consume,

(Aircon the whole day, cause the place is heating up to 38 ´C,  in 30 minutes, after you switch the aircon off)

many thai houses for rent, are ok, if you say, a ventilator is enough - no need for an aircon,

a cold shower is enough - no need for a multipoint heater,

or I am happy with a single heater in the shower,

as long, as the earth cable isn`t corroded.

But when you start, to have a safety demand,

you understand, why the rent houses are empty,

while many houses have electrical safety issues, 

no RCBO, no proper earthing,  no proper repair of the last cable burn.

so, the question is not the price of the rent,

but the safety level, you want to invest.

On Sat Apr 22 2017 at 11:22 AM, happy Joe said:

I confirm that Bang Saray is particularly interesting for several reasons:

- Sea food restaurants directly on the water. Great pleasure for the palate and the marine atmosphere.
  - Beautiful and pleasant beach.
  - Many (too) of sea view buildings of recent construction have not found takers. Prices are plummeting for an investment that will ultimately be profitable.
 - Quick access to South-East Island, Koh Samet and Koh Chang.
  - several nice places nearby.

Sorry mate I was there last week at Bang Saray and the bech was absolutely filthy cigarette butts paper glass straws on the beach plastic in the water I don't think it was a nice beach at all Saekael beach is the best and the cleanest and why would anyone want to rent in that area anyway nothing to do unless you just want to chill.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

Surely that's the most obvious one in Pattaya. ??

No,    i have never come across anyone saying GGB, they say Go- Go - Bar ,

no abbreviation  needed,  that's what did me  :coffee1:

Edited by onemorechang
  • Like 1

Seems to me, most comments focus on the WEST Side of Sukhumvit Road. (the Beach-Side).

- What has been going on EAST of Sukhumvit Road (a few KM's into the sticks ?) = Haven't been there for years, so I am not up to date.
Years ago, 1 KM east of Sukhumvit there was literally "nothing". Today ?
Cheers.

behind Ambassador / Mimosa, the construction for the new highway, are running,

when finished, it will be a big jump - easy in, easy out.

But so far,  depending on your location on the "Dark Side",

can be a 1 hour trip, to the central shopping centre.

• 1 year later...
On 4/23/2017 at 6:33 PM, crazyfalang said:

Hi Jack.

Please excuse the Pun !!!! I actually live in Bang Saray and it is a lovely place to live,away from the hustle and Bustle of Pattaya,which bye the way is only a 20 minute drive or 20 Baht on the baht bus.. No hassle with people trying to sell you stuff. nice clean beach plenty of restaurants. Sea food Restaurants are good people come from miles at the weekend to sample the tastes..

It's impossible to go from Central  Pattaya to Bang Saray Beach in 20 minutes unless you leave at 4am and break speed limits. Central  Pattaya daytime in a car is minimum 40 minutes,  weekends over an hour. 

• Like 1