Who is required to report to immigration within 24 hours?

4 hours ago, merijn said:
16 hours ago, atyclb said:

heres a questiion;

as a foreign owner renting to a thai no problem. if the thai gal gets a visit from foreign boyfriend who must report the bf staying with her?  

what is foreign owner is outside of thailand when bf comes ??

btw; upscale bkk condo now requiring copy of passport of all foriegners living here.  condo is 99% thai

The land owner is responsible to reporting all foreign visitors at their property.

So you as the owner are responsible for doing this.

If the owner is not available the Power of Attorney letter can be used to authorize another person to do the reporting on his behalf.

(not all immigration offices are requiring this Power of Attorney letter but some are very strict)

so the thai gal as primary renter should have the responsibility of reporting because i am renting to her as sole renter.

1 hour ago, atyclb said:

so the thai gal as primary renter should have the responsibility of reporting because i am renting to her as sole renter.

It does not matter who the renter is as the landowner is responsible for the reporting.

If you are the landowner you are responsible for this.

18 minutes ago, merijn said:
1 hour ago, atyclb said:

It does not matter who the renter is as the landowner is responsible for the reporting.

If you are the landowner you are responsible for this.

cool, i will fly 2000 miles back so i can report this new occurrence 

16 minutes ago, atyclb said:

You can authorize somebody else to do the address registration on your behalf with the Power of Attorney form.

Please check with your local immigration office if this letter is required as not all immigration offices require this letter.

3 minutes ago, merijn said:

You can authorize somebody else to do the address registration on your behalf with the Power of Attorney form.

Phuket is the only office that is wanting as far as I know. Many offices let people to do themselves.

7 minutes ago, merijn said:
26 minutes ago, atyclb said:

Please check with your local immigration office if this letter is required as not all immigration offices require this letter.

and the coolest thing about this is how the thai renter just thinks i will fly back to do this. though she may not have a penis she sure has balls

Edited by atyclb

On 4/23/2017 at 9:27 AM, NanLaew said:

Where?

ONCE AGAIN, please state the Immigration office where this is a requirement.

So far Chiang Mai and Korat have been mentioned but there are  plenty other foreigners reporting and extending elsewhere who are not being harassed as such.

Exactly, this topic gets beaten to death every other week. Different offices = different requirements.

On 4/23/2017 at 6:27 AM, NanLaew said:

Where?

ONCE AGAIN, please state the Immigration office where this is a requirement.

So far Chiang Mai and Korat have been mentioned but there are  plenty other foreigners reporting and extending elsewhere who are not being harassed as such.

Phuket for example will require the Power of Attorney letter if the owner is not present.

22 hours ago, atyclb said:

heres a questiion;

as a foreign owner renting to a thai no problem. if the thai gal gets a visit from foreign boyfriend who must report the bf staying with her?  

what is foreign owner is outside of thailand when bf comes ??

btw; upscale bkk condo now requiring copy of passport of all foriegners living here.  condo is 99% thai

For a leased residence, section 4 of the Immigration Act defines the house-master as the chief possessor of the residence in his capacity of tenant.

Section 38 requires the house-master or the owner or the possessor to notify the arrival of foreigners at the residence.

I consider it advisable, particularly in a case like yours, to include in the rental agreement a clause making it the responsibility of the tenant to make this notification to immigration.

Edited by Maestro
Added link to the Immigration Act
  • Like 1

This is my Nong Khai IO ReEntry story.  We planned on a roadtrip to Malaysia overnight crossing by the Penang ferryboat, Hat Yai for a few days, and we flew into Bangkok for a few weeks before we return on another road trip back home from Bangkok.  We entered Malaysia and ReEntered Thailand at the Betong land border Immigration Office.

And I have an appointment in two weeks at the US Embassy for my last Income Letter to use next year, then back home the next day.

When I got my ReEntry permit my wife talked to the head Immigration Officer, who she knows, about our trip.  She wanted a TM30 done in Bangkok since we were staying in Bangkok at one of our family's home.  So when we got back to Bangkok we spent yesterday all day at the Bangkok Immigration Office and I have a slip of paper in my passport for her.  When we get back in a few weeks we have to go to Nong Khai Immigration the next day and the Immigration officers will take care of the TM30 for my wife.  I will have a new TM30 Receipt and a new 90 day report slip in my passport as well as having my new small TM6.

If you don't ask YOUR Immigration Office then you will not KNOW what THEY require and you will have everything correct without having to flip through all of the regurgitation on TVF.  But don't waste your time with a minor Immigration Officer.  Hunt down a boss.

Edited by timkeen08

Hi, Anyone know if it’s still ok to move around ( Jomtien to Bangkok etc) and not be  obliged to re do a TM30 ? I always do it when arriving from France and when I last asked, the officer at Jomtien said I didn’t have to again if I was going to Bangkok and back again to the same address. Also, can someone remind me what is needed ? The condo office will do their bit as usual. Thanks. 

A year ago I moved to Ubon. 

I'm now fully registered at the Ubon Immigration : TM30, 90-day and I just did my one-year stay extension here.

Before moving here I was renting a studio in BKK and another one in Pattaya.

I now keep only the BKK one until next year.

I used to do the 90-day in Jomtien and the extension in Chaeng Wattana. 

I never did a TM30 myself until I came to Ubon to live in my TGF's house who then did immediately a TM30.

TGF asked immigration Ubon if she had to do a new TM30 every time I go stay in my BKK studio for a few days.

Yes they said ...

What about if I do a round-trip UBP-BKK on the same day like I plan to do sometimes ?

She didn't ask ... I wonder what the law says about that !!

43 minutes ago, jayceenik said:

I never did a TM30 myself until I came to Ubon to live in my TGF's house who then did immediately a TM30.

TGF asked immigration Ubon if she had to do a new TM30 every time I go stay in my BKK studio for a few days.

Yes they said ...

Not sure who told her that but it was wrong info. Ubon immigration has never wanted a TM30 form every time you traveled within the country. 

At one time they wanted one if you traveled out of the country but now they are not even asking for them when you return.

They only want one if you change your address now.

On 11/2/2018 at 10:24 AM, ubonjoe said:

Not sure who told her that but it was wrong info. Ubon immigration has never wanted a TM30 form every time you traveled within the country. 

At one time they wanted one if you traveled out of the country but now they are not even asking for them when you return.

They only want one if you change your address now.

She got it from the officer who was "interviewing" me (because it's my first time doing the extension with them).

The guy is high ranking in that immigration Ubon office.

4 hours ago, jayceenik said:

She got it from the officer who was "interviewing" me (because it's my first time doing the extension with them).

The guy is high ranking in that immigration Ubon office.

I have never been asked for a TM30 form and have traveled all over the country since I started getting extensions.

I got a PM from a member that went to do a TM30 after entering the country and was told it was not required anymore.

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I have never been asked for a TM30 form and have traveled all over the country since I started getting extensions.

I got a PM from a member that went to do a TM30 after entering the country and was told it was not required anymore.

I'm not sure we're on the same wave length ...

A TM 30 is the responsibility of the the landlord harboring an alien. 

Hotels do it as a matter of course. It's the law.

My TGF had to do it herself in person showing her house registration document.

My responsibility was to report my address change to hers from the one registered years ago at CW.

I never was asked personally for a TM 30. 

BTW I had never heard of that form until a couple years ago when BM started mentioning it on TV.

12 minutes ago, jayceenik said:

I'm not sure we're on the same wave length ..

Basically a TM30 report only has to be done once for the address where you are living when you apply for an extension unless you change your address is what they are saying now.

Most hotels do the report when you check in but that does not change your address. Immigration would not know about it unless they checked the database where the reports are kept.

I have not changed my address since they starting wanting a TM30 report done. When they were wanting one done every time you entered the country I never needed to do it since I have not left Thailand.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Basically a TM30 report only has to be done once for the address where you are living when you apply for an extension unless you change your address is what they are saying now.

Most hotels do the report when you check in but that does not change your address. Immigration would not know about it unless they checked the database where the reports are kept.

I have not changed my address since they starting wanting a TM30 report done. When they were wanting one done every time you entered the country I never needed to do it since I have not left Thailand.

Yes.

I had to do a second Ubon TM30 last year because I spent two months back in BKK and did my extension and 90-day there so it would have been obvious to immigration Ubon that I had been "elsewhere" when I later do the 90-day and apply for extension

I don't plan to make any more TM 30 when I go again to BKK for short stays. I'm now in Ubon permanently.

• 7 months later...
On 4/22/2017 at 11:23 AM, SiamBeast said:

Normally house owners must report any foreigner staying on their premises within 24 hours - this means that my wife must report me when I arrive to her place from an overseas trip.

However nobody cares and nobody does it.

Hotels and guesthouses have an automatic reporting system that reports you when you check in.

So the news is that it has changed now.

Immigration authorities now started to implement this unused rule seriously.

Yesterday I wen to Chaeng Wathana to get a one year extension of my OA and was flunk because there was no report from me or my condo about me living there. 1st time after 12 years.

So I had to go back to my condo and get the TM 30 filled and tamped.  

9 minutes ago, fakser said:

So the news is that it has changed now.

Immigration authorities now started to implement this unused rule seriously.

Yesterday I wen to Chaeng Wathana to get a one year extension of my OA and was flunk because there was no report from me or my condo about me living there. 1st time after 12 years.

So I had to go back to my condo and get the TM 30 filled and tamped.  

Immigration is indeed enforcing this rule more strict compared to previous times.

We see many people send away to get the address registration done when they want a extension or something similar.

Here’s a question or two regarding this 24 hour rule and TM 28 form.

a) On several occasions I have traveled from Phitsanalook to Bangkok on an afternoon flight..... checked into a hotel late afternoon... checked out early morning and arrived back home late morning.... all in less than a 24 hour period.
Did the hotel report my stay as it was less than 24 hours?
Am I suppose to report to immigration office that I was out of town less than 24 hours... as I traveled out side my province?

b) I catch up with a friend from time to time whom lives 30 mins away from where I live .. but in the same province.
I arrive at his home 6pm and some times if I have had to much to drink I stay the night...as its to dangerous to drive home.
I leave the next morning and return home.
All in less than a 24 hour period.
Do either of us have to report to immigration the fact that I stayed the evening as it was less than a 24 hour period.?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

1 minute ago, e&j said:

a) On several occasions I have traveled from Phitsanalook to Bangkok on an afternoon flight..... checked into a hotel late afternoon... checked out early morning and arrived back home late morning.... all in less than a 24 hour period.
Did the hotel report my stay as it was less than 24 hours?
Am I suppose to report to immigration office that I was out of town less than 24 hours... as I traveled out side my province?

The hotel would of reported you. The 24 hours is within 24 hours of arriving at the residence not 24 hours in another province for TM30 reporting.

2 minutes ago, e&j said:

b) I catch up with a friend from time to time whom lives 30 mins away from where I live .. but in the same province.
I arrive at his home 6pm and some times if I have had to much to drink I stay the night...as its to dangerous to drive home.
I leave the next morning and return home.
All in less than a 24 hour period.

You are confusing TM30 reporting under section 38 of the immigration act with the requirement in section 37 that requires a report using a TM28 form of your stay in another province for more than 24 hours within 48 hours that is not enforced.

I’m married and am registered officially as living in my missus’ condo. Last time I returned to Thailand from abroad was the end of March this year. I just competed a successful 90 day report last Friday (14th June). Should I expect a fine when I renew my yearly extension in Bangkok in November? 

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I’m married and am registered officially as living in my missus’ condo. Last time I returned to Thailand from abroad was the end of March this year. I just competed a successful 90 day report last Friday (14th June). Should I expect a fine when I renew my yearly extension in Bangkok in November? 

Not if you do a TM30 report correctly. Whats so difficult about doing one.

You are confusing TM30 reporting under section 38 of the immigration act with the requirement in section 37 that requires a report using a TM28 form of your stay in another province for more than 24 hours within 48 hours that is not enforced.

Thanks for reply,
So in a nut shell... the hotel will report my stay to immigration because they have to and I don’t as the time is under 24 hours.
My concern if this is correct.... thai Immigration computerised systems may eventually pick this up?
One can only hope that immigration will delve into 2 night stays.
Unfortunately it’s very confusing as there is probably so many scenarios.
Image1560948536.980790.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2019 at 2:29 PM, merijn said:

Immigration is indeed enforcing this rule more strict compared to previous times.

We see many people send away to get the address registration done when they want a extension or something similar.

Don't forget the 800 baht fine for you  condo's owner default

I applied and was granted an Extension today at CW, but most definitely it was only issued following the completion of a form TM30 and as I had not reported a form TM30 since 2014, I was Fined 800 baht, had to provide copies of the chanote (I am a condo owner), the yellow book was not required and I had to provide a handwritten drawing of my condo location. It was also stressed that when I return into the Kingdom in future, I should submit a TM30 within 24 hours.