Netanyahu will skip talks if German minister meets left-wing group - Israeli official

webfact

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok.

AFAIK There are only 2 countries, that's less than 0.5% of our World's countries, who support Israel. Those countries are USA and, ahem, Israel. If there are other countries which are pro Israel, I'd like to learn something new.

Now if little, but aggressive country's head like 'bibi', wishes to dictate policies to EU heads, he has miscalculated his  influence.

4 hours ago, oilinki said:

Ok.

AFAIK There are only 2 countries, that's less than 0.5% of our World's countries, who support Israel. Those countries are USA and, ahem, Israel. If there are other countries which are pro Israel, I'd like to learn something new.

Now if little, but aggressive country's head like 'bibi', wishes to dictate policies to EU heads, he has miscalculated his  influence.

the Netherlands?

3 hours ago, bandito said:

It was the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem who met with Hitler in Berlin and urged him to exterminate the Jews as a final solution.

The concentration camps were there but gassing the Jews came , as an advice, from Mufti boy.

As an aside, there were not only Jews in these camps there were also Gypsies, Homosexuals and Germans who got murdered there.

as well as resistance members from occupied companies and in other camps Russian prisoners of war were deliberately worked to death as the Third Reich considered peoples of Slavic origin to be subhuman

12 hours ago, Trouble said:

Recently had dinner with a very good Jewish friend who had traveled to Israel with her sister.  She came back with a slightly different view of what is going on there than she had before. She had travelled there before as well but this trip she met a number of people that certainly changed her view of how many of the Palestinians are treated in that country.  Just goes to show that all is not what it appears on the outside sometimes. I make no comment either way about the situation in Israel but just goes to show how attitudes can change with differences in experiences. That's why seeing things first hand is a lot better than relying on the media and political propaganda coming from the mouths of politicians.  Kind of odd that a visiting German official would be given an ultimatum: It's either Bennie or the highway!  So much for trying to get ALL the facts in a given situation. Believe it or not it does seem that even the Israelis have differing opinions on things there.

it's true that some jews disagree with Zionism (but not Israel)

orthodox-jewish-anti-israeli-zionism-demonstration-in-london-jews-c6a4n3.jpg

2 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

it's true that some jews disagree with Zionism (but not Israel)

orthodox-jewish-anti-israeli-zionism-demonstration-in-london-jews-c6a4n3.jpg

Off topic inflammatory garbage.:offtopic2: How many times has the Israel demonization agenda posted this very same total crapola on this forum? These characters, and they are characters. do not represent Jews or Israelis in any way whatsover. Their numbers are a tiny fraction of one percent of the Jewish people. Maybe there are some naive, ignorant people that see pictures of these loons and actually think they represent Jews in any way. They do not.

Please stop posting such misleading fake news/fake Jews propaganda. 

Back to topic please. 

On 4/25/2017 at 9:26 PM, Trouble said:

Recently had dinner with a very good Jewish friend who had traveled to Israel with her sister.  She came back with a slightly different view of what is going on there than she had before. She had travelled there before as well but this trip she met a number of people that certainly changed her view of how many of the Palestinians are treated in that country.  Just goes to show that all is not what it appears on the outside sometimes. I make no comment either way about the situation in Israel but just goes to show how attitudes can change with differences in experiences. That's why seeing things first hand is a lot better than relying on the media and political propaganda coming from the mouths of politicians.  Kind of odd that a visiting German official would be given an ultimatum: It's either Bennie or the highway!  So much for trying to get ALL the facts in a given situation. Believe it or not it does seem that even the Israelis have differing opinions on things there.

A lot of Israel demonizing posters on this forum could take your advice.My bet is the vast majority of them have never been within a thousand miles of Israel.

Obviously there are many moderate and leftist Israelis. The group the German FM was meeting is part of that. Israel is a democracy. Netanyahu governs in an environment where some factions are to the right and some to the left. Of course, it is true that the right wing side of the spectrum has dominated Israeli politics for quite some time. 

This entire kerfuffle appears to be purely about domestic Israeli politics for Netanyahu. It obviously looks awful internationally, but that isn't his priority. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Off topic inflammatory garbage.:offtopic2: How many times has the Israel demonization agenda posted this very same total crapola on this forum? These characters, and they are characters. do not represent Jews or Israelis in any way whatsover. Their numbers are a tiny fraction of one percent of the Jewish people. Maybe there are some naive, ignorant people that see pictures of these loons and actually think they represent Jews in any way. They do not.

Please stop posting such misleading fake news/fake Jews propaganda. 

Back to topic please. 

How many times do you have to think that YOU represent all jews too?  and stop using the word 'fake' it is real that not all jews are zionists 

http://www.nkusa.org/

http://www.ijan.org/

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/anti-zionism-among-jews

Instead of trying to ban posts as 'off-topic' why not construct a reasoned argument?  Just like Netanyahu you seek to bully others from debate

19 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

How many times do you have to think that YOU represent all jews too?  and stop using the word 'fake' it is real that not all jews are zionists 

http://www.nkusa.org/

http://www.ijan.org/

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/anti-zionism-among-jews

Instead of trying to ban posts as 'off-topic' why not construct a reasoned argument?  Just like Netanyahu you seek to bully others from debate

Dude, I never said there were no anti-Zionist Jews.

I objected to your TROLL move of posting that picture of that FRINGE group of bizarre people that had even met with Iran's previous holocaust denying leader.

Again, you don't get to put words in my mouth. 

Again, that picture you posted is of a group of a TINY number of people. You post it to promote a totally fake narrative that they are representative.

Totally sleazy and totally disgusting. 
To add I have never seen that tiny group posted about where there wasn't a hateful agenda behind it. It's always about trying to promote a distortion  that has nothing to do with reality.

Everyone can see through the dishonest game of using that CRAZY group and presenting them as representative. 

We have no argument that there is a minority of (not crazy) Jews that are anti-Zionist. There are rational arguments for that and some of them are interesting. But it's kind of too late for such arguments as Israel now exists for a long time. 

But again that isn't the topic here, and certainly your TROLL games posting pictures of that inflammatory tiny group isn't either. 

In the context of this thread, I would assume that the majority of the sincerely dissenting Israeli soldiers in that left wing group are not in any way anti-Zionist. I assume most are patriotic Israelis that just want their nation to be better. That's an admirable goal. Zionism doesn't mean right wing or left wing or defining any specific borders. At it's core, it's about supporting the right of the Jewish people to have political self determination in national homeland. That homeland now exists and it's called Israel. 

Edited by Jingthing

I objected to your TROLL move of posting that picture of that FRINGE group of bizarre people that had even met with Iran's previous holocaust denying leader.

Again, that picture you posted is of a group of a TINY number of people. You post it to promote a totally fake narrative that they are representative.

To add I have never seen that tiny group posted about where there wasn't a hateful agenda behind it. It's always about trying to promote a distortion  that has nothing to do with reality.

Everyone can see through the dishonest game of using that CRAZY group and presenting them as representative. 

We have no argument that there is a minority of (not crazy) Jews that are anti-Zionist. There are rational arguments for that and some of them are interesting. But it's kind of too late for such arguments as Israel now exists for a long time. 

But again that isn't the topic here, and certainly your TROLL games posting pictures of that inflammatory tiny group isn't either. 

In the context of this thread, I would assume that the majority of the sincerely dissenting Israeli soldiers in that left wing group are not in any way anti-Zionist. I assume most are patriotic Israelis that just want their nation to be better. That's an admirable goal. Zionism doesn't mean right wing or left wing or defining any specific borders. At it's core, it's about supporting the right of the Jewish people to have political self determination in national homeland. That homeland now exists and it's called Israel. 

nah Zionist is right wing and we all know it as for your unfounded accusation of being a TROLL it is YOU who constantly troll this boring right wing BS about Zionism and Israel being one and the same - they are not. 

http://www.nkusa.org/aboutus/Zionism/index.cfm

Edited by LannaGuy

and the Israeli's should accept that the Palestinians have a right to their own country and remove illegal settlements

19 hours ago, Trouble said:

I note that you do not say how your friends views have changed

and the Israeli's should accept that the Palestinians have a right to their own country and remove illegal settlements

That's a big issue but alas a potential two state solution isn't exactly the topic here. It requires leadership on both sides willing to make good faith negotiations. Neither side really has that.

Not sure it matters. You can find a wide range of views among Israelis. Anecdotal accounts of a few random ones doesn't say all that much.

It's true that there is a wide range of views. But the only ones that matter are extremely right wing and growing more extreme with every passing day.

On 25/04/2017 at 8:01 PM, Jingthing said:

Israel does not dictate U.S. foreign policy. 

Hih? I guess that was a joke.

(Jingthing blocks me because I don't give unwarranted love to Jews),  don't let it disturb you.

On 4/26/2017 at 10:32 PM, oilinki said:

(Jingthing blocks me because I don't give unwarranted love to Jews),  don't let it disturb you.

Be careful. It would be possible to construe your statement here as being anti-semitic. Israel is one thing, Jews are another.

59 minutes ago, Saradoc1972 said:

A UN-agency, not the UN as such, told it like that without UN-Secretary authorization, until the "report" was pulled hastily and the Jordanian woman authorizing it was made to resign.

Sorry for the delay, I had to first get past the penis-enlargement ads on the site you quoted. 

Here is the story by Reuters,  and what Haaretz thinks of it.

And here a map of the member states above totally un-biased UN-agency, "ESCWA", is comprised of. Waste of money, really.

Ah Yes - the old 'Any condemnation of our policies is anti Semetic' Defense.

Reminds me of the concentration camp guards defence - 'I was only following orders'

The report is true. What is happening is exactly that.

On 4/26/2017 at 8:32 AM, oilinki said:

People who refuse to hear the other side of any argument - and there is always another side - show their Intolerance of others opinions and display their own arrogance. And I am far from being anti anyone or anything - excepting Fanatics, of any stripe, for any cause - anywhere.

On 4/24/2017 at 9:25 PM, pegman said:

How about the world boycotts this apartheid state until such time as it changes PM's to one that will negotiate a peace deal in good faith.

How about you understand  what apartheid means first?

Start with your  home city of winnipeg and how the locals have long treated first nations people.  Look in the mirror and  clean up your own behaviour and city first.

7 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Be careful. It would be possible to construe your statement here as being anti-semitic. Israel is one thing, Jews are another.

Wouldn't be a first for the poster referred to. No surprises there.

4 hours ago, canthai55 said:

People who refuse to hear the other side of any argument - and there is always another side - show their Intolerance of others opinions and display their own arrogance. And I am far from being anti anyone or anything - excepting Fanatics, of any stripe, for any cause - anywhere.

Pull the other one. Spewing one-sided anti-Israeli views on most related topics in which you partake. As if the above posts were not enough of a reference.

11 hours ago, Morch said:

Pull the other one. Spewing one-sided anti-Israeli views on most related topics in which you partake. As if the above posts were not enough of a reference.

Spew ? My - and the rest of the worlds - opinion. It is one sided. Not being able to farm their land - or live on it. Subject to the whim of an occupying force. Make all the apologies you want - what the nation of Israel is doing is wrong. 

I wish everyone would stop connecting the attrocities of WW11 with the current right wing regime of Israel now. There is no connect.

Israel got for free a land it had never had a government or kingdom for over 2,000 years. So be it, the Palestinians disagree. 

Regardless, having been educated, having being raised as a Christian, my sympathies are to the Palestinians. Maybe Palestine needs to be granted a land for free, not on racist religious teachings - more on historical proved events. 

Nah, not going to happen is it. Thank you America.

6 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Spew ? My - and the rest of the worlds - opinion. It is one sided. Not being able to farm their land - or live on it. Subject to the whim of an occupying force. Make all the apologies you want - what the nation of Israel is doing is wrong. 

There is a difference between criticizing Israel's ongoing occupation of Palestinian territories, and the views which you pushed earlier on the topic. The former is, indeed, pretty much internationally recognized, while the latter is not.

17 hours ago, Morch said:

There is a difference between criticizing Israel's ongoing occupation of Palestinian territories, and the views which you pushed earlier on the topic. The former is, indeed, pretty much internationally recognized, while the latter is not.

And what view did I push - you lost me there. The reminder comment I suppose. Seems I remember a passage from that book - 

A command based on words of Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount : “All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them.” The Mosaic law contains a parallel commandment: “Whatever is hurtful to you, do not do to any other person.”

Note : “Do unto others ...” is a central ethical teaching of Jesus, often referred to as the Golden Rule.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/do-unto-others-as-you-would-have-them-do-unto-you

Note to Israel - maybe read your own book

31 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

And what view did I push - you lost me there. The reminder comment I suppose. Seems I remember a passage from that book - 

A command based on words of Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount : “All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them.” The Mosaic law contains a parallel commandment: “Whatever is hurtful to you, do not do to any other person.”

Note : “Do unto others ...” is a central ethical teaching of Jesus, often referred to as the Golden Rule.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/do-unto-others-as-you-would-have-them-do-unto-you

Note to Israel - maybe read your own book

Ah, I don't think the Jews were big fans of Jesus.