What happened to the Happy Zone? Chaotic scenes as Walking Street brawl caught on camera

webfact

What happened to the Happy Zone? Chaotic scenes as Walking Street brawl caught on camera

WS.jpg

Image: video screenscot

PATTAYA: -- A video which appears to show two groups of men fighting in Walking Street Pattaya has gone viral after being shared on Facebook.

The incident, which is believed to have taken place during the early hours of Monday morning, was shared by Facebook user Sutthinat Phermsuk.

During the 4.51 second clip, which will not do anything to improve Walking Street’s already dubious reputation, it is difficult to see exactly how many people are involved and it is not known the reason the fight broke out.

The chaotic scenes show a group of men, who appear to be Middle Eastern, fighting amongst each other as staff from adjacent bars seem to be trying to calm the situation down.

At least two men appear to have been knocked on the floor during the incident, while a foreign tourist police officer can be seen falling over a garbage bag during the melee.

All this goes on while other tourists walk on by.

The footage, which has been viewed more than 120,000 times, comes just weeks after the authorities in Pattaya launched the new ‘Happy Zones’ in a bid to crackdown on illegal and antisocial behaviour in the Walking Street area.

The Happy Zones were introduced after the popular resort became the subject of negative news stories from the British tabloid press.

It is not known whether police in Pattaya are aware of the incident.

The incident comes just days after two men were filmed sexually assaulting a Thai woman on Walking Street during Songkran celebrations.

Over the weekend police confirmed that both men were now in custody.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-25

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus weapt that is a pitiful.excuse for a fight. All these people achieved was making an utter spectacle of themselves.

I do love Pattaya trips now and then but the wrong uns seem to rock up in astronomical numbers. More videos like this please ?

Take booz, drugs, raging hormones and big dose of stupidity and

mix them all up in a place that called a walking street... and this

is what you get, regardless of the nationalities of the brawlers...

Now poor Facebook user Sutthinat Phermsuk will be hauled in for attitude adjustment for bringing walking street into disrepute!!!, whilst the fairies flouncing around in the clip will get away with a wai !!!!

Edited by LennyW

49 minutes ago, z42 said:

Jesus weapt that is a pitiful.excuse for a fight. All these people achieved was making an utter spectacle of themselves.

I do love Pattaya trips now and then but the wrong uns seem to rock up in astronomical numbers. More videos like this please ?

Those 2 arab guys were lucky to walk away like they did. One of the Walking St club doormen would have laid  waste to them in no time. The girls didn't do too badly for themselves at that.

Is there anyone with an IQ of over 80 in this place? Or is that just the age of the tourist 'policeman'  who is seen just kind of hanging around playing on his phone or something, before disappearing;   never to be seen again.

25 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

Is there anyone with an IQ of over 80 in this place? Or is that just the age of the tourist 'policeman'  who is seen just kind of hanging around playing on his phone or something, before disappearing;   never to be seen again.

I would guess the tourist police guy was calling for help on his phone.

1 hour ago, Jeremy50 said:

my exact thoughts. Unbelievable that there was a policeman there at the start who got pushed out of the way. Why did he not radio for assistance. It went on for ages and no police turn up. 

I liked it at the later point (3min 55sec) where one of the arabs fell on his head where the big guy intervened. 

Both arabs are lucky that they didnt get knocked out by someone. 

What a tashy place

50 minutes ago, Ahab said:

One more reason to never go to Pattaya, on top of the 10,000 I already have.

I am with you a picture of Pattaya is worth a 1000 words and a video well unlimited. I would have to dig out my old sticker "I Am A Senior Please Do Not Hit Me"