Father murders his baby daughter on Facebook Live

webfact

Father murders his baby daughter on Facebook Live
By The Nation

PHUKET: -- A man angry over his wife leaving him hanged his 11-month-old daughter on Facebook Live before hanging himself at a deserted building in Phuket’s Thalang district on Monday.

The 21-year-old father, whose name was withheld in accordance with the law on family violence, broadcast the tragic incident at about 5.45pm in the live clip that was about four minutes long.

The Facebook Live clip drew a lot of viewers and went viral, catching the attention of the mother who rushed to seek help from police, but it was too late.

In the clip, the man was seen sitting with the baby girl on the rooftop of the multi-floor deserted building. He was seen tying a knot around the neck of the girl and dropping her down from the rooftop. She was heard crying briefly.

The man then pulled the baby up and untied the knot. She briefly cried for the last time.

The 21-year-old mother went to Thalang Police Station at about 6.30pm after learning about the clip.

Police searched for a deserted building as seen in the clip and eventually found it located near a five-star hotel at Naithon Beach in tambon Choeng Thalay of Thalang district.

Police found that the man had hanged himself from a beam in the building and the body of the girl was on the rooftop. He did not broadcast his suicide.

The mother said she had a quarrel with the man because he suspected she had a relationship with another man. The woman said she left their house after he checked her phone and threatened to kill her at about 3am on Monday.

Facebook has admitted that broadcasts of murders and suicides have been an issue that it has taken steps to prevent. 

"We have a lot of work, and we will keep doing all we can to prevent tragedies like this from happening," Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg said on stage at F8, Facebook's annual developers conference last week, in reference to a video of a murder in Cleveland that was uploaded to Facebook. "Our hearts go out to the family and friends of Robert Godwin Sr," Zuckerberg added in reference to the victim.

On April 16, a Cleveland man uploaded the video of him shooting and killing Godwin, a 74-year-old grandfather who was on his way home from an Easter meal with family.

A TV station was strongly criticized on Facebook for replaying the clip of the baby’s murder. A popular Facebook page, “Drama-Addict”, said although the station blurred the faces, the baby was heard crying.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30313287

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-04-25

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's social media coming to these days? What started out as an innocent place to keep in touch with friends, posting updates of your lunch type thing, attracting all sorts of deranged individuals posting up this type of content to random strangers on the internet. You have to ask yourself for what purpose and why anything like this tragedy should go viral? 

Another reason I give the place a wide miss. Simply horrific. 

It's not enough the families of the victims have to cope with the loss of loved ones, they now have to cope with the gazillions of rubbernecks who get a kick out of watching tragic events online and sharing it with other people. Just simply sad.

R.I.P.

Edited by Minnie the Minx

9 minutes ago, Minnie the Minx said:

they now have to cope with the gazillions of rubbernecks who get a kick out of watching tragic events online and sharing it with other people. Just simply sad.

R.I.P.

Just like someone shared this story on TV, which you clicked on 

Phuket man hangs 11-month-old daughter, self in double-homicide jealousy

Eakkapop Thongtub

1493092162_1-org.jpg

The 11-month-old babe 'Beta' looks up at her father d Wuttisan “Tei” Wongtalay, 20, moments before he hangs her. Image: Screengrab

PHUKET: -- A man hanged his 11-month-old daughter then himself in Sakoo, south of Phuket International Airport, late yesterday afternoon (April 24) in a video broadcast live on Facebook in what police believe was an act of jealousy.

The alarm was raised by Jiranuch “Bew” Trirat, 21, who called police at 6:30pm reporting that her boyfriend Wuttisan “Tei” Wongtalay, 20, had posted a Facebook Live video on his Facebook page.

The video showed him tying a rope around their daughter’s neck and lowering the infant over the edge of a building high up, with the sun shining into the camera.

“The video clip, which is about four minutes long, was posted at 5:45pm yesterday,” said Lt Col Sanit Nookhong to Thalang Police.

“In the video, Wuttisan shows a bottle of liquid, which we later confirmed was kratom drink. He gives the girl, Beta, a drink and has a drink too.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-man-hangs-11-month-old-daughter-self-in-double-homicide-jealousy-61907.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-04-25

8 minutes ago, Minnie the Minx said:

Big difference between reading a news item and watching live a murder don't you think? 

I dont know, not much difference in watching a news event live and wanting to read about it the next day . Besides the people watching were his FB Friends and they wouldnt have been aware what he was about to do and once they had some inclination of what he was about to do, they probably watched out of concern, rather than for titillation .

Anyway, absolutely horrific and I dont think that this is the right place and time to discuss social media

51 minutes ago, webfact said:

Facebook has admitted that broadcasts of murders and suicides have been an issue that it has taken steps to prevent. 

51 minutes ago, webfact said:

A TV station was strongly criticized on Facebook for replaying the clip of the baby’s murder. A popular Facebook page, “Drama-Addict”, said although the station blurred the faces, the baby was heard crying.

See above.

Posted then shared, then went viral.

Edited by Minnie the Minx

The internet is a wonder full thing.

The things that can be done now because of the invention of the internet is staggering.

The internet( social media) is also creating evil in the world.

The world is becoming 1 sick sh,,t hole of a place, and i for 1 am will not be sorry to leave all this evil behind when i pass away.

Edited by colinneil

10 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I dont know, not much difference in watching a news event live and wanting to read about it the next day . Besides the people watching were his FB Friends and they wouldnt have been aware what he was about to do and once they had some inclination of what he was about to do, they probably watched out of concern, rather than for titillation .

Anyway, absolutely horrific and I dont think that this is the right place and time to discuss social media

"they probably watched out of concern, rather than for titillation" - a video clip I am sure they will never forget, and wished they had never watched.

49 minutes ago, Minnie the Minx said:

What's social media coming to these days? What started out as an innocent place to keep in touch with friends, posting updates of your lunch type thing, attracting all sorts of deranged individuals posting up this type of content to random strangers on the internet. You have to ask yourself for what purpose and why anything like this tragedy should go viral? 

Another reason I give the place a wide miss. Simply horrific. 

It's not enough the families of the victims have to cope with the loss of loved ones, they now have to cope with the gazillions of rubbernecks who get a kick out of watching tragic events online and sharing it with other people. Just simply sad.

R.I.P.

It's not just social media websites. 

There's not much difference to members of the public pulling out their mobile phone and filming a crime / murder and then either uploading the footage to YouTube, or selling it to the media. 

As an example, this guy could have yelled to people down on the street that he was going to jump.  For sure a crowd would have gathered, with some of them videoing the incident on their phone.

Unfortunately, "If it bleeds, it leads."  

13 minutes ago, colinneil said:

The internet is a wonder full thing.

The things that can be done now because of the invention of the internet is staggering.

The internet( social media) is also creating evil in the world.

The world is becoming 1 sick sh,,t hole of a place, and i for 1 am will not be sorry to leave all this evil behind when i pass away.

I really do not think that the Internet created the "evil" in this story

You would have to be deranged , to do what he did .

He just used the Internet to broadcast his atrocious actions

He didnt do what he did , because of the Internet

Horrendous things have always existed , its just that its more accessible now

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The Facebook Live clip drew a lot of viewers and went viral, catching the attention of the mother who rushed to seek help from police, but it was too late.

That is an appalling way to learn about something like this.

As to the ghouls who helped this go viral...scum.

There's too much evil in this world that keeps hidden. People carry out certain horrible acts that often never reach the general public's knowledge. I personally think any social structures that encourage or enable crimes or offences against human nature to be publicised will help members of a society understand how and why people do certain things that are unacceptable. Many people have little opportunity to become aware of some of the ugliness of life.  It can be hard cor people - many live in a cocoon, separated from harsh realities - and lack the experience needed to deal with the world.  The more evil that is brought out into the open, the better our chances of finding practical, positive ways to resolve or prevent its re-occurrence. Sure, the incident portrayed here is tragic, but it's also part of life.  What steps can individuals take to prevent similar events in the future? 

14 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I really do not think that the Internet created the "evil" in this story

You would have to be deranged , to do what he did .

He just used the Internet to broadcast his atrocious actions

He didnt do what he did , because of the Internet

Horrendous things have always existed , its just that its more accessible now

Whether this horrendous act would have happened without the internet is speculative.  I agree that atrocious acts happen everyday that would occur without the internet.  However, one must question the motive of this deranged individual in using the internet. To me, it is obviously to inflict as much emotional damage on his wife and family members as possible.  The fact that his wife may have viewed this (or other family members for that matter) inflicts severe emotional trauma.  Whatever the motive, to take the life of an innocent 11-month old child and take a video of the murder is an act that is completely deranged and indicates an anger that defies any explanation.

Phuket man streams live video of his suicide and murder of his baby daughter

Phuket Gazette

pkt1.jpeg   

Wuttusan Wongtalay, 21, and his 11-month-old daughter Natalee Wongtalay, were found hanging from a 10-meter-high wall at Peninsula Hotel in Nai Harn. Photo: Winai Sarot

PHUKET: -- A young father and his 11-month-old baby were found hanging at an abandoned construction site for a hotel in an apparent murder-suicide in Nai Thon last night.

Thalang Police were contacted by 21-year-old Jiranuch Trirat earlier in the evening asking for help to find her husband and daughter, who had both disappeared from their house in Baan Mood Dok Khao.

Thalang Police then referred the case to Sakoo Police. 

“We found Wuttusan Wongtalay, 21, and his daughter Natalee Wongtalay, hanging from a 10-meter-high wall at [the partially completed construction for a] Peninsula Hotel,” said Capt Jullaus Suvannin of Sakoo Police.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Phuket-man-streams-live-video-his-suicide/66515?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-04-25

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Phuket man hangs 11-month-old daughter, self in double-homicide jealousy

Eakkapop Thongtub

1493092162_1-org.jpg

The 11-month-old babe 'Beta' looks up at her father d Wuttisan “Tei” Wongtalay, 20, moments before he hangs her. Image: Screengrab

PHUKET: -- A man hanged his 11-month-old daughter then himself in Sakoo, south of Phuket International Airport, late yesterday afternoon (April 24) in a video broadcast live on Facebook in what police believe was an act of jealousy.

The alarm was raised by Jiranuch “Bew” Trirat, 21, who called police at 6:30pm reporting that her boyfriend Wuttisan “Tei” Wongtalay, 20, had posted a Facebook Live video on his Facebook page.

The video showed him tying a rope around their daughter’s neck and lowering the infant over the edge of a building high up, with the sun shining into the camera.

“The video clip, which is about four minutes long, was posted at 5:45pm yesterday,” said Lt Col Sanit Nookhong to Thalang Police.

“In the video, Wuttisan shows a bottle of liquid, which we later confirmed was kratom drink. He gives the girl, Beta, a drink and has a drink too.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-man-hangs-11-month-old-daughter-self-in-double-homicide-jealousy-61907.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-04-25

Once a face is put to the name, it really strikes home. It brought tears to my face.

Why are we so cruel ?

Heartbreaking.

Amazing how some few insist on deflecting the issue from parental irresponsibility and neglect/abuse of their children, and perhaps the cultural and societal factors involved in this tragedy, to dim bickering over the supposed need for censorship.  It's no more about Facebook than it is about the availability of rope.

Get

A

Clue!!!

5 minutes ago, irwinfc said:

this kind of news is really tough to read.

zuckerberg should pull the plug on FB live. no good could ever come out of it. no censorship whatsoever.

Reality is. Shit happens. The internet is an effective way of distributing, both the best and the worst of news. It is not in itself evil. The honest portrayal of evil acts is an essential learning curve for most. Dealing with it is another matter. 

There is far more good than evil in the world, but even at a healthy ratio, it is shocking what people can do to each other and even to animals, in the name of desperation, pleasure, for food or whatever. We just need ways of understanding it and dealing with it, but censorship is not the answer. 

1 hour ago, thequietman said:

Once a face is put to the name, it really strikes home. It brought tears to my face.

Why are we so cruel ?

Heartbreaking.

Really would rather not see that photo. Brought tears to my eyes too. RIP little angel.