Summer heat to max out this week

webfact

Summer heat to max out this week
By The Nation

eddf1e3a1729ec8055646494b9cc130a.jpeg

Photo courtesy of the National Astronomical Research Institute of Thailand: The sun is reaching zenith position directly overhead on different days in different places in Thailand this month, shadows shrinking to minimum size.

BANGKOK: -- Friday and Saturday (April 28-29) will be the hottest days of the year in Thailand, with the temperature expected to reach 43 degrees Celsius in Mae Hong Son, Chiang Rai and Lampang, the Meteorological Department says.

Department director-general Wanchai Sakudomchai on Tuesday advised against going outdoors in the afternoon on those days because the extreme heat could cause harm.

The sun will be at its zenith in Bangkok on Thursday (April 27), Wanchai said, but summer storms in some areas are likely to keep the temperature lower that day in and around the capital compared to other provinces. 

The sun is at zenith at different times in different provinces this month and next, said Saran Poshyachinda, deputy director of the Science and Technology Ministry’s National Astronomical Research Institute of Thailand. 

It was directly overhead, at its highest position relative to Earth’s orbit, in Yala’s Betong district on April 5, Phuket on April 10 and Pattaya on April 24.

In Bangkok the sun will be at zenith, casting minimal shadows, at 12.16pm on Thursday. 

In Chiang Rai’s Mae Sai district the solar zenith occurs on May 19 at 12.17pm.

Saran pointed out that the sun at zenith does not necessarily mean the temperature will be at its highest. The heat level depends on other factors as well, such as rain, clouds, the monsoon’s influence and heat accumulated in the atmosphere. 

Countries in the subtropics like Thailand see the sun at or near zenith two days a year at most, Saran said. It will reach zenith again over Bangkok on August 16 at 12.24pm.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30313297

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-04-25

Why don't they refrain to report about the solar zenith and not write about 43 C while their weather forecasts shows "mild" temperatures of 35 C for the next days (example Chiang Rai).

And that is the reality at our place (central Isan) also. No scorching heat.

Do they have a template that they update yearly?

5 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Why don't they refrain to report about the solar zenith and not write about 43 C while their weather forecasts shows "mild" temperatures of 35 C for the next days (example Chiang Rai).

This is the little while lie that do here?  Saying it really isn't that hot gets people to believe it really isn't as hot? It is a mental thing with them, their government believe a little lie at times is good for the people?

5 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I don't get why they should refrain from reporting on the day of maximum insolation, but I agree it's foolish of them to try to predict the temperature. In fact, it will probably stay hot through the month of May, until the monsoon shifts to the Southeast again and we start the rainy season. I've noticed they are very bad at predicting temperatures even a day ahead. A couple of weeks ago the Thai Meteorological Dept. site was predicting temperatures of 36° for the next week for my area and it turned out to hit 40° every day. At least this article does mention, near the end, that many other factors than insolation affect temperature.

22 minutes ago, Acharn said:

I don't get why they should refrain from reporting on the day of maximum insolation, but I agree it's foolish of them to try to predict the temperature. In fact, it will probably stay hot through the month of May, until the monsoon shifts to the Southeast again and we start the rainy season. I've noticed they are very bad at predicting temperatures even a day ahead. A couple of weeks ago the Thai Meteorological Dept. site was predicting temperatures of 36° for the next week for my area and it turned out to hit 40° every day. At least this article does mention, near the end, that many other factors than insolation affect temperature.

It's the same when you google for weather websites , they are predicting between 35 and 38 for bangkok tomorrow.

And even at 38 like today this guy still wears a black long jeans and warm poloshirt.