Costly transfer blunders.

3 minus 2

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Xabi Alonso across 3 countries.

Claude Makelele across 2 countries

Both miles more effective than Veron who is widely regarded as an English football flop so therefore a transfer blunder.

AS i said veron was regarded as a flop by people who know nish about football.

7 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

We can only judge Veron on his performances we saw and he was bobbins.

No he wasnt bobbins, we wernt used to the idea of holding midfeilders not passing the half way line,  at the time  the english ideal midfeilder was all all action end to end heros and unless u fitted that bill the ' idiot' majority of football ranked him/ them  as rubbish.whereas in the reality they were very effective and hugely productive. The mind set  in accepting this rolein england  took ???years.

7 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

AS i said veron was regarded as a flop by people who know nish about football.

As I said; good work on the spelling but your on another planet where JV is concerned. I think he is actually the Flop that heralded stories by the press for super flops. Bit surprises actually as you know a little bit but with comments like that; not a lot. 

14 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

As I said; good work on the spelling but your on another planet where JV is concerned. I think he is actually the Flop that heralded stories by the press for super flops. Bit surprises actually as you know a little bit but with comments like that; not a lot. 

I Can still recall 5 live beratting veron actual words in an irishy brogue were something like 'i really dont understand him he just doesnt push up and get involved'  Veron was the first of  'new breed' of midfeilder and it took ?? years and probably a few winning trophies before english football took on board and appreciatied their effectivness. The herd backed by the media  just followed and TOTALLY dismissed him/veron, critising as att was easier and v much more accessible  than understanding this 'new' move in english football.

The italians had been using them  but english football hadnt moved on we were barely out of wing half's !!    they had been used effectively in italy since prior to 2 nd world war my mates grandad reputably being the first world class one ,, anyway veron was the cream of the crop and we just didnt appreciate him,, now we would then we didnt.

4 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

I Can still recall 5 live beratting veron actual words in an irishy brogue were something like 'i really dont understand him he just doesnt push up and get involved'  Veron was the first of  'new breed' of midfeilder and it took ?? years and probably a few winning trophies before english football took on board and appreciatied their effectivness. The herd backed by the media  just followed and TOTALLY dismissed him/veron, critising as att was easier and v much more accessible  than understanding this 'new' move in english football.

The italians had been using them  but english football hadnt moved on we were barely out of wing half's !!    they had been used effectively in italy since prior to 2 nd world war my mates grandad reputably being the first world class one ,, anyway veron was the cream of the crop and we just didnt appreciate him,, now we would then we didnt.

I think what you are attempting to say is Veron did not fit the English game back then and he was ahead of his time and nowadays he may have been more appreciated. Does not change the fact he was a costly blunder and he flopped though does it.

29 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I think what you are attempting to say is Veron did not fit the English game back then and he was ahead of his time and nowadays he may have been more appreciated. Does not change the fact he was a costly blunder and he flopped though does it.

No, he fitted and did exactly what managers ect ect wanted as was done to them many times on the european stage and Veron  did it extremelly well, just the media really didnt understand and constantly ran him down so likewise the fans followed.

3 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

No, he fitted and did exactly what managers ect ect wanted as was done to them many times on the european stage and Veron  did it extremelly well, just the media really didnt understand and constantly ran him down so likewise the fans followed.

So err why after only 2 seasons was he sold to Chelsea for a 13m loss and whilst at Chelsea he managed less than 15 games in 4 years and was loaned to Italy?  Press hound him out. Did the press force UTD to take such a loss too? He played a few good games he was a gifted player but your flogging a dead horse if you think he was not a flop. Anderson was a quality player too was he....

30 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

So err why after only 2 seasons was he sold to Chelsea for a 13m loss and whilst at Chelsea he managed less than 15 games in 4 years and was loaned to Italy?  Press hound him out. Did the press force UTD to take such a loss too? He played a few good games he was a gifted player but your flogging a dead horse if you think he was not a flop. Anderson was a quality player too was he....

When utd signed him he was arguably 'the best midfeilder in italy after two years in manchester from what i heard he'd had enuf of the english football added to bad weather he was done and chelsae being in mega bucks mega dic head mode ignored that bought him and even b4 he joined he wanted out of the uk, but the chavs were absolutely dumb arsed with money didnt give a flying fuc think he got a injury  and almost immediatlty went out loan hardly played for the chavs when he left theywent and bought the next best holder in makkalai and after a season or so and a few  cups he was appreciated but yeah all  did money on Veron  BUT he was absolutly 100% not a flop.misunderstood, hounded by <deleted> idiot fans  yes but flop absolutely not and should NEVER ever should be thought as such.

4 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

When utd signed him he was arguably 'the best midfeilder in italy after two years in manchester from what i heard he'd had enuf of the english football added to bad weather he was done and chelsae being in mega bucks mega dic head mode ignored that bought him and even b4 he joined he wanted out of the uk, but the chavs were absolutely dumb arsed with money didnt give a flying fuc think he got a injury  and almost immediatlty went out loan hardly played for the chavs when he left theywent and bought the next best holder in makkalai and after a season or so and a few  cups he was appreciated but yeah all  did money on Veron  BUT he was absolutly 100% not a flop.misunderstood, hounded by <deleted> idiot fans  yes but flop absolutely not and should NEVER ever should be thought as such.

Given your 1 man crusade on this matter I did read up on it today. Perhaps you should too as your wrong on most counts in regards to transfers and reasons why he left. Plenty of flops can be good in one league and awful in another and the man for his talent had a nightmare and flopped in the English league. AJ in 4 rounds btw.

45 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Given your 1 man crusade on this matter I did read up on it today. Perhaps you should too as your wrong on most counts in regards to transfers and reasons why he left. Plenty of flops can be good in one league and awful in another and the man for his talent had a nightmare and flopped in the English league. AJ in 4 rounds btw.

I Dont need to 'read up' up on it it's IMO.. and yeah at 10 he was beaten  i thought.heck of a fight..

4 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

When utd signed him he was arguably 'the best midfeilder in italy .........................hardly played for the chavs when he left theywent and bought the next best holder in makkalai

Ha ha . So when Veron left Chelsea, they went about bought Makelele ?

Veron : Chelsea 2003-2007

Makelele :Chelsea 2003=2008

But ultimatly its easier to agree to disagree and move one

Another HUGE cost and no return we havnt mentioned is the chavs buying torres  paying him LARGE for  how long was it 5 ? years they spent TOTAL package  70 mil.maybe more

12 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

But ultimatly its easier to agree to disagree and move one

Another HUGE cost and no return we havnt mentioned is the chavs buying torres  paying him LARGE for  how long was it 5 ? years they spent TOTAL package  70 mil.maybe more

This Torres goal to put Chelsea in the Champions league final and on to win it, paid for his transfer fee alone

1 minute ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Best u dig a little deeper.

There really is no need to, all your claims about Veron being the best in the world and UK fans just didnt appreciate him and UK football was nt progressive enough for him ,have been proven to be incorrect, because Makelele was playing in that position at the time at the same club

7 hours ago, sanemax said:

There really is no need to, all your claims about Veron being the best in the world and UK fans just didnt appreciate him and UK football was nt progressive enough for him ,have been proven to be incorrect, because Makelele was playing in that position at the time at the same club

In alex fegusons words about veron ' your all fuxxxing stupid he's a great player' And at chavs he had one injury hit season playing virtually no games  and then moved back to italy.

8 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

In alex fegusons words about veron ' your all fuxxxing stupid he's a great player' And at chavs he had one injury hit season playing virtually no games  and then moved back to italy.

So why did SAF sell Veron for half as much as Man U paid for him ?

SAF picks his own team, fans and pundits do not pick the team .

The general consensus that Veron could not adapt to the pace of the PL, he was better suited to the slower paced Italian league

25 minutes ago, sanemax said:

So why did SAF sell Veron for half as much as Man U paid for him ?

SAF picks his own team, fans and pundits do not pick the team .

The general consensus that Veron could not adapt to the pace of the PL, he was better suited to the slower paced Italian league

Fergus has stated since that outburst to the press that Veron was not up to the task and the rigours of EPL did not suit him. Loads of players are great for 2 seasons even 3 but he was not upto it prem wise hence he is a big flop for PL. 

37 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Yep.

A quote from Veron himself

“I liked the atmosphere in training and the lads were great, people like Ryan Giggs was kind to me. But I found the football hard to adjust to and there were so many games throughout the year.

“Games were intense for 90 minutes. In Italy, it was more tactical and about closing down the games. In England, the games were more open, the ball came back and forward. It was more physical too.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/juan-sebastian-veron-admits-he-should-have-stayed-at-manchester-united-and-not-joined-chelsea-a6991276.html

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Spelling and using Google not your strong points either you daft hat.

Page 1 result 1 of following search "juan sebastian veron flop"

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/2273160/fergie-veron-was-premiership-flop

Jeesus

Show me EXACTLY where ferguson said he was  'a flop'  ANSWER FERGUSON didnt actually say it did he.

Just now, 3 minus 2 said:

Show me EXACTLY where ferguson said he was  'a flop'  ANSWER FERGUSON didnt actually say it did he.

Look pal if you cannot read between the lines then that is your problem but here is a hint anyway. "Could not handle the rigours of EPL" the guy even said it himself I mean get a grip lad get over it. You can still keep the poster above your bed.

27 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

MOst players if asked would say that the prem would be dificult to adapt to kloppy has gone on record saying he's finding it dificult to adapt  let alone the players
And as for the move to the chavs,hardly surprising he didnt like it he barely played b4 he got what he originally wanted a move back to a warmer climate

7 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Look pal if you cannot read between the lines then that is your problem but here is a hint anyway. "Could not handle the rigours of EPL" the guy even said it himself I mean get a grip lad get over it. You can still keep the poster above your bed.

BUt you   said ferguson said he was a flop  he didnt  say that did he.

1 minute ago, 3 minus 2 said:

MOst players if asked would say that the prem would be dificult to adapt to kloppy has gone on record saying he's finding it dificult to adapt  let alone the players
And as for the move to the chavs,hardly surprising he didnt like it he barely played b4 he got what he originally wanted a move back to a warmer climate

1, how about we move on and you provide us 3 Flops in your opinion and lets get the ball rolling again?

Archived