Costly transfer blunders.

3 minus 2

Ferguson let pogba walk on a free transfer and utd then 2 years later utd signed him back for 90 million  making fergusons original act of letting him walk go down as the costliest  transfer blunder EVER

and just to compound it  UTD are favourites to resign, keane  another player they released   for a nominal sum and 2 years later trying to resign for somewhere between 10 and twenty times what they sold him for.!!!

On the face of it those original decisions to fail to resign pogba and release keane ,finacially are proving to be amongst the costist decisions EVER. However i suspect there are a few more around.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, champers said:

Lukaku might end up on the list if Chelsea buy him back for anything north of £50 million.

Chelsea sold him for 28 Million GBP , plus three years of wages Chelsea didnt have to pay him, the difference would not be huge , if they bought him back

Over at the council estate who are they still paying off ? I know Adeboy' s well off their books but he cost them a few bob, for the time a large original transfer,, then a HUGE long term contract most of which was paid for by them even when  he didnt play for them.

15 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Ferguson let pogba walk on a free transfer and utd then 2 years later utd signed him back for 90 million  making fergusons original act of letting him walk go down as the costliest  transfer blunder EVER

Man U didnt "let Pogba" walk, Man U offered him a new contract, which , he refused to sign and they he joinned another club of his own accccord

Man U tried to keep him. but he didnt want to stay

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Chelsea sold him for 28 Million GBP , plus three years of wages Chelsea didnt have to pay him, the difference would not be huge , if they bought him back

Yeah lukakua nice one, if everton hold out for the reported 75 mil could end up costing the chavs another, 50 mil ish  thats if you take into account what the chavs originally paid for him.

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Man U didnt "let Pogba" walk, Man U offered him a new contract, which , he refused to sign and they he joinned another club of his own accccord

Man U tried to keep him. but he didnt want to stay

Yeah and utd have NEVER offered players big enuf deals that stopped them walking. They f---cked up and its cost them enough to end manchesters homeless problem .

8 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Yeah and utd have NEVER offered players big enuf deals that stopped them walking. They f---cked up and its cost them enough to end manchesters homeless problem .

Pogba left Man U because of lack of first team games and no guarantee of being in the first 11

14 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Yeah lukakua nice one, if everton hold out for the reported 75 mil could end up costing the chavs another, 50 mil ish  thats if you take into account what the chavs originally paid for him.

You will have to wait until he actually moves to Chelsea and the fee is revealed, before you can accurately do your calculations

10 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You will have to wait until he actually moves to Chelsea and the fee is revealed, before you can accurately do your calculations

Note the words'reported' and 'if they' covered that i do believe and regards pogba virtually no player in the prem  is garunteed first team football. Pogba walked because man utd didnt try hard enuf to resign him and its proved to be a massive error and the proof?? its  cost them 90 mil.

Just now, 3 minus 2 said:

Note the words'reported' and 'if they' covered that i do believe and regards pogba virtually no player in the prem  is garunteed first team football. Pogba walked because man utd didnt try hard enuf to resign him and its proved to be a massive error and the proof?? its  cost them 90 mil.

Man U tried everything to get Pogba to sign a new contract , but he refused to do so. Maybe Man U could have offered him a huge salary . The error that Man U seemed to have done, is paying 90 M for him, Chelsea paid 30 M for Costa , sold Lukaku for 28 M .

Pogbas real worth is about 25 M

8 minutes ago, sharecropper said:

Three off the top of my head from Liverpool, in terms of overpaying and underpriced selling: Carroll, Benteke, Keane - probably many, many more.

OFf the top of my head didnt they drop 15 ish on carroll, but the others i dont think they lost that much. What was amazing was they decided carroll wasnt good enuf or his style  didnt suit them so what did they do,, go out and buy BENTEKE:shock1:

12 minutes ago, sharecropper said:

Three off the top of my head from Liverpool, in terms of overpaying and underpriced selling: Carroll, Benteke, Keane - probably many, many more.

There are more but you need to remove Benteke, he was sold for the same price he was bought for. 

Just now, 3 minus 2 said:

OFf the top of my head didnt they drop 15 ish on carroll, but the others i dont think they lost that much. What was amazing was they decided carroll wasnt good enuf or his style  didnt suit them so what did they do,, go out and buy BENTEKE:shock1:

Just now, sanemax said:

When you write "drop" . do you , meam "pay". if so, it was 35 M

he means resale loss 

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Man U tried everything to get Pogba to sign a new contract , but he refused to do so. Maybe Man U could have offered him a huge salary . The error that Man U seemed to have done, is paying 90 M for him, Chelsea paid 30 M for Costa , sold Lukaku for 28 M .

Pogbas real worth is about 25 M

The result of him walking suggests they didnt try hard enuf if they had REALLY wanted him As arguably the worlds wealthiest club  they could  have made it happen just the same as any other signing it dont just happen the club has to make it happen and man utd didnt make it happen

I don't know if you can call them costly transfer blunders, I guess you can but it's part of the business. I remember reading a statistic on %  big transfers that are actually successful and it was surprisingly low. I'll try and dig out the article. 

1 minute ago, BangrakBob said:

Dele Ali didn't cost Liverpool a cent, but that has to be one of the biggest transfer blunders. 

CAnt really count those but the best one i've heard was that flamengo refused to help pay ronaldinhos bus fare to training so he signed else where

8 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I don't know if you can call them costly transfer blunders, I guess you can but it's part of the business. I remember reading a statistic on %  big transfers that are actually successful and it was surprisingly low. I'll try and dig out the article. 

Football and its fans may deem to accept them as 'part of the business' but in the real world at best they would be classed as ridiculously stupid and at worst criminal

23 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

The result of him walking suggests they didnt try hard enuf if they had REALLY wanted him As arguably the worlds wealthiest club  they could  have made it happen just the same as any other signing it dont just happen the club has to make it happen and man utd didnt make it happen

Sir Alex Ferguson could have agreed to play Pogba every game and offered him a huge salary, but SAF didnt think that Pogba was worth that, so Pogba left Man U

SAF has proven to be correct , Pogba isnt that good

1 hour ago, sharecropper said:

Start posting again more often you blue whopper. Your nonsense is missed.

And you forgot Alberto Aquilani.

Pound for pound I always thought Shevchenko to Chelsea was the biggest transfer flop really.

Archived