Morgage For Thai Person Living In England

my wife is thai and we live in london england. we are going to thailand and hoping to buy a property in bangkok on a new development. does anyone know what the chances are of her getting a morgage from a bank in thailand. we own our own business in london and have all of the paper work and bank statements and wage slips for that business

any help would be appreciated

Hi Lovecam,

I'm in the similar situation as yours at the moment. I'm a dual Thai/British living in UK and planning to migrate to BKK soon, I was in BKK back in March and put down a deposit for a house there and saw the lending manager from one of the Thai bank who was at the site, they had a grand opening there and the lending manger was on site to gives decision on the lending matters. Because all my paperwork was back in London so I got an application form from him and I just submitted them to the bank this week. I phoned them up today and the sale staff got my application form with support docs and she'll forward it to him for his approval. When I spoke to this chap back in BKK he was most helpful and he said that he'd do everything he can to get my application approved, so I'll let you know sometimes next week if mine application is approved!.

Cheers,

footfidforfai

thanks for your reply

i was just wondering could i ask what documents they required you to have. also if it is approved do you have to go back to thailand again or can they just transfer the money to the company once the transfer document for the property is ready. may i ask we have heard about new properties in rangsit and a couple of others. do you know of any websites other than land and home that are of interest for new houses.

thanks

thanks for your reply

i was just wondering could i ask what documents they required you to have. also if it is approved do you have to go back to thailand again or can they just transfer the money to the company once the transfer document for the property is ready. may i ask we have heard about new properties in rangsit and a couple of others. do you know of any websites other than land and home that are of interest for new houses.

thanks

Show how your wife can pay any mortgage, and what assets she has in her own name to back her up.