What age gap is acceptable?

CG1 Blue

I am 68, and would not date any Thai lady younger than 45. Being as old as I am, women who are within 4 or 5 years of me are really unattractive, as you would imagine. I have seen ladies who are 50 that look like my grandmother. The good news is that I am not looking for a wife. Divorced 25 years ago, and I have never been happier. For the OP, do whatever is comfortable for both of you. Age is a gauge, and not by itself a determiner. 

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, sanemax said:

If you are broke with no income and your partner fully supports you, then you are an anomaly  

My wife does not support me, don't make assumptions.....So why do you think we have been together many years.....?

1 minute ago, likeke said:

I am 68, and would not date any Thai lady younger than 45. Being as old as I am, women who are within 4 or 5 years of me are really unattractive, as you would imagine. I have seen ladies who are 50 that look like my grandmother. The good news is that I am not looking for a wife. Divorced 25 years ago, and I have never been happier. For the OP, do whatever is comfortable for both of you. Age is a gauge, and not by itself a determiner. 

Mrs.Trans, heading for 50....:stoner:

15665513_1214662551953426_5989446486816175463_n.jpg.035f3c2788764783c107c3d9fcfe85f9.jpg

Each situation is individual and has its own merit... Age is just one factor of many and certainly not the overwhelming factor in success and health of a long term relationship.

Personally, I've always looked for someone of similar age, similar economic background, similar education levels....   from a personal perspective there is just more in common that way...

27 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The life style that most older felangs live in Thailand , 60 years old and the bodies almost looking forward to getting creamated

Not this farang looking fwd to another 30 +years

30 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The life style that most older felangs live in Thailand , 60 years old and the bodies almost looking forward to getting creamated

Ol' Trans at 66, now improved on that.....:stoner:........Don't make assumptions....

me.jpg.8cdd913532009b1779a2c8601427c477.jpg

I do not mean to speak derogatory about Thai Females

Its Human nature .

Males are attracted to younger attractive Females , who will be able to take care of any off spring better and for longer and will bare attractive children.

Females are attracted to wealthy Males who can financially provide for any off spring .

Human nature

7 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

The ones who are 20-25 years older than their wives, are we talking 65 year old man with 45 year old woman, or 40 year old with 20 year old?  I just can't imagine the latter scenario working out. I guess there are always exceptions though...

Many young Thai women want kids and nothing's more pathetic than watching a 65 year old farang man pushing a stroller.

1 minute ago, dageurreotype said:

Many young Thai women want kids and nothing's more pathetic than watching a 65 year old farang man pushing a stroller.

It would be better to see a young Thai guy pushing that stroller , but , that doesnt happen much

1 minute ago, dageurreotype said:

So if I push my grandchildren in a stroller you would walk behind thinking I was pathetic......?

3 minutes ago, dageurreotype said:

No that's your opinion I've seen plenty of 65+ men pushing prams or a stroller absolutely nothing wrong with it whatsoever. Just your thoughts I'm afaraid

37 minutes ago, dageurreotype said:

I have spent more time with my son in 8 years than I did with my father for my whole life and I am 72 years old now, and I now look after him alone 

Is it better to be married have a child then get divorced a few years later is that better for the child

I met & married my Thai wife in California. She recently turned 40 me 65. We were divorced in 2012. She always treated me like I was a predator. 

I find single women over 40 are single for a reason, (or many). When I got here I was with a 50 year old, I cannot learn Thai, she refused to try to learn English. But she took good care of me. Now Most of my friends (often fair weather friends) are under 35. My closest friends here He Americanized Chinese 50+, she Japanese/American mid 30's having their first child soon. A happy couple. My closest Thai friends here He 32 she 34, their son 11, she always has foreign bf, both always work hard. 

42 minutes ago, transam said:

So if I push my grandchildren in a stroller you would walk behind thinking I was pathetic......?

The conclusions and attitudes some people have are often much more pathetic than their attempted slur...

Really - an age gap isn't for me... Why? because my Wife is 3 years younger than I...  had she been much younger or older then perhaps an age gap is for me !!!... We each justify our actions, some back up those actions with overwhelming but often flawed opinions.... 

The colorful spectrum of life is just that... the differences help us appreciate what we have... I'm sure my Wife appreciates she is not with an overwhelmingly opinionated  idiot... (to avoid disappointment I won't ask her !)... 

Don't see a problem with an age gap. What is important is that an older guy does not deny children to a young woman,. Every woman should have the opportunity to have a child if she wants. I see a lot of examples where an older guy can't or won't accept a child. In my opinion that is selfish.

13 hours ago, manarak said:

Age is a factor, but then I can think of 15 or more other things that are more important than age...

Great answer PM this guy and get the 15. 

8 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

The ones who are 20-25 years older than their wives, are we talking 65 year old man with 45 year old woman, or 40 year old with 20 year old?  I just can't imagine the latter scenario working out. I guess there are always exceptions though...

Color me exception. 

57 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I do not mean to speak derogatory about Thai Females

Its Human nature .

Males are attracted to younger attractive Females , who will be able to take care of any off spring better and for longer and will bare attractive children.

Females are attracted to wealthy Males who can financially provide for any off spring .

Human nature

Agree in a way. We don't have any kids though. Neither of us wanted children at any time. Both worked, I'm retired, my wife has always worked for multi-nationals so money in the bank

Her next contract will probably be the last one then we can travel a bit more.No need to worry about school fees and all the other costs you get with kids. 

4 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I'm a sprightly 56 and my wife is 27, and it is working well for us and our 2 year old son.

Same here. 63 years old and wife 31. Been married 8 years with 2 young children. 

Couldn't ask for a better wife and kiddies couldn't ask for a better mother.

Saying that, I did have a few relationships previously with girls at lot younger than me which didn't have a hope in he'll of working.

Age dosent matter. The hardest thing is find the right one. That goes for both sides. 

12 hours ago, Farang hunter said:

young girls would not ever understand you unless you pour money on them till they grow up and become ladies.

ALL women understand you better as they have your money to spend.Men can be classified as "Walking Wallets". As for the age gap my last wife was 20 years younger and after the divorce we are still great friends.My present girl (15 years together) is 29 years younger.and I am still chasing new ones (a little slower now though) at the age of 79.

Yes there are many young ladies here and I have been at my advanced age fortunate to live with one some 6 years now. The age gap has cancelled any marriage plans and there would be no benefits attached to this little piece of paper. Because of my advanced age and experiences with women I have been able to pick up the little casual things that sometimes go unnoticed when seeking a mate. A lot of men will overlook these little signs signals of danger because of the "heat" of the moment. Also once you get burned a couple times here you soon learn and get back on track. A good young one is a rare commodity here. Youse pays your money youse takes your chances.

2 minutes ago, sanukjim said:

ALL women understand you better as they have your money to spend.Men can be classified as "Walking Wallets". As for the age gap my last wife was 20 years younger and after the divorce we are still great friends.My present girl (15 years together) is 29 years younger.and I am still chasing new ones (a little slower now though) at the age of 79.

You dog you. 

Hey guys I am 64 and my wife of 10 years is 38 Big difference but for some reason for us it means nothing

The age gap is artificial It is societal and depends on the individuals Having said that at the age of 54 I would not have dated and married  a woman of 20 as they are not settled in their ways yet

A woman of 26 upwards is more settled  and one in their 30s understands what life is or at least should

Bottom line is go where your heart leads you  I for one would never be with a woman in their 50s or older Reason is simple I think and feel young and do not want a granny to keep me company  Its that simple  

Archived