What age gap is acceptable?

CG1 Blue

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

As long as both parties are of legal tender it is none of my bussiness what their age gap is.

For me I'am 14 years older than my wife and 22 years older than my girlfriend.

Legal Tender ?... you mean legal age ???  Freudian slip using the word 'tender' ???

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Legal Tender ?... you mean legal age ???  Freudian slip using the word 'tender' ???

Well you obviously understood what I wrote so the decision is yours.

11 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I like that router you got there Trans and your Mrs ain't half bad either.

My standby router.....As for Mrs.Trans....Ever day makes me smile, every day when l sing she smiles....Nooo, she laughs............:sad:

There's no official number, as long as you're not trying to date your granddaughter.

IMO, age/2 + 7 is good here too. The only thing Thais despise is seeing old men (60+) with girls who look under 25. As long as you're happy and share values, go loweer but not too low.

Remember, men age like wine, women age like milk.

"...and for two the chances of her quickly losing interest and 'playing around' would be sky high."

And in the broader picture plenty of examples of farang men playing around before and after actual marriage and regardless of age of the partner. 

2 hours ago, JimCrane said:

im 47 and i feel uncomfortable being out in public with a girl younger then around 27-ish.

i dated a girl of 23 when i was 43 and it felt strange in public and we  eventually broke it off for this reason.

Some guys say this age gap makes them feel younger, for me it made me feel older.

This was in the USA though. She said it turned her on, but i could not get over it.

Cant see myself getting anyone younger then late 20's now, even in thailand, so need not worry about it. i think nature steps in eventually and creeps things out if the gap becomes too big.

Dating a 23 year old made the 43 year old you feel uncomfortable, so you employ simple arithmetic to keep that minimum age gap valid regardless. Arithmetic trumps rationale I guess.

I had much younger girlfriends when I worked in the US and it could be a bit of a rollercoaster ride but loads of fun. Nothing quite like going ice skating at the Galleria after church on Sundays with a young, black stripper who forgot to put her underwear back on... but I digress. The white southern baptists would hate it but I have absolutely no regrets that quite a few younger women liked us older guys.

2 minutes ago, Farang hunter said:

my problem with Thai girls in general is language barrier, most are great in sex though.   so, I am not having steady partner till I find a girl who completely understands what I say and I understand her when she speaks without using google translate.

Are you meeting that statement half way and learning Thai? Or is it 100%on the girl to learn English?

4 minutes ago, Farang hunter said:

my problem with Thai girls in general is language barrier, most are great in sex though.   so, I am not having steady partner till I find a girl who completely understands what I say and I understand her when she speaks without using google translate.

Fink you should stick to Essex.....:thumbsup:

I am reading your post using Google translate.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

No that's your opinion I've seen plenty of 65+ men pushing prams or a stroller absolutely nothing wrong with it whatsoever. Just your thoughts I'm afaraid

I reckon the reason behind the thinking is the difference in concept between UK/USA and Asia. 

Home countries you see a guy in his 60's pushing a kid in a pram the natural assumption is 'must be his grandchild'.

Asia, and in particular Pattaya, the natural assumption is 'silly old ex-pat with young wife and kid'.

In each case the assumption could be wrong, but, in Pattaya it is more likely to be correct.

my girl is a year old than me but she is very cheap to run along with our 2 kids. who cares what other people think? several people questioned me living in thailand starting a family with an older girl.  i am sureit is important to find a girl who genuinely wants to stop whoring herself and who realizes she is too old to get a thai boyfriend. 

It depends what you're looking for. 

If you want true love the western style (not sure if Thailand should be mentioned) , then find someone your own age , and you can grow old together and die together like a real love couple. 

If you're looking for someone to take care of you and give you  what a man needs , go for a young Thai girl and hope for the best.  If she gets too greedy change her with a new one and keep dreaming. 

8 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

The ones who are 20-25 years older than their wives, are we talking 65 year old man with 45 year old woman, or 40 year old with 20 year old?  I just can't imagine the latter scenario working out. I guess there are always exceptions though...

Yes, the first one.  Agreed, if I were single again, I would probably have some fun for a while but damn sure wouldn't want to start all over again with a 20 something y/o wife.  Building and feathering the nest, dealing with her reproductive instincts and fairy tale "dreams".  Fk that!  Women closer to my age are, hopefully, a bit more settled and realistic.

Having said that, I just watched a newish relationship get terminated by the farang.  He was early 60s, recently retired, had some coins in the bank, pension, wasn't a boozer or a slob, seemed like a good, reasonable dude looking for a partner to share travel and the silver years with.     She's early/mid-40s, had been married to a Thai before, 2 late teen/early 20s kids, has her own house, SUV, running two shops....  I would of thought she was a reasonable prospect as well. 

When he came over here for an extended visit, he didn't last long - good for him too!    Afterward, heard she'd been peppering him with the standard list of demands.  House, car and fer fuke's sake, KIDS!    About 2 weeks after he hit the eject button, never to return, heard she had a new internet farang dangling on the hook.  I get it, she's in a race against time but whoever coached her on the first farang must have given her the hot 20 year old's checklist of demands instead of the much shorter one for the 40 and over group.  Ooops!  :laugh:

I was 55 when I met my wife here in LOS.  My "rules" were 3:

Not younger than 35, my wife was 37.

No kids (broke that rule)

Able to support herself with a "normal" job. OK there too.

That was just the initial starting point obviously.

We had our 6th anniversary last week. Both of us still happy together.

At 55 I considered anyone less than 35 may be too young emotionally and might be risky as I got older. 

Even with the above, I'm not sure it's a solid approach. Maybe I was just lucky?

1 minute ago, balo said:

It depends what you're looking for. 

If you want true love the western style (not sure if Thailand should be mentioned) , then find someone your own age , and you can grow old together and die together like a real love couple. 

I

So why is there a huge divorce rate with your farang based assumption...?

1 hour ago, SiamBeast said:

There's no official number, as long as you're not trying to date your granddaughter.

IMO, age/2 + 7 is good here too. The only thing Thais despise is seeing old men (60+) with girls who look under 25. As long as you're happy and share values, go loweer but not too low.

Remember, men age like wine, women age like milk.

And what the hell has it got to do with a Thai persons opinion or anyone else's for that matter? 

8 minutes ago, transam said:

So why is there a huge divorce rate with your farang based assumption...?

Perhaps you're right - marriages based on a huge difference between their monetary/educational/intelligence level (and/or in the previous list) are the better option.  With a bit of luck they'll be happy and loyal enough to stick with you.

BUT, as you rightly point out, even marriages based on love (plus the above obvious similarity measures) frequently fail in the West.

33 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

my girl is a year old than me but she is very cheap to run along with our 2 kids. who cares what other people think? several people questioned me living in thailand starting a family with an older girl.  i am sureit is important to find a girl who genuinely wants to stop whoring herself and who realizes she is too old to get a thai boyfriend. 

My Mazda BT50 is cheap to run as as well.

59 minutes ago, Farang hunter said:

Good luck with that.  I don't seem to understand what women say, even when they're from my hometown.

Closer to home (well, at least closer to the OP) I recently had to stop texting a lady here in BKK because I never got an accurate meaning of her texts.  Without the facial expressions and an opportunity to ask questions, there were just too many misunderstandings when I replied to what I thought she meant.  Problem is, even a simple conversation requires a lot of energy.

Archived