New requirements for retirement extension in C M?

thaibeachlovers

I just read a thread on the Samui forum that said they have to produce a house blue book and a medical certificate from a government hospital to get a retirement extension. Has that been brought in at Promenada?

It sounded more like a marriage extension than a retirement extension from the things they had to do, like the cops visiting their accomodation and taking photos etc.

I will be trying for a retirement extension from Promenada in about 2 months, but I was going to stay in an hotel in C M as will be travelling on to Europe for a while after getting the extension. Is that not a starter, and should I be staying in a condo or similar?

Thanks.

The medical certificate for a retirement extension is something that Samui has been doing for a long time.  So far, Chiang Mai hasn't required this.  The gov't hospitals here a quite busy, I doubt it will become a requirement.

As for the requirement of a house book, CM Immigration often wants to see evidence that there is a TM30 on file for you.  You should be OK staying in a guest house, provided they submit a TM30 for you when you register.  As them to provide you with evidence that they've done this, like a screen shot of the data they've input for you or a copy of the report they submitted if they aren't doing it on-line.

1 hour ago, TheFishman1 said:

Everything in CM stay the same 

Worst immigration in Thailand I believe.

Left 5 yrs ago but not after confronting Head of Immigration & respectfully pointing out that animals were treated better than Farangs & shouldn't he do something about the disgraceful,squalid conditions not to mention the inefficiency & time it took & he actually nodded & changed the rubbish ticket system slightly but still an appalling,disgusting inhumane place more akin to a prison !

I also tried to complain to British Consulate in CM but I was told not his area-useless man -classic inept diplomat.

In Phuket, they asked for copy of credit/debit card and picture of the house/residence for Retirement extension. They do let you bring house picture (also show an example of desired format) the next day when collecting your passport

35 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

OP,

If what you are inquiring about were happening in CM, it would be documented in several threads on this forum already.

I did state it was 5 yrs ago now . Hopefully things have changed would be interested in responses.

2 hours ago, Lone Ranger said:

Left 5 yrs ago but not after confronting Head of Immigration & respectfully pointing out that animals were treated better than Farangs & shouldn't he do something about the disgraceful,squalid conditions not to mention the inefficiency & time it took & he actually nodded & changed the rubbish ticket system slightly but still an appalling,disgusting inhumane place more akin to a prison !

I also tried to complain to British Consulate in CM but I was told not his area-useless man -classic inept diplomat.

I'm not sure what the Immigration conditions here in CM 5 years ago has any bearing on the question asked; beside, in my opinion, your description of what was happening here 5 years ago isn't at all what it was like here.  We had the online queue then and that was relatively easy to use and set up an appointment.  And we didn't have a load of people going to Immigration at 3-4-5AM in hopes of getting a daily queue ticket.  The old office was surely cramped but there were less complaints then.  Finally, your comment calling Immigration (5 years ago) "an appalling,disgusting inhumane place more akin to a prison!" is beyond the pale, incorrect, and silly beyond rational belief.  

As to the OP's question, nothing's changed here in CM with regards to annual extensions based on retirement.  Same as before (I just got my annual extension based on retirement 5 days ago and it was the same old requirements).

3 hours ago, Lone Ranger said:

...have you tried Grumpy-land.

52 minutes ago, CMBob said:

I'm not sure what the Immigration conditions here in CM 5 years ago has any bearing on the question asked; beside, in my opinion, your description of what was happening here 5 years ago isn't at all what it was like here.  We had the online queue then and that was relatively easy to use and set up an appointment.  And we didn't have a load of people going to Immigration at 3-4-5AM in hopes of getting a daily queue ticket.  The old office was surely cramped but there were less complaints then.  Finally, your comment calling Immigration (5 years ago) "an appalling,disgusting inhumane place more akin to a prison!" is beyond the pale, incorrect, and silly beyond rational belief.  

As to the OP's question, nothing's changed here in CM with regards to annual extensions based on retirement.  Same as before (I just got my annual extension based on retirement 5 days ago and it was the same old requirements).

Well, to be fair, the cappuccino was only ok.

4 hours ago, Lone Ranger said:

Rubbish. Never a single problem there in 10 years. People are all very nice, system is very efficient. "Disgraceful, squalid conditions - inhumane place more akin to a prison"??? What on earth are you on about?

3 minutes ago, elektrified said:

Rubbish. Never a single problem there in 10 years. People are all very nice, system is very efficient. "Disgraceful, squalid conditions - inhumane place more akin to a prison"??? What on earth are you on about?

Again just my opinion which I am entitled to express .Hope it's changed for the better.

5 minutes ago, Lone Ranger said:

Again just my opinion which I am entitled to express .Hope it's changed for the better.

Well - Silver was 17+ hands....He was a high horse....

45 minutes ago, elektrified said:

system is very efficient

When I read that comment regarding CM Immigration "system is very efficient" I assumed I had jumped to the Joke section by accident!

Efficiency and the CM Immigration Dept is a classic oxymoron!

That comment must be a contender for the most asinine comment ever on the subject of CM Immigration and a contender for joke of the year.

22 hours ago, NancyL said:

The medical certificate for a retirement extension is something that Samui has been doing for a long time.  So far, Chiang Mai hasn't required this.  The gov't hospitals here a quite busy, I doubt it will become a requirement.

As for the requirement of a house book, CM Immigration often wants to see evidence that there is a TM30 on file for you.  You should be OK staying in a guest house, provided they submit a TM30 for you when you register.  As them to provide you with evidence that they've done this, like a screen shot of the data they've input for you or a copy of the report they submitted if they aren't doing it on-line.

The place I will be staying in does it on line. When I did my 90 day I just took a letter from the receptionist. Not sure they'd be happy having to front up at immigration with the blue book like they are demanding in Samui.

Anyway, sounds like Samui has lost the plot and C M not.

Thanks for all the reassuring replies.

5 hours ago, Lone Ranger said:

Can't remember exactly when Imm. moved to Promenada, but squalid and disgusting it isn't.

1 hour ago, scottiejohn said:

When I read that comment regarding CM Immigration "system is very efficient" I assumed I had jumped to the Joke section by accident!

That comment must be a contender for the most asinine comment ever on the subject of CM Immigration and a contender for joke of the year.

Absolutely! 

4 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Perhaps he is a Chiang Mai Immigration official?

6 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Very efficient FOR ME. NEVER a single problem in 10 years.

10 hours ago, elektrified said:

Very efficient FOR ME. NEVER a single problem in 10 years.

Just because you have never had a problem with the Imm Dept does not make them efficient!

For example; If they were efficient you would be able to get a Certificate of Residence at any time the Department is open, not have to turn up at very restricted hours one day and go back a number of days later to get a piece of paper out of a computer.

If they were efficient a large number of the threads on the CM Forum would never have been needed.

They may not make a mistake and thus cause you a problem but efficient they are NOT.

Edited by scottiejohn

Just renewed today + a multiple re-entry.....

I didn't notice anything different from prior years - no requests for any additional information other than the regular stuff...

Smooth sailing....