New requirements for retirement extension in C M?

thaibeachlovers

18 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

Just renewed today + a multiple re-entry.....

I didn't notice anything different from prior years - no requests for any additional information other than the regular stuff...

Smooth sailing....

They now have 2 new workers 1 Female Captain the other a female helper

I have heard that there is also a new officer in charge of Chiang Mai Immigration

As there has been quite a few changes after all the Huff and Puff over the last 12 months

So hopefully from now on will get better

Will be more efficient when the new offices built and all the New system working

That will take time

24 minutes ago, Lizard2010 said:

They now have 2 new workers 1 Female Captain the other a female helper

I have heard that there is also a new officer in charge of Chiang Mai Immigration

As there has been quite a few changes after all the Huff and Puff over the last 12 months

So hopefully from now on will get better

Will be more efficient when the new offices built and all the New system working

That will take time

Seems as though everything is on tap in their systems now.....They're consulting & updating via computer & all those ponderous books are no longer around.....

Still rubber stamp city though...

On 5/1/2017 at 0:19 PM, Lone Ranger said:

Worst immigration in Thailand I believe.

Left 5 yrs ago but not after confronting Head of Immigration & respectfully pointing out that animals were treated better than Farangs & shouldn't he do something about the disgraceful,squalid conditions not to mention the inefficiency & time it took & he actually nodded & changed the rubbish ticket system slightly but still an appalling,disgusting inhumane place more akin to a prison !

I also tried to complain to British Consulate in CM but I was told not his area-useless man -classic inept diplomat.

On 4/30/2017 at 8:22 PM, worgeordie said:

Just there to do extension last Thursday, no need for medical certificate or blue book,

everything was the same as last year,only quicker.

regards worgeordie

Quicker only with the brown envelope in my experience?

1 minute ago, StevieAus said:

Quicker only with the brown envelope in my experience?

Not at all,they have a "Boss" there that can sign off on the extensions quickly,

instead of before when they had to send the passports to airport immigration

so boss there could sign and bring them back to promenade,thats a great

improvement.

regards worgeordie

On 5/1/2017 at 0:19 PM, Lone Ranger said:

Worst immigration in Thailand I believe.

Left 5 yrs ago but not after confronting Head of Immigration & respectfully pointing out that animals were treated better than Farangs & shouldn't he do something about the disgraceful,squalid conditions not to mention the inefficiency & time it took & he actually nodded & changed the rubbish ticket system slightly but still an appalling,disgusting inhumane place more akin to a prison !

I also tried to complain to British Consulate in CM but I was told not his area-useless man -classic inept diplomat.

Unfortunately you are somewhat out of date they are now located on the lower level of a shopping center Promenade far from squalid

In regards to complaining to the British Consulate in Chiang Mai which is only an Honorary position again I think you are somewhat out of date Britain ceased to rule the world many years ago

Britain has no jurisdiction over Thai Immigration procedures just as Thailand has no jurisdiction over British immigration procedures the same applies worldwide