Cleaning Ladies inside the bathroom

MrNeilThai

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, smotherb said:

You need to travel more; Thailand is not the only place where attendants clean while you dirty. In some places an attendant will come up and massage your back while you're at the urinal.

Many years ago in Bangkok, I had both hands bandaged from a motorcycle accident; the nice lady attendant helped me use the toilet.

I think you need to open your horizons.

Happened to me too, only I was drunk like a skunk.

I needed both hands to keep me upright and the Lady got hold of my, you know what, and steered the stream in the bowl.:cheesy:

It's OK with me but:

I am afraid I will forget the difference with the States and pee while the lady is cleaning the Target men's room and get arrested.

I do have a hard time in a bar with the girls chattering in the men's. Or with the guy standing there watching so you give him a tip for dabbing your package.

Don't know why the OP apparently thinks it is demeaning to the women. It's a natural human function to pee. They most likely come from a poor family where there is little privacy and no one cares who sees what.

I always feel that they are doing a low-paid job because they need the money and I feel sorry for their lot in life and always treat them with respect. They deserve it because they are no better nor worse than the rich woman, just poorer. All will eventually die the same, both men and women and there is ultimately no difference so why should I look down on them?

Likewise, someone has to clean the toilets, and everyone has to use them, I think they are quite brave to undertake the job, I have no doubt some men would be rude to them but that is unacceptable, you are richer than I, but money does not make you more valuable, just richer.

Actually, it is a much sought after position ans some ladies are on the waiting list for years. Others actually pay their employers for the privilege of seeing our wedding tackle.

From what I've seen the ladies are always very discreet when they see a farang come in and wander out of the area. I refer to Tesco, Big C, the shopping malls  etc. Even the petrol station/rest areas that have cleaners have discreet ones. Certainly none hang around to inspect customers genitalia and why would they?

Just now, cliveshep said:

From what I've seen the ladies are always very discreet when they see a farang come in and wander out of the area. I refer to Tesco, Big C, the shopping malls  etc. Even the petrol station/rest areas that have cleaners have discreet ones. Certainly none hang around to inspect customers genitalia and why would they?

If one works with chicken, one loses one's appetite for it after a while.

Shocked for the first time but now used to it and don't care.
Normally they are very discrete and just do their job.
Toilets are usually spotless because of their duties.
Same with massage at certain toilets but I knew that before from the internet.

Really!!! And this concerns you? So who potty trained you? Who took you to the toilet when your Mama was dragging you around doing her shopping?? In this day and age you're trying to lead us to believe that this is a no go area??? Please take a chill pill and relax. When the cleaning lady says can I help you get your willy out then come back and open a realistic debate! LOL!!

9 minutes ago, Alphy said:

When the cleaning lady says can I help you get your willy out then come back and open a realistic debate! LOL!!

Hmmm, I've been in some bars where ...

On 5/1/2017 at 7:00 PM, Berkshire said:

The OP's observations are a classic example of western sensitivities and his own ethnocentrism.  When I first got here, I thought it a bit odd as you wouldn't see such in thing in the USA.  But it never bothered me much and today, it's such a non-issue that I can't believe anyone would be bothered.  These women are just cleaning the restroom, not sizing you up.  The OP's got a little paranoia thing going on.

Have you even been to the USA ? Female cleaners in male bathrooms is not unusual. 

7 minutes ago, Time Traveller said:

Have you even been to the USA ? Female cleaners in male bathrooms is not unusual. 

I've lived in the USA most of my life, didn't see them.  Either times have changed or it's something I honestly never noticed.

On 5/2/2017 at 6:44 AM, Crossy said:

Not unique to Thailand, much of Asia is the same. I've not been everywhere but Korea, Hong Kong same, same, not so sure about Singapore and Malaysia (it was a while back).

My first experience was in Korea back in the mid 90's. Yes it was a bit of a shock to find the cleaner mopping around your feet whilst taking a pee but not nearly as big as the shock of a guy giving you a neck rub in the same location (Philippines) not to mention the unisex lav in the Seoul Pub (not changed since 1995, I was there last year).

I always have a smile for the cleaners, they do a thankless task.

Indeed Crossy. My first experience of this was at Zurich Airport in about 1989.

2 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

I've lived in the USA most of my life, didn't see them.  Either times have changed or it's something I honestly never noticed.

Maybe Las Vegas is not the same as "the USA", but the cleaners that I've seen, I would describe as immigrants. Perhaps they are more concerned about doing their work than worried about any personal discomfort.

On 5/2/2017 at 6:44 AM, Crossy said:

Not unique to Thailand, much of Asia is the same. I've not been everywhere but Korea, Hong Kong same, same, not so sure about Singapore and Malaysia (it was a while back).

My first experience was in Korea back in the mid 90's. Yes it was a bit of a shock to find the cleaner mopping around your feet whilst taking a pee but not nearly as big as the shock of a guy giving you a neck rub in the same location (Philippines) not to mention the unisex lav in the Seoul Pub (not changed since 1995, I was there last year).

I always have a smile for the cleaners, they do a thankless task.

'... not nearly as big as the shock of a guy giving you a neck rub in the same location (Philippines) ...' And in LoS. Makes it awfully difficult to pee in a straight line.

On 5/2/2017 at 9:00 AM, Berkshire said:

The OP's observations are a classic example of western sensitivities and his own ethnocentrism.  When I first got here, I thought it a bit odd as you wouldn't see such in thing in the USA.  But it never bothered me much and today, it's such a non-issue that I can't believe anyone would be bothered.  These women are just cleaning the restroom, not sizing you up.  The OP's got a little paranoia thing going on.

The OP is asking a reasonable question for someone seeing this for the first time.  It's hardly "ethnocentrism" nor paranoia.  Your reaction to his post is what's a little OTT.  Relax.

It's no big deal. Get used to it. In Japan I stood urinating into a wall mounted unit while two units along a woman was on her knees cleaning it. In one hand she held a mirror on a stick, while scrubbing under the unit with the other hand. Incredible but true.
She was nicely dressed and made up, and the whole place was totally clean.
The Japs are way ahead of anywhere else in Asia (and most of the rest of the world for that matter).

First encountered this in France many years ago. It happens in quite a few European countries. Nothing to get into a tizz about.

It's usually Americans, with their more puritanical attitude to life that seem to get a bit uptight about this.

First encountered this in France many years ago. It happens in quite a few European countries. Nothing to get into a tizz about.

It's usually Americans, with their more puritanical attitude to life that seem to get a bit uptight about this.

I totally agree with your 2nd paragraph. I can''t comment on your 1st. I am sooo glad that I am not back in the US and that is one of the reasons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Two additional scenarios I've seen in Thailand:

a) At water parks/swimming pools mothers would stride into men's locker/changing room with their little boys and help them in bathing/changing matter just as they would normally do at home. Nobody screams...(personally I find this rather endearing, "Mama's love!"). I can't tell whether the opposite also happens? (Fathers stride into women's locker...)

b  ) this is more in the "Is that a gun in your pocket?" category. At my local BigC, there is the security personnel at the entrance and exit after payment. One senior lady posted at the exit, one of her jobs is to make sure that the general staff (usually one generation younger) would not sneak out store items when they leave the store on their break. Her expedient method is what I would call light groping over their body - from chest to groin areas - on both male and female. Nobody screams either....

Edited by smo

35 minutes ago, smo said:

Two additional scenarios I've seen in Thailand:

a) At water parks/swimming pools mothers would stride into men's locker/changing room with their little boys and help them in bathing/changing matter just as they would normally do at home. Nobody screams...(personally I find this rather endearing, "Mama's love!"). I can't tell whether the opposite also happens? (Fathers stride into women's locker...)

Usually in the U.S. I'd find women tend to bring small boys into the women's bathroom/locker room instead (don't think there's much of little girls in the men's with their fathers, though).

Edited by Katia

Has to be better than the state of toilets in London's railway stations where you have to pay for the privilege of seeing attendants lounging around in their refuge and the toilets filthy. (Some time ago)

On 5/2/2017 at 1:22 PM, Suradit69 said:

Obviously you haven't traveled much.  There are even places in farangland where you can pee on the street with crowds passing by. I'm assuming you're from somewhere like Utah or North Dakota??

pissoir.jpg.4d1f4ac122c81e2ba936e0d9d37f6ced.jpg

There are instances of Americans stopping to relieve themselves along the side of the road and then being arrested, charged, and convicted of a 'sex related crime.'  
With all of Thailand's own issues, one of the reason's I choose to live here is because it has yet to embrace that level of abject regulatory stupidity.  

On 5/2/2017 at 1:25 PM, Suradit69 said:

" I've never been hung-up"

Pun intended ??

It really comes down to a question of "does size matter" and the fear of hearing the restroom attendant chuckling.

My guess is that those men who are worried about the size of their penis' may also be some of the most vocal about disliking women cleaning attendants wandering around the restroom while they're 'exposed' and 'vulnerable.'   For guys like that I have one suggestion.  Watch your Thai counter-parts and act like them - pick the urinal in the farest corner of the restroom, turn your body at a 45 degree angle toward the wall, and cram as much of your lower torso into the urinal as you can.  Or - find a good psychiatrist and work with the doctor to find a way past your phobia and discomfort.  Or return to the comfort of your home country's regulatory paradises.