Thailand expects 1.8 trillion baht from tourism revenues in 2017

Thailand expects 1.8 trillion baht from tourism revenues in 2017

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi37TtFXMiqQmCv5CAGMyzGazF

BANGKOK: -- Thailand is expected to earn tourism revenues up to 1.8 trillion baht this year, according to the Tourism Council of Thailand (TCT).

TCT president Ittirit Kinglek said the high 1.8 trillion baht tourism revenues were expected from foreign tourists visiting the country whose number is expected to increase 3.7% from last year.

He said that high season at the end of this year will see over eight million more tourists coming to Thailand.

He also commented that the current growing tension in the Korean Peninsula would have no impact on the country’s tourism industry.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thailand-expects-1-8-trillion-baht-tourism-revenues-2017/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-05-02

So, 1.8 trillion baht will be welcomed but what about the tourists themselves? It would be good PR to suggest that the tourists will be welcomed with open arms and great hospitality in a safe environment which will produce a 1welcome 1.8 trillion baht boost to the Thai economy and that in view of the expected numbers, a percentage of the expected income will be spent on improvements to infrastructure and safety.

9 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

Teflon Thailand.

Most Thai's, Mrs kaen included, dont know where, or care where NK is. Let alone anything about a nuclear war. When i tried to explain to here that we were only some 2000 odd miles away, she said "what happen, happen"All she knows about Donald Trump is that his wife "looks sexy lady, even if she is old"

Those statistics are remarkably imprecise for an official pronouncement about tourism revenues!

What's more, if Korea does kick off, nuclear or otherwise, I would suggest that it will have a very significant effect upon tourism in all of South East Asia.

Once again a perfect example where someone's greed is bigger than his brains. Seems to be a Thai speciality, oftentimes served when the situation could go cold - or nuclear.

On 5/2/2017 at 10:34 AM, webfact said:

He also commented that the current growing tension in the Korean Peninsula would have no impact on the country’s tourism industry.

Wonder how he worked that gem out. Though I suppose he is right, in that it won't improve it. I wonder whether the TAT's and the TCT's figures agree?