Panic on Suvarnabhumi flight as Swedish man says: "I've got a bomb!"

webfact

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Those crazy Swede's huh.

I would like to point out that Sweden is currently passing out citizenships like confetti in a Italian wedding to individuals that origins from parts of the world where having a bomb is like having a pack of smokes...so, yeah, those crazy Swedes. 

Seen quite a few in Thailand, will be interesting to learn his name. And I just learned it, was posted while I was writing.

Edited by currynamnam
Other post

3 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Damn, what was is in this drink? :tongue:

swede.jpg

From a Thai language source (amarin.tv, www.amarintv.com/news/news-216/32720/).

Well, at least he has the good grace to appear to be chastened and hugely embarrassed if not mortified. Give him (a little) credit for that.

18 hours ago, Muggi1968 said:

I think  the lesson is not to serve alcohol in airports...

No not misunderstand me....

I love beer but some
can not not control it

Actually, I tend to agree with you, but would add that all alcohol on flights, regardless of duration, be banned also.   And no drinking out of your own brown bag either.

3 hours ago, Toshiba66 said:

The plane and all luggage in the hold was thoroughly searched and passengers were also searched in accordance with "Order 9" of the airport's emergency procedures. EOD bomb disposal units were deployed.

The emergency was declared over at 5.50pm and the flight left for Samui at 6.30pm.

40 minutes to do all that? I most seriously doubt that one.

Flight PG 145 due to depart for Samui at 1.45pm till 5.50 PM is 4 hours 5 min !!!!!!

1 minute ago, WhizBang said:

Actually, I tend to agree with you, but would add that all alcohol on flights, regardless of duration, be banned also.   And no drinking out of your own brown bag either.

Well I TOTALLY disagree with you,I fly as part of my job and hate it with a passion!!  The ONLY way I tolerate it is because of the drinks before and during the flight, to each his own!!

There was NO mention of drinking in the OP or anything subsequently that I can see, apart from tee teetotalers that want to limit someone else's life because it doesn't "jell" with them!!

I have NEVER been refused a flight or even chastised for drinking,I usually sleep when I've had enough!!

2 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

It must also be noted that there was no 'panic' as the headline insinuates, and that the alleged offender was not in anyway distressed, angry or abusive towards the staff. He calmly left the plane when asked to as well.

Hardly the work of someone deserving 5 years in a tin-pot third-World jail cell I'm sure you will agree. Or maybe not, if you are a bar-stool occupying, mouth-breathing, singlet wearing loon that has lost all sense of perspective from living in the jungle too long. 

I am always hesitant to side with the airlines in cases like this as they are the most notorious for having their jack-boot on the throat of the little guy. They way they conduct themselves as a cartel is shameful and in any free and fair World would be illegal. 

Unfortunately we will never know exactly what happened. 

Quite so and a great put  down for a lot of the contributors on tv. Bless me father for I have sinned and intend to continue doing so for the forseable future. 

The idiot is lucky he was taken into custody.  I think he'd be in a hospital ward if the other passengers had been able to get to him.

A spell in the monkey house might help the guy learn a bit of respect for other people...

2 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

If you read any of the other reports he didn't say "bomb" though.

Allegedly he said if his hand-carry was not stored properly it was liable to explode. Could have been referring to anything in the luggage, some over-heating som tam perhaps. 

Again, not all the facts are at hand and as usual in Thailand, misunderstanding are always going to happen when English is not the first language and when dealing with poorly educated menial workers with mental health issues and inferiority complexes. 

To compound, Thai media and journalists are not able to do proper research or fact checking before publishing stories or articles, so to take such articles as verbatim is rather foolish. 

You may be right, and he may only be guilty of miscommunication.  But having used Bangkok Airways for nearly 20 years, and countless other airlines, I know it would take quite a confrontation to cause this much trouble. 

Just board the plane, take your seat, and keep your mouth shut (aside from polite conversation).  It's not difficult!

Furthermore, if he did say his hand luggage is likely to explode if it's not stored properly, he deserves all he gets IMO. 

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

I'll bet he pleads he was only joking  .... 

fine him 100,000 baht and deport.

Hope he likes his new holiday itinerary,year. Accommodations (sorry no air con) with a piece of cardboard for your bed and a light blanket along side of 200 others in the same large cell,with two meals a day (white rice soup),Oh yea the showers are on for a limited time in the evening.5555 LOSER

Well, at least he has the good grace to appear to be chastened and hugely embarrassed if not mortified. Give him (a little) credit for that.

Sorry no credit given !!
Look at all the disruption he caused his fellow passengers and no doubt caused further flight delays for other passengers. !!
I hope they throw the book at him and he learns to keep his mouth shut at the appropriate times !!

I dunno, the indignation this guy is getting seems a bit disproportionate with, say, what a murderer might receive. He didn't hurt anyone, did he? Might have caused panic and inconvenience - and is a complete idiot, no doubt - but... Just sayin.

1 minute ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Sorry no credit given !!
Look at all the disruption he caused his fellow passengers and no doubt caused further flight delays for other passengers. !!
I hope they throw the book at him and he learns to keep his mouth shut at the appropriate times !!

Well, of course he has to be prosecuted. No argument there. As for the passengers, some would have been terrified, others will 'dine out' on the story for decades to come and their near death "terrorist attack" expeoerience and miraculous survival will be told to grandchildren.

7 hours ago, worgeordie said:

"Daily News reported that Bangkok Airways were preparing a case for compensation against the man.",

it's more than about money,action needs to be taken against this stupid Swede,lock him up

regards worgeordie

Damn  right!

Extract  full compensation  ( if  possible ) then convict him and  lock up  in the  psych  section for  a  year then deport.

Anyone  who  finds  humour  in such an act in these times  is  borderline themselves!

I think I will wait until I KNOW what he actually said, and how he acted before condemning him completely.....

I take most media reports skeptically, but Thai media....  The stewardesses may have just wanted an extra somtam break and the airline just looking for some extra cash who knows, and we probably never will....

4 hours ago, Muggi1968 said:

I love beer but some
can not not control it

So you would make everyone suffer due to the actions of one idiot?

In the same way that Thai Railways have now banned alcohol on trains for everyone because THEY employed someone who had a criminal record, got high on drink AND drugs, raped and killed  a young girl and threw her off the train?

Edited by sambum

3 minutes ago, RigPig said:

I think I will wait until I KNOW what he actually said, and how he acted before condemning him completely.....

I take most media reports skeptically, but Thai media....  The stewardesses may have just wanted an extra somtam break and the airline just looking for some extra cash who knows, and we probably never will....

Are  you a budding  novelist?

1 hour ago, Henricus said:

Flight PG 145 due to depart for Samui at 1.45pm till 5.50 PM is 4 hours 5 min !!!!!!

Yes  - yet again a TV member  doesn't read the post properly -  what a surprise!

Edited by sambum

5 minutes ago, natway09 said:

He was detained without an arrest warrant,,,,,, wow

He should be banned from flying for the rest of his natural life (or shot)

They couldn't even do that with "Boss" and he came in and out as if he lived here....  OOPs he does

4 hours ago, Toshiba66 said:

The plane and all luggage in the hold was thoroughly searched and passengers were also searched in accordance with "Order 9" of the airport's emergency procedures. EOD bomb disposal units were deployed.

The emergency was declared over at 5.50pm and the flight left for Samui at 6.30pm.

Read the article again.due to depart at1.45.ermengcy declared over at 5.50.

4 hours ago, Toshiba66 said:

Read the article again you might understand it bit better.

8 hours ago, steven100 said:

I'll bet he pleads he was only joking  .... 

fine him 100,000 baht and deport.

Do you really think, 2500 Euro is a reasonable amount? It will be 10 times or more higher.

5 hours ago, Muggi1968 said:

I love beer but some
can not not control it

Wash your mouth immediately......!