Pattaya cop beaten up in retribution for drugs arrest [video]

webfact

Pattaya cop beaten up in retribution for drugs arrest

3pm.jpg

Image: TNews

PATTAYA: -- A Pattaya policeman on a night out with his girlfriend was attacked by a group of men outside a local pub.

CCTV showed officer Natthawut Khruathongkhiaw being punched as he prepared to leave on his motorcycle. As he fell off his bike he was then booted in the face suffering serious injury, reported TNews.

Natthawut said that he had been out with his girlfriend at the pub when a man came up to him inside and said:

"Are you the guy who arrested my friend?"

Nothing happened then but outside as he prepared to go home several men attacked the officer.

Back-up arrived and Jakraphan (Geng) Manothirakun was arrested. Nathapong (Ton) Namsunthorn and several others had fled the scene and are being sought.

The assaulted officer confirmed that those who attacked him were a group of men who he had detained at a checkpoint in Soi Mom Luang Cheun Jai on April 3rd.

He had seen a suspicious substance believed to be ketamine on a banknote. All in the group were taken in for a urine tests that turned out negative.

It is believed that the attack at the pub was retribution for the drug arrest.

Source: TNews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-03

*Warning - graphic content*

15 minutes ago, heybuz said:

How did he see said substance on a banknote was he selling tickets to the to the police ball

Hardly... there are no balls anywhere in this story !!!

:post-4641-1156694572:  :shock1:

40 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Pattaya, again! Beautiful place, isn´t it?

However, I hope they get smacked up real good in jail for assauling a cop. Just something that you not do, and they take care of themselfs.

Unless one of them gets run over by a red bull heir. 

3 hours ago, tomwct said:

Thainess at it's best! Why would anyone live in Pattaya?

I'd be back there like a shot if not "attached". 

It has become, for me, a wonderful dream of what used to be.

Maybe it really was just a dream?

Compared to everywhere else it sometimes feels like it was.

This is the LOS that I knew back in the 1970s.This bib might have been involved in collecting payment for his higher ups earlier and the perps might have thought that they were immune to certain things knowing this and as it was stated ,their thought process before this was nil.

3 hours ago, TVGerry said:

Oh the idiots staying in Pattaya. I mean assaulting a cop? Really? How did they thing this was going to end? These idiots are going to have a few painful days in lockup.

Yes the ending could have been worst for the cop ! he is just very lucky !

Edited by abab

With all this going on across the country day after day you would think there would be a mass exodus of expats. Or is it keep your head down time as the money to re pat has all gone. I feel for you guys and please keep safe

1 hour ago, wakeupplease said:

With all this going on across the country day after day you would think there would be a mass exodus of expats. Or is it keep your head down time as the money to re pat has all gone. I feel for you guys and please keep safe

I wouldn't say there was anymore violence than before, it only appears that way because everything is filmed with phones or CCTV so it gets more airplay particularly on social media. I have never personally witnessed any violence and continue to think Thailand is one of the safest places in the world to live. In almost all cases of violence where farangs are involved it was they who initiated the confrontations and have usually been drinking.

5 hours ago, Get Real said:

Pattaya, again! Beautiful place, isn´t it?

However, I hope they get smacked up real good in jail for assauling a cop. Just something that you not do, and they take care of themselfs.

Assaulting a cop? the buffoons in brown are just a bigger gang of thieves nothing more, they bear nothing in common with a Police force they have no guts no loyalty and no honour and are an absolute embarrassment, cannot bring myself to have pity on anybody involved in this none event....

ps ask the red bull bloke about how the Police look after their own 

2 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

I've seen much worst back home than I have ever seen in Pattaya. It's just that every little incidence gets reported here.

30 minutes ago, pegman said:

I've seen much worst back home than I have ever seen in Pattaya. It's just that every little incidence gets reported here.

Yep. I challenge anyone to try to walk a few blocks around E. Hastings Vancouver BC after dark and not feel at risk. Like something out of a zombie movie. 

9 hours ago, mark131v said:

Assaulting a cop? the buffoons in brown are just a bigger gang of thieves nothing more, they bear nothing in common with a Police force they have no guts no loyalty and no honour and are an absolute embarrassment, cannot bring myself to have pity on anybody involved in this none event....

ps ask the red bull bloke about how the Police look after their own 

Just another one that can´t accept the country. Hope you not made the choice to stay here.

14 hours ago, kingkenny said:

And that had to do with this story, how? Better people stop repeating everything and concentrate on the topic.

When bar owners start beating up the cops who call round for their monthly brown envelope, I'll believe the revolution has finally begun.

I agree with the earlier comment - it's hard to feel sorry for anyone involved here.

20 hours ago, kingkenny said:

No chance, at least not by the same red bull heir from a few years ago.

That guy is stuffed away in London and they're thinking now of revoking his passport........heroes everywhere.

22 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

When you've invested so much the denial instinct runs strong and deep.

It's absolutely necessary to make an example of these miscreants.  Brutal assault on an officer like this needs a swift & impressive response, or plan on seeing more of it.

On May 3, 2017 at 9:52 AM, docshock13 said:

Yep. I challenge anyone to try to walk a few blocks around E. Hastings Vancouver BC after dark and not feel at risk. Like something out of a zombie movie. 

Done it but a lot younger and stupider back then. Even at that it felt safer than Canada's murder capital, North End Winnipeg.

I an afraid that in every country of the world the police and their war on drugs is disreputable  - its is fundamentally corrupting and time wasting and empowers all manner of corruption- political extremism- the arms trade - religious extremism and fundamentalism, mafia  etc.  It put the police at war with their own people. The human race has been seeking oblivion and transcendence since time immemorial. Prohibition does not work.  A new book came out last year by a British undercover cop in which he admits what a corrupting, shameful waste of time his ten years undercover had been.  This is not a Thai problem. Its international. Regarding revenge-a few years ago I was in prison in Libya for having a bar. When I was there I met a young man who was inside for beating up the doctor who had administered the blood test that found him positive for hashish. The war on drugs is a war on the people on so many different levels.