5 years here,but this has left me stunned

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...Buddy,  you have been burned before, and now again... not a third time...  you Believe it is that good.. over in a flash...  Leave this leech and move on... enjoy the rest of your time, free from this person... Sadly, you are marked and she will play you even more...

Take your on advice, move on...want to donate your money, send it to the Soi dog foundation... they will appreciate your efforts.

All the best Bud...tell her she has been fired...

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

Why do guys give their GF's an allowance. Do they rent them ? Can't they work themselves ? Would they not be their GF if no allowance. I never really got the allowance thing.

Never a girl friend...  But once my Wife had our son and stopped working I gave her an allowance, which I think is fair enough. My Brothers in Law also give my Sisters a monthly allowance (in the UK). 

That said, your question was about girlfriends... I too cannot understand why a guy would give a 'girlfriend' an allowance... unless it was long term, sort of like a common-law wife in the UK. 

In many cases it does appear like 'renting a girl friend'....  then I suspect that in many of these cases, if the money dried up so would the relationship - and there's your answer !!!

12 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

Westerners are taken for a ride to places they do not want daily in Thailand- It has been happening for  decades and will continue.  This is not a question of stupidity but being gullible and the fact that anyone with any sense would never pay 12,000 Baht for a condo/hotel  or as far as I am concerned never pay 6,000 Baht.

The truly ignorant person is the OP who expects a  Thai to understand how hotel bookings work and the cancellation policy.  In addition- if your only reason for 'supporting' a person is they are 'attractive'- you have some personality issues.

Reading over these answers reminds me of why Thai women became disgusted by Western men. They are selfish and arrogant. 

Keep yelling at her and one day you will come home and she won't be there.

I would argue that the Truly Ignorant person is someone who expects Thai't NOT to understand this stuff...  

Not the end of the world. Quite common this with taxi down there. She obviously did not know what to do. Not like you. 

I been married to my Thai lady 8 yrs, she has 3 children. She is the best thing that ever happend to me. She will know next time what to do after you have given her all the s*^t.

you prob just ruined her and the kids holiday now.

why did yoy not go. You must be desperit for money. Or did you have intentions of screwing around while she was gone.

If you go and stay, marry a lady with kids in Thailand you look after them in a way. 

Most thais in a relationship with a Westerner have never been on vacation; do not use credit cards and certainly have never booked a hotel  period. Most come from families of very simple means. In addition, when children are involved- they are not getting support from the children's father.  I would never assume a thai from this background would ever understand much of anything about hotel deposits; booking deadlines; cancellation etc. Why would you?  They do not have the same experience as we Westerners have.

I hold to my original premise- the ignorant one is the  Op because he did not explain to his consort the facts. In addition, paying 12K Baht per night for a condo is ridiculous and his Girlfriend knew it. The OP should apologize to his girlfriend for over reaction and explain to her how things work when handling such a situation. He learned a 12,000 Baht lesson but I doubt he really understand why.

1 hour ago, catman20 said:

i think your being a bit hard, ive met some very honest hard working descent Thai women on the net, not hookers but are easy to get in the sack.:smile:

i have a few friends living in thailand wanting to start families. they said the dating sites are now just full of hookers. makes sense as there are not so many new ones coming through the bars.  

i have a few friends living in thailand wanting to start families. they said the dating sites are now just full of hookers. makes sense as there are not so many new ones coming through the bars.  

Spot on!
All freelance or pro ams

3 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Why even pay in advance

I am with you Rc (Scratching my head). So he gives her an "Allowance" (which I find odd anyway) and he manages the location that costs far more and she found a cheaper place. Should have just given her the cash and let her coordinate it.

At OP:  Thais will always look to save baht. Its in their make up, especially the women. My wife is same way. However I let her coordinate all that stuff and I just go and it is usually always nice( I am not that picky anyway).

I have to say mistake is on the OP not really the GF other than she didn't cancel but she wouldn't know how because it was under the OP name and likely by CC.

1 hour ago, Thaidream said:

I truly feel sorry for any Thai woman that is associated with some of the posters on this subject.  You can treat people like cattle for only so long. Eventually, they will bite you. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

I was thinking the same thing- one of the problems of this country is the type of men it attracts who treat women like dirt- just use the poor indigenous population as a sex object. They are vile. 

They are lacking in emotional intelligence, and will probably end up old and alone. 

OP - just a bit of forgiveness ? She has been scammed, Thais get scammed just as much as foreigners- don't like to admit it. Things go wrong here and it can be frustrating- so it's a question of accepting you are not in Kansas anymore. 

I have learnt anything thing can be sorted out quite easily in this country, a few phone calls- a taxi to the original booking and it would have been fine. 

9 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

Most come from families of very simple means. In addition, when children are involved- they are not getting support from the children's father.  I would never assume a thai from this background would ever understand much of anything about hotel deposits; booking deadlines; cancellation etc. Why would you?  They do not have the same experience as we Westerners have.

I hold to my original premise- the ignorant one is the  Op because he did not explain to his consort the facts. In addition, paying 12K Baht per night for a condo is ridiculous and his Girlfriend knew it. The OP should apologize to his girlfriend for over reaction and explain to her how things work when handling such a situation. He learned a 12,000 Baht lesson but I doubt he really understand why.

Most thais in a relationship with a Westerner have never been on vacation; do not use credit cards and certainly have never booked a hotel  period.

Really ???? Neve been on a vacation, don't use cards, never booked a hotel ???.... come again !!! ????

I'm left wondering if your only exposure to Thailand is with laborers, migrant workers and hookers... 

.... some comments I read on ThaiVisa.com really do make me wonder...  

I don't think I know any Thai's who don't have a credit card...  All of my Thai friends holiday regularly and they most certainly are literate enough to make a hotel booking !!!.

---------

12,000 baht - Is it one night or more than one night, i.e. 3 nights ? I didn't see where the Op specified one night. 

47 minutes ago, robblok said:

Why do guys give their GF's an allowance. Do they rent them ? Can't they work themselves ? Would they not be their GF if no allowance. I never really got the allowance thing.

Professional girlfriend 

6 hours ago, thaifoodruns said:

Mistake 1. Never date women with kids from other men

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I totally agree. I once was seeing a chick in Chiang mai, she had a son. I told her, I was not gonna have a gf who had kids from another man. And that I am not going to have children, until I am sure that I can take care of them well and give them everything they need. Then she says, that's selfish. Lol. 

I am like, honey you are already a mother. You have a child(from a man you never actually loved; which is usually the case)but you aren't able to provide for that kid. That's selfish!!!

My thoughts: no woman with kids from other man!

Second, if the woman you have is not working on something(not doing something), chances are she's working on you, fool. 

Third, not only that but an intelligent, smart woman is the bare minimum. 

Like one that can stand up for herself and tell that text driver to go ..... himself. If she wants that hotel then nobody cares about where the taxi driver would like to go. Take me to where I want to go, idiot. 

50 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

Westerners are taken for a ride to places they do not want daily in Thailand- It has been happening for  decades and will continue.  This is not a question of stupidity but being gullible and the fact that anyone with any sense would never pay 12,000 Baht for a condo/hotel  or as far as I am concerned never pay 6,000 Baht.

The truly ignorant person is the OP who expects a  Thai to understand how hotel bookings work and the cancellation policy.  In addition- if your only reason for 'supporting' a person is they are 'attractive'- you have some personality issues.

Reading over these answers reminds me of why Thai women became disgusted by Western men. They are selfish and arrogant. 

Keep yelling at her and one day you will come home and she won't be there.

You think Thai men are better?

Just now, A1Str8 said:

I totally agree. I once was seeing a chick in Chiang mai, she had a son. I told her, I was not gonna have a gf who had kids from another man. And that I am not going to have children, until I am sure that I can take care of them well and give them everything they need. Then she says, that's selfish. Lol. 

I am like, honey you are already a mother. You have a child(from a man you never actually loved; which is usually the case)but you aren't able to provide for that kid. That's selfish!!!

My thoughts: no woman with kids from other man!

Second, if the woman you have is not working on something(not doing something), chances are she's working on you, fool. 

Third, not only that but an intelligent, smart woman is the bare minimum. 

Like one that can stand up for herself and tell that text driver to go ..... himself. If she wants that hotel then nobody cares about where the taxi driver would like to go. Take me to where I want to go, idiot. 

Most women over 30yo have kids. Often they are left with other family members.

Have you never been married?

My 50 years in Thailand has exposed me to all classes of Thai people from the highest on down but my comments indicated that most Westerners do not come in contact with Thai women who go on vacation; uses credit cards or if they do have credit cards do not understand the ins and outs of booking etc. 

Many people on this board seem to think the girlfriend is stupid but I don't. Why don't we try and see the other person's perspective. She wanted to save money and thought she was doing the right thing. Instead she is being berated.  Any Thai girl that continues to live with Westerners that  gets no respect; is treated like cattle and not assisted with a better life is wasting their time. If she is smart- she will move on.

2 minutes ago, BigKahuna said:

Most women over 30yo have kids. Often they are left with other family members.

Have you never been married?

Some women, not most. No I would never get married because marriage was created for the sole purpose of controlling people. 

Its a good job she does not read TV, and the things you have said about her,

or you could wake up one morning and realise she has fed your cock to the

ducks,

You sent her off on a holiday,with her kids ,most likely with the barest of

instructions,she's there 2 kids jumping about,taxi driver says hotel too far,

because he wants to take her to hotel where he gets commision,what's she

to do,in a strange place,takes the easiest way out,goes to taxi driver hotel.

Just as much your fault as hers,but you're too smart to realise that,put all

the blame on her,cut her allowance, too many here look on Thai women as

chattels,a bit of respect would go along way.

regards worgeordie

11 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

My 50 years in Thailand has exposed me to all classes of Thai people from the highest on down but my comments indicated that most Westerners do not come in contact with Thai women who go on vacation; uses credit cards or if they do have credit cards do not understand the ins and outs of booking etc. 

Many people on this board seem to think the girlfriend is stupid but I don't. Why don't we try and see the other person's perspective. She wanted to save money and thought she was doing the right thing. Instead she is being berated.  Any Thai girl that continues to live with Westerners that  gets no respect; is treated like cattle and not assisted with a better life is wasting their time. If she is smart- she will move on.

The main reason there are so many available young women in Thailand is problem Thai males. She already has moved on

26 minutes ago, A1Str8 said:

Some women, not most. No I would never get married because marriage was created for the sole purpose of controlling people. 

Most good looking women have kids by 30 or 35yo. And the ones that dont are likely to be stuck up or frigid or something wrong with them.

You planning to date ugly ones or young hookers?

I think 12 k was for whole trip. Not bad price for 2 bedroom apartment for 3-6 days??

So many crazy TV members.   I would have been furious too.   It's my one fault at being quick to anger.   

I think cabbie needs some blame and a call made to his company with some of your anger.  

A couple things stand out.  You say you didn't want to go because then you would be paying for everything?? But you would get some of the vacation enjoyment.   First problem in a year?  Not bad.  

The real question is why was patong her chosen destination?  To see friends? 

What did upstairs remodel have to do with it? Her house? And your considering this outlay against dumping her? 

I like how Some guys saw her side of things.  I need to grow more like this in my future.   Smoking hot?  Pictures needed.  Or at least some metrics.    

Thousands more like her you say?   So much BS on TV I need my wading boots on.

30 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

If somebody doesnt know online bookings for hotels come with certain clauses she must be very ignorant.

Online hotels sites have been around for a fair while.

2 hours ago, abab said:

Maybe time for you to understand that people can improve when they are explained and taught the right way by the right person.

You cannot seriously believe that. I am not a Thai basher but you cannot tell a Thai to do something the logical farang way.

17 minutes ago, BigKahuna said:

Most good looking women have kids by 30 or 35yo. And the ones that dont are likely to be stuck up or frigid or something wrong with them.

You planning to date ugly ones or young hookers?

Some of them do. Many of them don't. I have been with more women in my life than I could possibly count. Many over thirty. 

A lot of them didn't have kids. But I am talking about proper women, good looking hot educated smart well off chicks that stand on their on feet, not the average girl from udon and Pattaya. 

Maybe we move in different social circles. I rejoice in our differences. 

Archived