Don’t vote for the same ‘bad people’ next time: Prayut

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 2017-5-5 at 3:45 PM, brucec64 said:

He really sounds like a 5 year old trying to be elected as Kindergarten class president.

"Don't vote for Billy. He's bad. Vote for me. I'm good."

Yes 100% day dream believers,  they destroyed thai economy dont want farangs , every one heading to Vietnam u can get multiple entry tourist visa hassele free and if u decide to live there after 5 years u can have citizenship and duel passport and start a business in your name easy for work permits no hassles , they no Thais gov.... dont want us , so come here to Vietnam we want u and very friendly people many expats once lived in thailand now in vietnam can buy a house a car , motor bike , have a business in your name being single is no issue " i love Vietnam pay same price as Vietnamese for everything " on my way in 10 days bye  bye   thailand , not like Thailand thai price and farang price greed , its still hard to leave Thailand as i have many good  thai friends they are sick of the nanny army jaunta , and they know they dont like us farangs sp they go out of there way to makw it hard to stay here pr visas . Isis no Burma , lndia no problem can Work with no permits for them half of sukhumvit rd from soi 3 all illegal workers takiing thai jobs thats ok , but if u farang arrested and to jail and deported  , Many expats have moved to Cambodia as well for same reason multiple entry visas no hassle tourist visas etc , dont know about if u can get citizenship . These puppets in power and there submaines have stuffed thailand , thinking about it started with shinawatra family bunch of crocks stole from the poor and gave to them selves , now every one is in on it crime pays via there corruption its so rife its normal way pf life if u dont do u r a fool  . Once a great proud country " now high unemployment creates crime what a great dictorship example to the thai people most ate good  . Any one seen the prince lately ? In Europe driving his Ferrari . Is the word .

Edited by Mad mick

On 2017-5-5 at 3:49 PM, tukkytuktuk said:

I vote for Thaksin Shinawatra!

R u serious there all rubbish they started the rot and rip off of there own people , sorry they khun jean 

“You don’t need to favour me. Just pick whatever choice that is not the same old problematic people. You don’t have to love me. Love your country. Don’t hate me. I work for the country. Actually, you may hate me but do not hate your country,” he added.

Sounds like he's employing that dyslexic Trump guy as his scriptwriter.

On 2017-5-5 at 3:45 PM, brucec64 said:

He really sounds like a 5 year old trying to be elected as Kindergarten class president.

Your right hes a kwai look at the mess they have created  visas multiple entrys etc go Vietnam they want us ! pay the same price as locals can get multiple entrys easy , buy a house,  own a car pr motor bike in your own name single or married start a business no hassel and on top if you really want can apply for full citizenship after 5 years and duel passport. So many expats that left thailand are  there , and cambodia.  Vietnam is the go they want us farangs insensitive to come and live or multiple entry tourist visas no drama start a business visa easy to obtain , im on my way been many times and decided go where u r liked and treated as the same as a local same prices not one for fatang and one  . Amazing thailand look at soi 3 all the way up  sukhumvit rd all vendors are foreigners if they farang arrested and deported or in jail . No isis here what kwai's this jaunta have contributed more to destroying  thailand same as shinawatra family they just tea leafs robbed there own people. Thats khun jean for you im sure there are  good ones as there is thais , there all to frighten to speak out , almost like a pol pot era off for re education if you do . These idiots were not elected,  hes defiantly 5 years old but thats the thai education system for you . 

Err...hold on a mo...just what list of people is the PM talking about? Surely that 'man abroad' won't be on any list so how could people vote for him? And how about his sister, since she has problems too is she to be allowed to go on the list? The way I understand it there has got to be a 'reconciliation agreement' before various parties can even think of canvasing. Then there are the 'organic laws' to be written before any election. Sounds to me that there is an undercurrent somewhere.

The contitution has been approved and so the countdown to the next election can begin. The Ecc will be the one's that announce the political parties allowed to run in the next election.

The elections should have been this year but due to the sad recent events it has been pushed back to next year.

I personally hope the Thai people elect someone they all can agree on and move on.

On 2017/5/5 at 3:57 AM, YetAnother said:

it is a confused message; no-one voted for the current govt

It is a confused message for the farangs only. The Thais know what he meant. To put it in simple words, "you don't have to vote for me, I will form the government anyway, so do what you want to do and I will be your PM come next election."

Come to think of it, this sort of thing is expected in many countries like South America, also in many Asian countries.

On 5/5/2017 at 5:19 PM, Eric Loh said:

Majority of electorate really care less for politics and will vote for the party that will deliver programs that will help them to improve their income, health, education and living standard. Prayut demonizing his opponents is expected and really counter productive and few will listen to a general who seized power and has no credibility in keeping promises. 

Do you see the contradiction - if they couldn't care less they wouldn't know which party will help improve citizen's income, health, education, standard of living etc.

Not as if the parties produce meaningful election manifestos or actually deliver much of what they promise; apart from to themselves and those they really represent.

Sorry to disagree but I think the majority of the electorate will vote as they've always done - or been told by the local power.

On 5/5/2017 at 3:40 PM, webfact said:

Don’t vote for the same ‘bad people’ next time: Prayut
By The Nation

Psst YL I think this should fall under the definition of slander go get him. In the next election I think the good people will be in limited numbers if any in fact I think a lot of the familiar faces in power today will be recycled. 

I understand  exactly what  was said,  and  it  is sound advice.  If  the  same  people get  back into power  who  were corrupt  when  they  were  in power

in the past,  then  nothing  will ever  change.  The Thais  are  being told  to  think twice  before  voting in someone  who gives them a couple of thousand

baht,  because  that  is a bought  vote and has nothing to do with being a good democratic vote  for  an honest politician.

I just  hope  that  Thailand will get in a decent government this next  try,  and the people voted in will remember that they are  there  for  the people

and the country of Thailand,  not just their own greedy selves.  That is what happened in the past  and it shows even yet today.

Geezer

2 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I understand  exactly what  was said,  and  it  is sound advice.  If  the  same  people get  back into power  who  were corrupt  when  they  were  in power

in the past,  then  nothing  will ever  change.  The Thais  are  being told  to  think twice  before  voting in someone  who gives them a couple of thousand

baht,  because  that  is a bought  vote and has nothing to do with being a good democratic vote  for  an honest politician.

I just  hope  that  Thailand will get in a decent government this next  try,  and the people voted in will remember that they are  there  for  the people

and the country of Thailand,  not just their own greedy selves.  That is what happened in the past  and it shows even yet today.

Geezer

So who do you suppose they should vote for? 

May be expressing concern that the ptb have noticed that they have not crossed all the t's and dotted the i's that ensures they will still have total control when the "free and fair" peoples vote is allowed to take place.

Loopholes that may allow people to vote in to power that are not on the acceptable list will be closed off completely.

This is moving close to Myanmar of 40 years ago.

On 5-5-2017 at 5:19 PM, Eric Loh said:

Majority of electorate really care less for politics and will vote for the party that will deliver programs that will help them to improve their income, health, education and living standard. Prayut demonizing his opponents is expected and really counter productive and few will listen to a general who seized power and has no credibility in keeping promises. 

Your right, too bad that the plans are never checked by an independent 3rd organisation like in my country for feasibility. Because here they can promise everything without looking at the states finances and economic situation. No need for the plans to be do able at all just promise more shine beads then the other party and you win here. 

1 hour ago, smutcakes said:

So who do you suppose they should vote for? 

He was right with his comment.. problem is you are right too.. there is no real alternative to the old people who in all probability will pull the same bad tricks they did before. And so the circle begins anew. 

Since I am not an expat who lives in Thailand and does not have a Thai wife who also lives there, I will leave the vote decision for the people of Thailand

and the Thais around the world that can vote, to make that decision. I just will not bash the present PM as I think he is still doing a much better

job than the last two democtratically elected, or bought people who were in power. Just my opinion of course

Geezer

4 hours ago, robblok said:

He was right with his comment.. problem is you are right too.. there is no real alternative to the old people who in all probability will pull the same bad tricks they did before. And so the circle begins anew. 

So how has the reform gone to ensure there are alternative options other than the usual?

1 hour ago, smutcakes said:

So how has the reform gone to ensure there are alternative options other than the usual?

Not enough reform IMHO.. but maybe it works. Problem is if the PTP get in power they will want to rewrite the constitution (remember) then we get trouble again. I am not really hopeful but who knows maybe we get a period of rest and no protests.

I do think a lot has been done (should have put on more corruption courts), but a lot should have done (cleaning up the police). But in the end the army was also bad not going after their own corruption. At least some of the PTP got procecuted.. that counts for something in my book (i know not in yours). 

I presume you are referring to the translator. Or did you watch him say this in Thai?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 05/05/2017 at 10:19 PM, pentap said:

Vote!

Are they allowed to?

Your post reminded me of the picture of a young man trying to post his vote in the ballot box being throttled, 2 handed, by one of the paid goons of the PDRC. It was front page at the time but I can't find it now. Very telling.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Not enough reform IMHO.. but maybe it works. Problem is if the PTP get in power they will want to rewrite the constitution (remember) then we get trouble again. I am not really hopeful but who knows maybe we get a period of rest and no protests.

I do think a lot has been done (should have put on more corruption courts), but a lot should have done (cleaning up the police). But in the end the army was also bad not going after their own corruption. At least some of the PTP got procecuted.. that counts for something in my book (i know not in yours). 

I would tend to think it is the reverse problem. As the senate and various committees appointed by the Junta will prevent any change in the constitution, the country will be stuck with this undemocratic constitution under which elected people have less power than appointed people. And then the pressure will increase without any possible derivative untill. .....