Ministry revokes ‘Boss’ passport

rooster59

2 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

That people left their nanny state because of rigid laws. Now they come here and expect expedient law enforcement except when they get called out. Everybody loves corruption when it works in their favor.

In your opinion how many folks came here to get way from their 'nanny states.

'Everybody loves corruption', is that really true?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, scorecard said:

just 

In your opinion how many folks came here to get way from their 'nanny states.

'Everybody loves corruption', is that really true?

Yes, it is true, Most people will buy their way out instead of suffering the consequences. Just take the time to read some posts around here and you will find the double standards.

Just now, anotheruser said:

Yes, it is true, Most people will buy their way out instead of suffering the consequences. Just take the time to read some posts around here and you will find the double standards.

Sure there are double standards about lots of things, in every country. That doesn't mean everybody loves corruption.

In your opinion how many folks came here to get way from their 'nanny states'?

Just now, scorecard said:

Sure there are double standards about lots of things, in every country. That doesn't mean everybody loves corruption.

I am not sure I haven't taken a survey but it is mentioned quite often.

1 minute ago, anotheruser said:

I am not sure I haven't taken a survey but it is mentioned quite often.

Yes it is mentioned but IMHO not often.

In reality there are dozens of reasons why people came to this wonderful country, which does of course have it's problems, what country doesn't.

22 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Yes it is mentioned but IMHO not often.

In reality there are dozens of reasons why people came to this wonderful country, which does of course have it's problems, what country doesn't.

IMHO opinion there are a few dozen people that have come here for the right reasons.

I find it so odd that it's been 5+ years and I never heard about this death by a red bull heir?   Until I read it on TV.   So much red bull consumed in USA you would think a Twitter boycott would have occurred affecting market share.   This story is as relaxant as United kicking off that doctor. How can I keep reading stories like this and want to retire in Thailand?

This case was handled so badly that Governmet heads should roll, and senior levels heads should be the first to roll.

What nonsense that this rich guy was let out of the country first before doing that as well. All of us regular people would

not be treated at all in this manner. People in the military who were also involved  should hang their heads in shame.  What

a bunch of amateur people are the ones involved with this and other rich peoples cases.

Geezer

20 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

I'm always amazed why the media chooses to use a 5 year old photograph of this character when there are quite a few more up to date shots available, mostly showing him enjoying his freedom in the U.K. and at F1 races.. 

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=Vorayuth+“Boss”+Yoovidhya,&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiTrZ2wgdrTAhUMM48KHaJpBrIQ_AUICigB&biw=1366&bih=638#imgdii=gNcB5KlxWlFzEM:&imgrc=y1Fr8CzDvx8yfM:

And more honest reporting from sites like this; http://www.torontosun.com/2017/03/30/prosecutors-in-thailand-postpone-appearance-for-red-bull-heir-vorayuth-boss-yoovidhya

I suppose there is one thing he will have to live with for the rest of his life:

He so UGLY......

On 5/6/2017 at 7:50 AM, BigBadGeordie said:

You clearly have a downer on the Junta, I suspect you are just looking for negative things to say about them, as you neglected mention the "Jewel in the Crown" of their achievements BICYCLE LANES!

hey ..... let us not forget the crack-down on street vendors and the bi-monthly raids on houses of ill repute for those that have lite envelopes   ....

11 hours ago, scorecard said:

Not me chief. I came here to work originally for 3 months. I met a nice girl  then went away never expecting to return. I came back to work once again a year later and 2 months later I was in Indonesia. That lasted 3 weeks and I came back to Thailand for another 3 months that ran into nearly 3 1/2 years. Off to Sri Lanka, UK, S Africa, Angola, France, Angola then Portugal. I quit the company after that and worked in the UK, France, Germany and back to Thailand again.

By this time I had quit the company, gone contracting, divorced my UK wife, married my Thai lady and made Thailand my home and workbase. I never regretted my choice either.

On 2017-5-6 at 7:37 AM, ratcatcher said:

I'm always amazed why the media chooses to use a 5 year old photograph of this character when there are quite a few more up to date shots available, mostly showing him enjoying his freedom in the U.K. and at F1 races.. 

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=Vorayuth+“Boss”+Yoovidhya,&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiTrZ2wgdrTAhUMM48KHaJpBrIQ_AUICigB&biw=1366&bih=638#imgdii=gNcB5KlxWlFzEM:&imgrc=y1Fr8CzDvx8yfM:

And more honest reporting from sites like this; http://www.torontosun.com/2017/03/30/prosecutors-in-thailand-postpone-appearance-for-red-bull-heir-vorayuth-boss-yoovidhya

I actually like the 2012 photo.  It does so much more to underline the spoiled brat he was and presumably still is than the more recent pictures.  He maybe older and wiser in some ways now but

that picture shows and exemplifies the spoiled little s#$t he was when he did it.  PS I like the Canadian article.  Call a spade a spade!!!!!

Edited by The Deerhunter

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

Not me chief. I came here to work originally for 3 months. I met a nice girl  then went away never expecting to return. I came back to work once again a year later and 2 months later I was in Indonesia. That lasted 3 weeks and I came back to Thailand for another 3 months that ran into nearly 3 1/2 years. Off to Sri Lanka, UK, S Africa, Angola, France, Angola then Portugal. I quit the company after that and worked in the UK, France, Germany and back to Thailand again.

By this time I had quit the company, gone contracting, divorced my UK wife, married my Thai lady and made Thailand my home and workbase. I never regretted my choice either.

I was transferred from home country to Singapore at a very young age, then seconded quickly to a research project here in Thailand, well over 3 decades ago. I got a great job offer to jump to another MNC, became a consultant, worked with clients in total of 14 Asia-Pacific countries. Thailand firmly established as home. Never went back to my country of birth.

I met the love of my life quickly, Thai lady, doctor of medicine, happy, busy and fulfilling marriage and family life, wife sadly since passed on. One Thai son, a great sportsman, now a professor (and my best buddy in life), his Thai wife, delightful, open and caring lady, also a professor, and three wonderful grandchildren.

That's my story; nothing to do with nanny states, nothing to do with escaping anything. Never been interested in the bar scene.

Actually there are plenty of farang in Thailand with very similar stories.  

On 5/7/2017 at 1:49 AM, scorecard said:

Totally agree, actually I would call it a landmark decision and action, and hopefully generating progress in terms of a balanced and fair civil society where people have right and also have responsibility and have values. 

"...landmark decision and action..."  Too little too late! I like your sentiments but TIT. Rights with responsibility, accountability and transparency is a pipe dream.

Always remember that leadership starts at the top. As with politics anywhere, what is said (for public consumption) is not necessarily what is done.

On 6-5-2017 at 7:17 AM, rooster59 said:

THE FOREIGN Affairs Ministry is in the process of revoking the passport

It will only take a few YEARS !!!

How about Taksin?

Still no international arrest warrant, passport is not revoked but recently renewed (diplomatic passport)..

This is discrimination. Taksin killed thousands and Boss only one cop. 

The story on who's done what, when changes every time a new official spokesman makes another fantasy  proposal or declaration. It's almost like people taking turns painting part of a fence, but choosing their own colour for their patch. People will either be so totally confused they'll forget the whole saga, or they will have been totally misled about past events that any court whitewash will eventually limp by unnoticed and without drawing any comment or disbelief.     Creative administration of justice?             

On 5/6/2017 at 7:21 AM, Crossy said:

Not wanting to appear cynical, but one assumes the delay was to ensure he had received his new passport from <insert country with easily obtained citizenship> before pulling his Thai passport.

That's exactly what happened.

Boss. James Boss.

8 hours ago, Rhys said:

May the pox be upon his reproductive organ...

There is also this thought,

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest his crotch and may his arms be too short to reach them.

Edited by billd766
Added extra text