Ministry revokes ‘Boss’ passport

rooster59

THE FOREIGN Affairs Ministry is in the process of revoking the passport of fugitive Red Bull heir Vorayuth “Boss” Yoovidhya

If this "process" is at all similar to the various Thaksin revocations (decorations, police rank, passports), I assume it will take quite a while, require Article 44 and the personal order from someone on high.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

Not wanting to appear cynical, but one assumes the delay was to ensure he had received his new passport from <insert country with easily obtained citizenship> before pulling his Thai passport.

Maybe, but still has an arrest warrant out for him (we are lead to believe there is) and irrespective of what passport he has, he  is still a fugitive - - - - go Interpol, catch the little scumbag and ship him home dead or alive. 

2 hours ago, Thailand said:

You don't have to pay off governments to get a new passport many countries offer relatively simple and cheap schemes to gain residency and passports.

Would you be so kind as to list those particular countries...?  The US isn't one of them.

2 minutes ago, fish monger said:

Would you be so kind as to list those particular countries...?  The US isn't one of them.

Check back thru' a few of the other posts relating to this little weasel and you will find most countries have been listed - not all that difficult. 

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

However, following a meeting with the Foreign Affairs Ministry |representative and Foreign Affairs Division Police, Sanit said that Vorayuth’s passport had been revoked, while Interpol would help Thai police arrest him if captured outside the country.

The last paragraph presumably clarifies the latest position, albeit I doubt he'll be ever arrested. 

1 hour ago, prakhonchai nick said:

How about seizing his jet which is parked up in Singapore

having your own private jet has its perks, he most likely left Singapore and is in a country where passports can be bought easily - such as belize by making a small investment or keeping X amount of dollars in a bank account.

At least they gave him a 5 year head start to get his applications in for Montenegrin, Ugandan, Nicaraguan and Fijian citizenships. Actually a few months would have been enough.  I find it strange there is no hard and fast law about revoking Thai passports of fugitives from the law.  When this came up in the context of Wattana Asawahame who was actually sentenced to 10 years in jail, the government said that revoking his passport would have infringed on his rights as a Thai citizen. 

3 hours ago, Thailand said:

You don't have to pay off governments to get a new passport many countries offer relatively simple and cheap schemes to gain residency and passports.

Before you know it, hell be in Sweden, we are, as Always happy to oblige foreign criminals and such with sanctuary...only this time someone who will pay his own expences!

The headline and the article contradict one another.

The use of the present simple in a newspaper headline means a completed act.

Yet, the article states they intend to revoke the passport but they have not completed the process (or the Interpol ridiculous claim).

It is all just smoke and mirrors anyway.

About time the family negotiated a deal inside the Thai judicial system rather than trying to stay outside it. Both will cost the same and have the same result, no prison time for the young (not so young now) man.

Hope he feels like the rabbit in the spot light. At the end of the day he has to be judged. The boys at the police station need to stand up and look after their own. If he had have done it in Victoria in OZ the police would have shot him by now for resisting arrest. That's how much they look after their own.

3 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

You clearly have a downer on the Junta, I suspect you are just looking for negative things to say about them, as you neglected mention the "Jewel in the Crown" of their achievements BICYCLE LANES!

ha ha do the Thai's know about these and what they actually are for ?????

4 hours ago, rkidlad said:

8 times this turd failed to show up. Then they let him stroll out just before he was supposed to turn up for his last chance appearance. They procrastinate with his arrest warrant and they now do the same with his passport revocation. And we're told they're doing everything by the letter of the law. 

Apart from beach chairs, lottery numbers and cherry picked corruption cases - what's changed here? 

Okay so far so good BUT WHERE IS HE NOW.Left his plane in Singapore and took another plane wheretoo ?Morrons from the airport don't know !!!!!

I'm always amazed why the media chooses to use a 5 year old photograph of this character when there are quite a few more up to date shots available, mostly showing him enjoying his freedom in the U.K. and at F1 races.. 
https://www.google.co.th/search?q=Vorayuth+“Boss”+Yoovidhya,&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiTrZ2wgdrTAhUMM48KHaJpBrIQ_AUICigB&biw=1366&bih=638#imgdii=gNcB5KlxWlFzEM:&imgrc=y1Fr8CzDvx8yfM:

And more honest reporting from sites like this; http://www.torontosun.com/2017/03/30/prosecutors-in-thailand-postpone-appearance-for-red-bull-heir-vorayuth-boss-yoovidhya

I have to agree about the 'dorky' picture, with that 'feed cap' resting on his ears he looks halfwitted. Maybe the media chooses to use it intentionally.
There is little chance that he will be punished for the accident because it was just that, and coupled with his incredible wealth there is no way that anyone can keep him locked up even if he were found guilty of a crime.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Actually, many countries issue passports for a fee......no doubt this guy will have already obtained one......then again, he may also have a new Thai passport.

As his family is right up there at the top of the chain, who knows...although it would be a massive negative on Thailand if so!

Since when has Thailands elite been worried about negative news?

Interesting company redbull... from what I have read largely created by a "farang" with a Thai partner..  I don't think the farang partner is too happy about the goings on with the Thai family.

9 minutes ago, losworld said:

Interesting company redbull... from what I have read largely created by a "farang" with a Thai partner..  I don't think the farang partner is too happy about the goings on with the Thai family.

I doubt their racing team is all that happy either. The more this is put in the international press the better. 

I've got a feeling that this guy is going to come to a sticky end. Accident/suicide/unexplained death; Thai style!! After the initial news everything would quickly fade away. The Thai government would be off the hook and in a couple of months all would be forgiven and forgotten.

5 hours ago, rkidlad said:

8 times this turd failed to show up. Then they let him stroll out just before he was supposed to turn up for his last chance appearance. They procrastinate with his arrest warrant and they now do the same with his passport revocation. And we're told they're doing everything by the letter of the law. 

Apart from beach chairs, lottery numbers and cherry picked corruption cases - what's changed here? 

the snouts in the trough, is all

5 hours ago, daboyz1 said:

Thaksin has been running around for years with a revoked passport. He just paid off some governments and got a couple new ones. What's stopping this punk and his family from doing the same thing?

I'm sure they have done this already. 
But it should stop him coming back to Thailand which even with all the family money will hurt him a lot.