Retirement extension - Proof of funds/income

I've had a retirement extension for the past few years always managing to have the requisite THB 800K in the bank for 3 months prior to each renewal. This year's a bit different in that I won't have the full amount. I work outside Thailand (e.g. Singapore) and was informed by a colleague that he was in a similar position last year and arranged for his company (e.g. Singapore company) to write a letter confirming his monthly salary (e.g THB 150K), had the letter certified by his embassy in Bangkok (UK) and successfully submitted this to immigration for his retirement extension. I've read on this forum that it's usually either the THB 800K or a certified letter confirming monthly pension income (e.g. THB 65K) from an external country that is required and seen nothing on whether a certified letter from an external employer confirming income is also valid for a Thai retirement extension. Appreciate any guidance?

You can use an income earned from working outside the country to apply for an extension based upon retirement. Many people do it.

You would need to get a income letter from your embassy. A income letter is the only proof immigration will accept.

9 minutes ago, dentonian said:

Anyone know the procedure for obtaining a Proof of Income letter from the Australian Embassy?

It is done as a statutory declaration at the embassy in Bangkok. No proof of income is required to do it.

Recent topic here.

2 minutes ago, ozgolfguy said:

Thanks for the clarification - is there a minimum monthly income amount that immigration requires for the extension based upon retirement?

It is 65k baht.

12 minutes ago, ozgolfguy said:

Is there a specific time period prior to or after the renewal date that the income letter from your embassy is required to cover? Or is it only needed to be dated within 30 days prior to renewal?

The letter will just how your monthly income. Immigration will accept a income letter that is up to 6 months old.