Homebuild desktop PC, 47.000 baht, too much?

guzzi850m2

That's maybe the reason why people buy from invade. They don't have the right glasses.

He was comparing an OC card. Jib has a MSI 1050 OC for 4090 baht, which sells for 4990 on Invade.

Even if it was 4490, it still is 10 percent more expensive than a regular physical store. If you choose to buy a rig you probably save 2 to 3k.

And I even can't imagine the trouble you have to go to if you encounter faulty items.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bad missed the OC part.

Are you talking about this MSI GTX 1050 OC 2gb for 4290 ?

http://www.invadeit.co.th/product/video-cards/msi/geforce-gtx1050-2gb-gddr5-aero-itx-2g-oc-p030528/

At the end of the day Iam very happy with the service InvadeIT offer and don't mind a paying a bit more but as mentioned Thomas will price match if asked if one was so inclined to ask.

57 minutes ago, sniffdog said:

That's maybe the reason why people buy from invade. They don't have the right glasses.

He was comparing an OC card. Jib has a MSI 1050 OC for 4090 baht, which sells for 4990 on Invade.

Even if it was 4490, it still is 10 percent more expensive than a regular physical store. If you choose to buy a rig you probably save 2 to 3k.

And I even can't imagine the trouble you have to go to if you encounter faulty items.

Sometimes just the internet research gives me enough headache... initially I searched for my previous purchases, Toshiba (a 3TB hard disk followed by a 4TB disk a bit later). They were both cheapest on J.I.B. at the time - though when I visited the store at Srinakarin Road (Seacon) I was told they had no stock, there was only 1 available. I ended up on my bike over to Megabangna nearest my home for the last item in stock. I feel reassured that it's only a 10 minute trip from my machine to the local Megabangna branch too.

As for Jetcom - despite the news that they're often cheaper I'm skeptical as my search revealed only 0.00 prices... This stuff just doesn't work half the time! There's also a big difference in location here - shopping from my area isn't the same. I am sure that I'd never buy a HDD online, though, as it adds extra mechanical handling (and thus reliability questions) from the factory to your machine.

Well, I think there's no all-singing, all-dancing computer vendor here in LOS. JIB and InvadeIT have their strengths and weaknesses. There's a place for each of them and I've used both. True, InvadeIT tends to be a bit more expensive. My main gripe w/ InvadeIT is that the website contains items (maybe just the one I'm looking for) that they not only don't have but they know they can't possibly get. I mean, they'll leave it up even after they've told me they can't get it. Oh--maybe they can later. ;) Now for Thais (consider the Thai restaurant menu) that's kind of normal but you'd expect better from Western management.

But you will find good, knowledgeable service there--in English. Many members do swear by InvadeIT and I believe them. It happens I've been dealing w/ JIB for many years, esp when they opened up in Pattaya (lured by their reasonable prices), so it just seems familiar to me. I exchanged something there recently and had no problems at all.

On 5/14/2017 at 10:07 AM, guzzi850m2 said:

I installed Bitdefender based on experts recommendations on different sites, it was always among the best (2017) in 3-4 sites which is good enough for me. 

OK, so you're about done. It's time to join the PC Master Race.

On 16/05/2017 at 0:09 AM, ben2talk said:

Oh. A standard practice where I came from is to do a quick search; let's say the GTX1050 2GB OC card; great budget option.

InvadeIT 4990

J.I.B. 4090

Reminds me of buying some dishsoap in a small shop in Isaan. How much? "Errrr 20, 30, mai chai, 45 baht". 

J.I.B. service is excellent. There is no 'mock-shock' reaction, I get annoyed by people who support this kind of business practice. As a customer, my role is to support the consumer - not the profiteering rip off merchants!

I'm pleased you can get InvadeIT to discount their goods to less than 4090, but I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. Rip off merchants!

Coming from the U.K. I associate this with 'American style' consumer practices. It doesn't work unless J.I.B. is physically out of reach and won't send the goods to you - then you are forced to take the other option.

Just priced up a high-endish PC for the office to run Adobe CC on.

AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor
MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400MHz DDR4 Non-ECC DIMM CL14 (4x8GB) Black
MSI - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB ARMOR OCV1 Video Card
Corsair - CSM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Samsung - 850 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Toshiba - P300 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

InvadeIT - ฿51,690.00
Busitek - ฿51,630.00
JIB - ฿52,880.00
US - ฿41,031.00

The US price is from a PC build site and used as a reference.

Edited by JaseTheBass

20 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

Just priced up a high-endish PC for the office to run Adobe CC on.

AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor
MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400MHz DDR4 Non-ECC DIMM CL14 (4x8GB) Black
MSI - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB ARMOR OCV1 Video Card
Corsair - CSM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Samsung - 850 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Toshiba - P300 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

InvadeIT - ฿51,690.00
Busitek - ฿51,630.00
JIB - ฿52,880.00
US - ฿41,031.00

The US price is from a PC build site and used as a reference.

Busitek  http://www.busitek.com/bstk2016/form/pricelist.html

MSI GTX 1050 OC 2GB DDR5 comes in at 4,990

J.I.B. https://www.jib.co.th/web/index.php/product/readProduct/24634/17/VGA--การ์ดแสดงผล--MSI-GTX1050-2G-OC

4,090 is almost 20% cheaper than 4990. Sorry.

I must say I find it odd that 

25 minutes ago, ben2talk said:

J.I.B. https://www.jib.co.th/web/index.php/product/readProduct/24634/17/VGA--การ์ดแสดงผล--MSI-GTX1050-2G-OC

where in JaseTheBase's post did he mention the gtx 1050 or price ?

6 hours ago, Don Mega said:

where in JaseTheBase's post did he mention the gtx 1050 or price ?

Sorry, did I say 'from JaseTheBase's post'? 

Did I quote?

Perhaps you can tell me, where in JaseTheBase's post did he clarify how to come up with a build price with 'Toshiba - P300 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive' not appearing on Busitek's website... Can't spot it on the JiB either. 

6290 for the 850 EVO 500GB, 6590 at JiB gives a 300 baht bias in his favour, but as I know the price of the GTX1050 OC 2GB as I thought of buying it, and noticed it's cheaper at JiB than anywhere else.

Edited by ben2talk
cut

10 minutes ago, ben2talk said:

Did I quote?

I know the price of the GTX1050 OC 2GB as I thought of buying it, and noticed it's cheaper at JiB than anywhere else, as were the last 4 items I purchased from there... 

So it's excellent that Jase can manage to come up with an extreme list which clearly shows that everywhere is expensive outside the USA, but it still doesn't undermine the original premise that everything I bought, after checking online it was never worth going past my local JiB.

Yes, you quoted his entire post, where he spec'd out a 1060 in your response.

3 minutes ago, vaultdweller0013 said:

Yes, you quoted his entire post, where he spec'd out a 1060 in your response.

So now you quote Busitek's price for the  'Toshiba - P300 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive'  smart guy ;)

2 hours ago, ben2talk said:

Did I quote?

Perhaps you can tell me, where in JaseTheBase's post did he clarify how to come up with a build price with 'Toshiba - P300 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive' not appearing on Busitek's website... Can't spot it on the JiB either. 

6290 for the 850 EVO 500GB, 6590 at JiB gives a 300 baht bias in his favour, but as I know the price of the GTX1050 OC 2GB as I thought of buying it, and noticed it's cheaper at JiB than anywhere else.

yeah you quoted him. he mentioned no individual prices.

Did I quote?

I used WD Blue HDDs as replacements. I tried to use the same component where I could but didn't retro price the WD drive from InvadeIT as the Toshiba is better and what I would go for as both WD and Seagate have been rubbish for me over the years.

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

I used WD Blue HDDs as replacements. I tried to use the same component where I could but didn't retro price the WD drive from InvadeIT as the Toshiba is better and what I would go for as both WD and Seagate have been rubbish for me over the years.

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

I have two Toshies 3,4tb - but I think supplies might be short, for the 4tb drive I had to go collect the only stock item from Srinakarin - now they're off the list.

Sent from my nose.

2 hours ago, Don Mega said:
lol @ ben2talk editing his post after he was made to look a fool.

No, I compared the 1050 because it's comparable - I edited because the posts get long. Actually I'm not sure what happened, because I did include a post with links showing the 1050 at 4090 in JIB but 4990 it seems everywhere else... so maybe a JiB special.

Appears that you posted a list for the pieces back, but in actual fact you were just buying similar components for the pricelist, so you are comparing apples with oranges for your conclusion.

This is not a competition. There is no need to cheat.

Sent from my nose.

Edited by ben2talk
sentence with price - apparently lost in previous post?

3 minutes ago, ben2talk said:

No, I compared the 1050 because it's comparable - I edited because the posts get long.

Appears that you posted a list for the pieces back, but in actual fact you were just buying similar components for the pricelist, so you are comparing apples with oranges for your conclusion.

This is not a competition. There is no need to cheat.

Sent from my nose.

blah blah blah.

I would say more but you will just edit and change your post anyways.

2 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

blah blah blah.

I would say more but you will just edit and change your post anyways.

17 hours ago, ben2talk said:

THE POST IS HERE - IT IS NOT DELETED OR EDITED

5 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

You other post had no mention of samsung hard drives until you edited

And these posts are all relevant to .... erm ... oh, sorry - the point seems to be pointless bickering.

Whether I edit a post or not depends sometimes on how and where I make it - sometimes I just dictate, and then read, and then I don't like it so I'll shake it off and say something different. It's called a conversation... though sometimes you'll look and think 'I said that before, but I forgot to mention the Samsung'.

The conversation got very old - and I've better things to do.

Edited by ben2talk
wind up fool

Just now, ben2talk said:

And these posts are all relevant to .... erm ... oh, sorry - the point is pointless bickering.

Whether I edit a post or not depends sometimes on how and where I make it - sometimes I just dictate, and then read, and then I don't like it so I'll shake it off and say something different. It's called a conversation... though sometimes you'll look and think 'I said that before, but I forgot to mention the Samsung'.

The conversation got very old - and I've better things to do.

Ive no issue with the edit to add the samsung but to completely change to whole post is very rancid. Notice VaultDweller also made comment on your edit ?

Anywho iam sure you have important edits to make so toodles and have fun.

I thought I would share my bench mark scores. My rig is right in the middle in what they call a 50th percentile, which means that if 100 PC's tested with the exact the same components, 50 of them will be faster than mine, okay I guess.

UserBenchmarks: Game 65%, Desk 72%, Work 53%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1500X - 75.5%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060-6GB - 68.9%
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB - 86.5%
RAM: Kingston KHX2133C 2x8GB - 75.9%
MBD: Asus PRIME B350M-A

3 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

I thought I would share my bench mark scores. My rig is right in the middle in what they call a 50th percentile, which means that if 100 PC's tested with the exact the same components, 50 of them will be faster than mine, okay I guess.

UserBenchmarks: Game 65%, Desk 72%, Work 53%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1500X - 75.5%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060-6GB - 68.9%
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB - 86.5%
RAM: Kingston KHX2133C 2x8GB - 75.9%
MBD: Asus PRIME B350M-A

Quite OK. Faster would mean a bigger spend and/or overclocking. You didn't need a bigger spend and overclocking could mean instability and shorter CPU life. Lot of gamers are overclocking the Ryzens. In practice you might not even notice a faster speed anyway. Surely you've got all you really want? I'm always amused by this study done years ago: Can a £300 gaming PC compare to a £3,000 one?

Let someone tell me that my new high end 1080ti OC is not a big step up from my old 7700 ...

But yes, I am not convinced about overclocking. The numbers might go up but do you see any significant visual speed increase.

But I seriously doubt you can run a demanding game at ultra settings on a 300 pound system. But is the 3,000 pound system 10 times better? Probably not ... but the 300 pound cant run the games a 3000 pound system delivers.

Its the same question .. is a 4 million Mercedes four times as comfortable as my 1 million baht Nissan.

Yes it's all relative isn't it, you pay big $ to be able to play 4k games and with my very limited use, waste of money, I don't need it.

When 8k takes off, likely within the next 5 years, a 4k gaming rig will be obsolete and I doubt any current hardware is up to the task. 

I actually dont play 4k games. My monitor is an ultrawide with a resolution of 3440 x 1440.

And because there is 4k is 1080p gaming obsolete? Silly remark.

And dont you think hardware will be developed when 8k is here?

On 5/21/2017 at 4:56 AM, sniffdog said:

I actually dont play 4k games. My monitor is an ultrawide with a resolution of 3440 x 1440.

And because there is 4k is 1080p gaming obsolete? Silly remark.

And dont you think hardware will be developed when 8k is here?

I thought you said in an earlier post, that you didn't want to post in this topic anymore?

Well never mind, what I meant to say is that if you have a 4k capable rig, yes it will be obsolete if you want to play in 8k when that takes off.

As you can see on my rig, it's not fully capable of 4k gaming but I don't mind, 1080 is fine with me.

Yes hardware will developed, it always has so far, they will never stop, never.

I been editing some photos on my 3840X2160 28" monitor, and it's pretty awesome, love it.

Edited by guzzi850m2