Pathum Thani: US man was starving himself to death after his woman moved out

snoop1130

Pathum Thani: US man was starving himself to death after his woman moved out

aHR0cDovL3BlMS5pc2Fub29rLmNvbS9ucy8wL3VkLzQ0Mi8yMjExMzcwLzEuanBn.jpg

A 62 year old American man was found in a desperate state in his house in Pathum Thani yesterday after deliberately going without food and water for many days.

Neighbors in the Klong 2 area in a well appointed housing estate became worried after not seeing Mr Mesaha for many days.

They knew he was clinically depressed after a woman had left him alone and had been in to help him several times. But for some time they had not seen him at all, reported Sanook.

The water and electricity had been cut off and he had not stepped out the door at all so they called the police.

Klong Luang police and Poh Teck Tung foundation medics saw what they thought was a movement of the curtains in a bedroom and they decided to break in to help the occupant.

Mr Mesaha is a large, tall man, but he was now frail and thin and emaciated lying helpless on his bed.

He initially refused to go to hospital but after the juristic person's office said they would look after his property while he was away he agreed to be carried to Thammasat Rangsit Hospital.

Police said the property was in a mess and virtually derelict.

Neighbors said a woman friend of the man had moved out many months ago sending their neighbor into a spiral of depression.

The US Embassy and Ministry of Tourism and Sports has been informed to see what help they are able to provide.

Sanook promised to follow up on the sad story.

Source: http://news.sanook.com/2211370/

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-5-8

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ratcatcher said:

A sad way to go, alone, depressed and dehydrated . RIP.

Anyone have any idea what nation that name originates ...Mesaha Toupou,  is?

I worked for many years in Mesaha Square, Cairo. For my sins I never asked for the meaning. So it may point to Egyptian / Arabic origins. Which, given the French ties to Egypt, probably explains the matching with the French sounding surname.

Indeed a sad way to go.

Edited by dabhand

At 62, Americans can collect Social Security in most cases, unless he was covered by an alternate pension plan.  Its doubtfull he was broke, but all we can do is speculate.   But, hey, we all are going to die sooner or later, and some are ready to go sooner. 

Great to see locals offering a helping hand and a big credit to each of you at this time. That is what I love about this country as there are those who are suffering themselves but reach out to help others even if they are not one of their own.

Love for some means little, money is life for them. I found one that love means everything and money means nothing. I hope this man can find the same and give it a go my friend as you will find that love, but stay away from the bars.

6 hours ago, maprao said:

I hope she is proud of herself.
RIP

So you knew the him personally? Maybe there were good reasons she left him? All the same , regardless of the reasons why she left him no one can be responsible for someone else's actions. He voluntarily chose to starve himself to death. 

This is one of so many sad stories here in Thailand. It can be a very lonely place in later life if you have little or no friends, partner or money.

Help is possible to find here if you need it but you have to want it also.

10 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

A sad way to go, alone, depressed and dehydrated . RIP.

Anyone have any idea what nation that name originates ...Mesaha Toupou,  is?

Sounds Greek to me but it's only my best guess...

21 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

if he was truly depressed, it can be a battle just to get out of bed.

and that same depression makes finding help a impossible task.

RIP.

Exactly. Watch out a know it all is about to comment.....

How would it help him if he 

12 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Sorry, but no single woman in Thailand is worth that.  Way too many more of them around to take her place.

7 minutes ago, 12DrinkMore said:

He probably wanted the woman back, not to die.

By blackmailing someone to live with you... ah seen it before kinda selfish. But yes love can hurt a lot. 

5 minutes ago, tomwct said:

Another quality retiree with mental problems. What are these people thinking? She left so you walk outdoors and get another.

You think and act that way, so would many..most ...others. Some people cannot get over these personal things so easily and move on. It seems this guy is one of the latter. He shouldn't be judged for that.

Kudos to the neighbours. As someone said above, the community spirit is strong and neighbours, even strangers , will help if they see a problem.

It costs nothing to keep an eye out for neighbours and can be done without being intrusive.

7 hours ago, maprao said:

I hope she is proud of herself.
RIP

I get the impression that you think the woman should not have left him. The woman is entitled to leave for whatever reason if she is not happy in the relationship.

I suspect, he was starving himself not because the woman moved out, but because he ran out of money and credit.

I also suspect the lady moved out because the cash flow stopped and utilities turned off.

So many foreignors come and never return home...

2 minutes ago, Kabula said:

I suspect, he was starving himself not because the woman moved out, but because he ran out of money and credit.

I also suspect the lady moved out because the cash flow stopped and utilities turned off.

So many foreignors come and never return home...

Your probably right! No money no honey! Amazing thailand.