Helpless old woman repeated kicked in the head by Thai gang

webfact

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is appalling, of course!I  hope these people get jail time, but is it not possible that this could have been a hit paid for by a bigger fish? Could this video recording be in fact done to "entice" others to pay on time? In some ways, it would be more civilized to send a recording of this to one who needs to pay! Sad, though!

Smart cameras recording of these are finally showing the true realities of the world we live in. It is about time.

However, a casual glance on the Net points to similar occurrences (1) in the West, sometimes perpetrated by the police. (Not to say that this could or does not happen here too, btw. LOL)

(1) https://www.google.co.th/search?q=us+police+beating&oq=us+police+beating&aqs=chrome..69i57.3871j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=us+police+beating&tbm=vid

3 hours ago, Wiggy said:

One thing I'll never understand here.....why does the victim have to do the job of the police?  

"The victim was expected to come with the report to the police station at 10am this morning."

Why can't the police visit the victim as in civilized countries?

Too hot?

2 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

Explain please. Cos every Thai I know are/would be as sickened by this attack as anyone else. Or, are you just using this sickening attack to bash Thais, kind of low, don't you think?

So why did the Thais not intervene then , typical Thai cowards, Takes 6/7 to overpower a female or any other person , Police are as culpable anyone for not stamping on it hard along with the Thai Justice system. But the thai ways is Not my business up to them ,.Sabi sabi.

Edited by Thongkorn

3 hours ago, Wiggy said:

One thing I'll never understand here.....why does the victim have to do the job of the police?  

"The victim was expected to come with the report to the police station at 10am this morning."

cops dont get paid to do that. the police system is very different in thailand. there is not point getting upset about it. the system does work to some extent and thailand is still one of the safer countries in south east asia, appart from the roads of course. the victim will hopefully prove her case (good thing it was caught on camera) then the cops will catch the crims and the lady will be offered compensation (cops take a cut for doing their part) or the crims go to jail. this is the system. i am not saying it is a good system, it is just the way it is.

3 hours ago, Wiggy said:

Because it's difficult to leave the station with a chair stuck to your a.r.s.e.

7 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

cops dont get paid to do that. the police system is very different in thailand. there is not point getting upset about it. the system does work to some extent and thailand is still one of the safer countries in south east asia, appart from the roads of course. the victim will hopefully prove her case (good thing it was caught on camera) then the cops will catch the crims and the lady will be offered compensation (cops take a cut for doing their part) or the crims go to jail. this is the system. i am not saying it is a good system, it is just the way it is.

Well, that's interesting. They were quick to come to my condo when someone complained about me making a noise, even though it was my neighbour. The 'victim' didn't have to take a report to the police station. But I guess each policeman works differently from the other as is often the case with departments here. And you're right in that the system is bad.

Another testament to necessary overhaul of the RTP. If the PM really wanted to make a profound impact on his country, leave a true legacy and genuinely bring happiness to the People, he'd do the total overhaul.

1 minute ago, Wiggy said:

Well, that's interesting. They were quick to come to my condo when someone complained about me making a noise, even though it was my neighbour. The 'victim' didn't have to take a report to the police station. But I guess each policeman works differently from the other as is often the case with departments here. And you're right in that the system is bad.

yes, case to case of course is handled differently. think cops jump on cases involving westerners as they hope to make more money in fees. friend of mine was crashed into by thais and the thais wanted him to pay for their damaged car.  my friend had it all on dashcam and took it to the cops. he was a bit disgruntled he had to pay 1000thb to the cops to sort it out when he was clearly not at fault. was a lot cheaper than paying the excess to fix the other car.

Minburi police told Daily News that they know who the attackers are.

Minburi police avoided to told Daily News they were associated with the debt collector attackers.

...No I'm joking :post-4641-1156694572:

3 hours ago, Wiggy said:

The police seem to know this was a loan shark related hit because the woman hadn't made her payments on time. The woman may well not want to press charges because of the repercussions which might involve other members of her family - some loan sharks are quite powerful and influential figures so the police are saying to the woman, which way do you want to go with this.

4 hours ago, Thechook said:

All I can say is Bastards.

Don't fret about their parentage... the bigger bastards, in my opinion, are those who stand by taking videos and the other bystanders who do not raise a finger to help... is there no chivalry in Thailand???

I also suspect it might be a loan shark case - I don't think that a gang would attack an old woman like that for no reason.

The beating was exaggerated, and inappropriate for that kind of person.

Now I have a question (and I'm not supporting the beating, just want to see what others think), if you give a loan to a woman and she fails to repay it because "she has no money", and uses the argument "I'm a girl, you can't hit me", assuming that the court fees would be higher than the loan, what would you do?

I own a few apartment buildings and I had a guy who was constantly paying the rent late. One time, he was 4 months late and said "I have no money". I waited for him to go to work, showed up with a big moving truck, took all his furniture to a nearby warehouse, and removed the door of the house. I patiently waited for his return and informed him that he would get his stuff back as soon as he paid the rent he owed me. He really cried and said he had no money. My answer: "Not my problem, call someone". He called his father who brought a cash payment 2 hours later, and I brought his stuff back. With the "proper motivation", people find enough money to repay any loan. That lady probably lacked that "proper motivation". Just my thoughts on the situation in the video, maybe I'm wrongly interpreting this. Nevertheless, there are more peaceful ways to resolve this kind of situation.

9 minutes ago, SiamBeast said:

I also suspect it might be a loan shark case - I don't think that a gang would attack an old woman like that for no reason.

The beating was exaggerated, and inappropriate for that kind of person.

Now I have a question (and I'm not supporting the beating, just want to see what others think), if you give a loan to a woman and she fails to repay it because "she has no money", and uses the argument "I'm a girl, you can't hit me", assuming that the court fees would be higher than the loan, what would you do?

I own a few apartment buildings and I had a guy who was constantly paying the rent late. One time, he was 4 months late and said "I have no money". I waited for him to go to work, showed up with a big moving truck, took all his furniture to a nearby warehouse, and removed the door of the house. I patiently waited for his return and informed him that he would get his stuff back as soon as he paid the rent he owed me. He really cried and said he had no money. My answer: "Not my problem, call someone". He called his father who brought a cash payment 2 hours later, and I brought his stuff back. With the "proper motivation", people find enough money to repay any loan. That lady probably lacked that "proper motivation". Just my thoughts on the situation in the video, maybe I'm wrongly interpreting this. Nevertheless, there are more peaceful ways to resolve this kind of situation.

There is no excuse for a mob of guys putting the boot in on any bird for whatever reason..

If it is because of a debt to gangsters, this manifest a true failure on the part of Thai men to protect helpless citizens from such organized thuggery and profiteering, which I believe is a core problem, and a much more pressing a matter than the prostitution that serves it.

1 minute ago, transam said:

There is no excuse for a mob of guys putting the boot in on any bird for whatever reason..

Right - I'm not advocating beating an old lady, I'm asking what other solutions do you have when facing a deadbeat non-repayer when the loan terms were clearly agreed and followed by the book by the loan shark. I'd personally never be able to hit an old woman, and there are surely better ways to handle the situation.

Edited by SiamBeast

4 hours ago, tracker1 said:

The victim filed a complaint and police are waiting on medical reports of her injuries before arresting those responsible. 

Minburi police told Daily News that they know who the attackers are.

We are just giving the offenders enough time to dissapear !

Total Disgrace !

My thoughts exactly, but the report was inaccurate as it said Thai MEN,  well not in my bloody book, worthless scumbags not men. 

Why the delay? 

The complaint filed, drag the useless oxygen thieves in and make sure they get shot whilst escaping. 

Just now, SiamBeast said:

Right - I'm not advocating beating an old lady, I'm asking what other solutions do you have when facing a deadbeat non-repayer. I'd personally never be able to hit

Then they shouldn't lend dosh to "deadbeats" in the first place..

3 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Can someone please compile some footage of all these lowlife acts done by thais and put the montage on youtube with the heading AMAZING THAILAND.

Step up.

What's stopping you?

3 hours ago, Prbkk said:

Disgraceful but it is noted that assurances from the good General that loan-sharking is under control appear to be premature.

BTW, the punt in the orange shirt should have his testicles removed . Repulsive creature.

.....and forced to eat them.

Totally disguesting and unbelievable!!  Looks

like Thailand is turning into a Nation of Savages.

Tourists will certainly fear for their safety and

stop visiting Thailand, incident after incident seem

to occur weekly and the police allow this to go on,

so sad, The reputation of The Kingdom is being

destroyed by these gangs!!