renewing motorbike tax in Pattaya

Jen65

Is it necessary to go all the way out to Highway 36 ( near international school) to renew bike tax  ( no test required )  or can it be done more locally ???  Jomtien or Pattaya ??

There are tons of places that will do all the paperwork for you.

Just look for the picture of the yellow cog or sprocket which signifies an MOT centre.

They will charge you for the service of course.

As you ride out of Pattaya towards bkk, where the road branches right over a flyover (motorbike not allowed) Keep left and there is is a garage on the left there, where some insurance shops are. If you are in the garage you are looking at the side of the flyover as it rises.

You can go to the south Pattaya Big C (upstairs near the camera shop) on saturday mornings 9 till 1pm where they have a mini DLT....you will need to have already bought compulsory insurance (Por Ror Bor) and present it along with green book
if / when bike is over 5 years old you have to present a "test" certificate in order to get the insurance.

4 hours ago, chrissables said:

As you ride out of Pattaya towards bkk, where the road branches right over a flyover (motorbike not allowed) Keep left and there is is a garage on the left there, where some insurance shops are. If you are in the garage you are looking at the side of the flyover as it rises.

That's where I've been going for years. Going tomorrow morning to do the car and bike.

17 hours ago, chrissables said:

It is about two doors away from Euro PVC. 

37 minutes ago, BWPattaya said:

It is about two doors away from Euro PVC. 

Yes, this is where I've been going for years,  a few doors down is a gym,  just put in,  car or motorbike, they do all the work if bike or car is 5 years or older takes a bit more time depending on how many others around. After go into office,  pay for registration and insurance, pick up the next day. 

There is a bunch throughout town, but whenever you look never seem to be able to come up with them?

Thank christ I noticed this , my bike was due 3rd May, I use that one opposite the Highway 7 on ramp on Sukhumvit, been going there for years, looks like it will have to be tomorrow now, can't imagine they will be open today.

Thanks to all for that info - will check out both options - Big C on Saturday or the garage on Sukhumvit .   Can delete / disregard this topic now  

5 hours ago, Pungdo said:

Thank christ I noticed this , my bike was due 3rd May, I use that one opposite the Highway 7 on ramp on Sukhumvit, been going there for years, looks like it will have to be tomorrow now, can't imagine they will be open today.

They're open. I'm here now. 

20170510_145543.jpg

On 09/05/2017 at 2:02 PM, johng said:

You can go to the south Pattaya Big C (upstairs near the camera shop) on saturday mornings 9 till 1pm where they have a mini DLT....you will need to have already bought compulsory insurance (Por Ror Bor) and present it along with green book
if / when bike is over 5 years old you have to present a "test" certificate in order to get the insurance.

Are they still doing this at Big C on Saturday, i heard somewhere it had stopped.

On 09/05/2017 at 2:02 PM, johng said:

The operating hours are not set in stone. I usually get my tax there but some Saturdays there's nobody there and other times they could be still there at 3 in the afternoon.

Are they still doing this at Big C on Saturday, i heard somewhere it had stopped.

The DLT is still there
(most saturdays) what stoped was the insurance companies in the row of shop houses opposite..stoped opening on weekends so now
(if you want to DIY)
you either get insurance on a week day and tax on Saturday. Or go to one of the nearby test centers (with cog wheel sign) first do vehicle check if necessary and have them issue a compulsory Por Ror Bor insurance then go to Big C and get the tax disc and update blue/green book.

The operating hours are not set in stone. I usually get my tax there but some Saturdays there's nobody there and other times they could be still there at 3 in the afternoon.

Yes it is a bit hit and miss whether they are there or not...still easier and much more convenient than having to go all the way out to the Regents school...but really in these "modern" times (Thailand 4.0 and all that )
it should all (except vehicle test) be done online...and if they insist on having to update the book at every change then that should be doable at 7/11 ,Family mart etc....:rolleyes:

Just saw this thread, which is very closely related to the questions I meant to address in a separate post. Please kindly assist with concrete info, if you have recent hands-on experience with the following issues (for the record I do not speak Thai, nor I have a Thai GF/wife) :

* I own a scooter purchased and registered in Chiang Mai, that I brought with me to Pattaya some months ago. The compulsory insurance yearly sticker (Por Ror Bor ?) is now a few days overdue. I understand that office on Sukhumvit, by the flyover, will be able to supply a new sticker without me going personally to the MOT office...Will it be an issue that the bike is registered in Chiang Mai ? Any idea how much should I pay for that service (on top of the couple hundreds baths for the sticker, if I remember properly) ?

* Can those service providers also take care of having my scooter registration changed to a Pattaya number plate ? And if so, for how much ? The reason is that I plan to sell it soon and would like to have everything up to date and in order for the future buyer.

* What are the steps to follow when selling a motorbike to an individual, what precautions to take, documents to provide ?

Appreciate any help/guidance from people who had to both register and renew insurance for a motorbike purchased in a different province !

8 hours ago, ACIPENSER said:

Just saw this thread, which is very closely related to the questions I meant to address in a separate post. Please kindly assist with concrete info, if you have recent hands-on experience with the following issues (for the record I do not speak Thai, nor I have a Thai GF/wife) :

* I own a scooter purchased and registered in Chiang Mai, that I brought with me to Pattaya some months ago. The compulsory insurance yearly sticker (Por Ror Bor ?) is now a few days overdue. I understand that office on Sukhumvit, by the flyover, will be able to supply a new sticker without me going personally to the MOT office...Will it be an issue that the bike is registered in Chiang Mai ? Any idea how much should I pay for that service (on top of the couple hundreds baths for the sticker, if I remember properly) ?

* Can those service providers also take care of having my scooter registration changed to a Pattaya number plate ? And if so, for how much ? The reason is that I plan to sell it soon and would like to have everything up to date and in order for the future buyer.

* What are the steps to follow when selling a motorbike to an individual, what precautions to take, documents to provide ?

Appreciate any help/guidance from people who had to both register and renew insurance for a motorbike purchased in a different province !

Do you have the papperwork for the bike in your name, but  with the Chiang Mai address?

I am sure the shop can't register it, or won't, as you need to go to the transport office in Chonburi city to do so.

You need the usual copies of passport, visa, proof of address from immigration etc.

I did this myself a few years ago. I can't remember the cost, it was a pain in the arse as you go, leave the paperwork, then go back to collect the new plate and book.

22 minutes ago, chrissables said:

I can't remember the cost, it was a pain in the arse as you go, leave the paperwork, then go back to collect the new plate and book.

If one is that lazy/inconvenienced, one could hire a mocy taxi man to go pick up the plate & paper instead.

Just now, papa al said:

If one is that lazy/inconvenienced, one could hire a mocy taxi man to go pick up the plate & paper instead.

I mean't to back the following day. So two trips Pattaya to Chonburi and back on seperate days.

Riding is not an issue, but it's not exactly a nice ride to Chonburi! Also i am not sure how it works, but unless a registered agent, they should not be handing out your green book and numberplate to just anyone i would think.

11 hours ago, ACIPENSER said:

.Will it be an issue that the bike is registered in Chiang Mai ? Any idea how much should I pay for that service (on top of the couple hundreds baths for the sticker, if I remember properly) ?

There is no need to change the registration to a new province

you can pay  tax and insurance in any province no mater what the registration plate says.

As for selling, again there is no need for you to do change provinces let the new buyer deal with all that...they may live in another province anyway and so would have to change it all again.

The people at the testing centers can help with all this stuff if you don't want to run around yourself  look for this sign

post-2109-0-09307200-1357115893.gif

some forms and how to fill them in  inside the rar file

Vehicle transfer2.rar

from my notes yet again

Thai seller needs to supply
Signed copy of  ID card  front and back ( not expired )
Signed copy of house registration ( not always required )
signed  " nungsue moub umnart "   หนังสือมอบอำนาจ ( if seller is not going with you to DLT )
signed  "beb  kum kor own le rup own "  แบบคำขอโอนและรับโอน    ขส.บ. ท. - 11
green/ blue book signed by current owner

Foreigner seller needs to supply
certificate of residence from immigration ( should be free at immigration but varies from place to place )
For foreign seller, instead of certificate of residence also work permit or yellow housebook is accepted.
if foreign seller has left Thailand then a signed copy of the exit from Thailand stamp in their passport instead of residence certificate and valid visa stamp.
(Certificate of residence not required in all provinces ?    / DLT's Pattaya requires it )
sometimes the police station will give you this document too.
copy passport photo page
copy of visa page and or extension  ( not expired )
signed  " nungsue moub umnart "  หนังสือมอบอำนาจ ( if seller is not going with you to DLT )
signed  "beb  kum kor own le rup own "  แบบคำขอโอนและรับโอน    ขส.บ. ท. - 11 ( if seller is not going with you to DLT )
green/blue book signed by current owner

So list of provinces where residence certificate is required ( from foreign seller ) so far is
Chonburi/Pattaya  yes
Nakhornratchasima/Korat  yes
Khon Kaen  ??
Buriram for sure yes
Chiang Mai ?   yes @ramrod711
BKK ?

So mini DLT at Big C  Saturdays 09-00 till 15-00  AA insurance now closed on weekends
If the vehicle has a number plate from another province  then you ( the new buyer not the seller )
must either  change the  ownership name in that province
or goto the MAIN DLT for your province and have them " move" the vehicle to your province  this requires a new number plate and 2 or more trips
before the whole process of name change and province change is completed.

2 hours ago, Richard-BKK said:

Pattaya and Jomtien not have 7-Eleven?

why ?  can you now buy tax and insurance  and have them issue a tax disc and update the blue/green book at  7-Eleven  if so that certainly would be convenient !   :shock1:

1 hour ago, johng said:

There is no need to change the registration to a new province

you can pay  tax and insurance in any province no mater what the registration plate says.

As for selling, again there is no need for you to do change provinces let the new buyer deal with all that...they may live in another province anyway and so would have to change it all again.

The people at the testing centers can help with all this stuff if you don't want to run around yourself  look for this sign

post-2109-0-09307200-1357115893.gif

some forms and how to fill them in  inside the rar file

Vehicle transfer2.rar

from my notes yet again

Thank you very much for your detailed reply. I will renew the compulsory insurance and tax sticker right away, at one of the places mentioned by several contributors, and will sell my scooter with its original plates, as it doesn't seem to be a major issue to keep them on.

4 hours ago, ACIPENSER said:

Thank you very much for your detailed reply. I will renew the compulsory insurance and tax sticker right away, at one of the places mentioned by several contributors, and will sell my scooter with its original plates, as it doesn't seem to be a major issue to keep them on.

There was a lot of info in his reply, very good info.

But if i was buying a bike here in Pattaya, i would expect you to make sure it's registered here and have the number plate from here. Or i would allow the cost of doing it myself taken off the price of the bike.

On 5/13/2017 at 4:40 PM, chrissables said:

There was a lot of info in his reply, very good info.

But if i was buying a bike here in Pattaya, i would expect you to make sure it's registered here and have the number plate from here. Or i would allow the cost of doing it myself taken off the price of the bike.

Well, while I get your point, why bother with that as long as it is allowed to keep driving with another province plate ? As long as one is able to renew the compulsory yearly insurance/tax, it's up to the buyer to keep it that way or transfer to a local plate...No one is talking about changing to local immat as being a legal obligation. Am I correct ? That's what I have understood from this thread and other related ones.

10 hours ago, ACIPENSER said:

Well, while I get your point, why bother with that as long as it is allowed to keep driving with another province plate ? As long as one is able to renew the compulsory yearly insurance/tax, it's up to the buyer to keep it that way or transfer to a local plate...No one is talking about changing to local immat as being a legal obligation. Am I correct ? That's what I have understood from this thread and other related ones.

I agree actually, maybe just thinking UK style, move address, change vehicle paperwork.

It seems strange that is is not the law the register it where you live though.

• 3 months later...