Lumpini For Cars

corkscrew

These things cost around 4.5 million new so not really for your average middle class Thai. To get more respect I would have gone for a Mazda RX8 or Nissan 350Z.

And at least you would have something original....Mercedes Benz is not what makes people say...wow anymore....

Midle class can afford it, I see some around me....No home, but an expensive car !

A womans car!! Or one of those creepy farangs that work the boiler rooms...Buys a car for about three time the price they are going for in another country and thinks he is smart!!

Corkscrew certainly isn't a boiler room guy.

I bet he owns a Mercedes dealership! :o

i agree , gentle chiding should be allowed , but some of the comments here are nothing more than outright jealousy from poverty stricken and cheapskate isuzu owning hicks.

corkscrew is i'm sure a fine fellow , and its a sad reflection of the lack of generosity of spirit of thai visa posters that just because he drives around in an overpriced dinky little girls car and reminds us all incessantly about it that he should be attacked so much.

While he may be a fine fellow.. And I agree theres probably more than a little jealousy being vented..

Anyone that puts his cars in his sig, and his avatar, and constantly posts about them.. Asks to be ridiculed.

Someone has fallen a little too far into the Thai face thing methinks.

Hey, I am a car guy and think so is corkscrew. Car guys do not make fun of what a person drives. Kinda like making fun of someones wife or kids, not polite. The nice thing about being a car guy is when we get together we talk about cars or bikes and everyone is an equal whether you are a doctor or a janitor. The only thing that matters is you have a love for cars or bikes. So, maybe you are not a car guy but this is a Motor Forum and there are alot of car guys here posting answers to non car guy questions. Be Polite

Thanks,

rdrokit

Edited by Rdrokit

i think some people are just passing their opinions of where the little benzette stands in the general heirarchy of posemobiles.

it may be a competent machine for european highways , but it is , as a mode of transport ,thoroughly inpractical , especially for thailand , and unfortunately it is clothed in a cliched design that attracts adverse comment from many.

add to that the fact that that fine fellow corkscrew chooses to post photos of the thing at every opportunity and it is no wonder that some replies are less than polite.

i'm sure corkscrew is not bothered by all this , and if he was he would be singing the praises of his other benz , the S 280 , a far more dignified and appropriate machine.

personally i cant understand why he doesnt do the decent thing and get himself a range rover.

I agree that the S is a much more practical car for a family. But since my wife and I use cars daily we figured that a second car need not be a sedan. For me the SLK is perfect for my use in Bangkok (where we live) as it is easy to park and it likes the narrow soi on which we live. And, though underpowerd by European standards, it is fine for Bangkok. Last night we drove up Ratchadamri looking at the holiday lights with the top down. We could see so much and it was fun.

On other car forums it is customary to post car photos...admitedly, the other forums that I belong to are dedicated car forums...like the MB club of Thailand. Here it is more of a general discussion, I understand.

i think some people are just passing their opinions of where the little benzette stands in the general heirarchy of posemobiles.

it may be a competent machine for european highways , but it is , as a mode of transport ,thoroughly inpractical , especially for thailand , and unfortunately it is clothed in a cliched design that attracts adverse comment from many.

add to that the fact that that fine fellow corkscrew chooses to post photos of the thing at every opportunity and it is no wonder that some replies are less than polite.

i'm sure corkscrew is not bothered by all this , and if he was he would be singing the praises of his other benz , the S 280 , a far more dignified and appropriate machine.

personally i cant understand why he doesnt do the decent thing and get himself a range rover.

this is my favourite benz design , solid purposeful and timeless.

lots of these oldtimers are used as taxis in thailands southern provinces.

designwise i think mercedes lost the plot about 10 years ago , they lost the classic simplicity and elegance that made them so desireable. the more glitzy korean look they have now appeals to asians and americans more than europeans.