Thaiexpattv

jonesthepost

10 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

quite happy this has happened as my tv bill just went from 1500baht month to 250 baht!

old: expat tv + 365sport premium

new: www.uk-tv.asia (awesome btw) + ilikeHD basic sports package & beta player

Quite agree George.

ilikeHD - does it include Skysports and BT Sport? Also can you confirm it is currently working?

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Yes it's definitely working, did you download from the website, I have V 3.4.153.

Yes, direct from their website though it doesnt show the version number as it never gets beyond the "connecting to licence server" message which overlays the place where the version number is shown.

I tried it with my VPN also and it still doesnt work, so it cant be a 3BB/DNS problem. Strange.

I'll try it on my laptop later.

19 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Everything in the world is a pain in the a**e for people who don't know how to use it.

This is what people like you fail to understand, one of the things about expat is the simplicity of operation, my wife loved it.

If you wish to fart about with the 'free' options that is up to you but do not try and make out its the best thing since sliced bread.

Expat is back up and running, watched Masterchef and Question Time last night, bit disappointed with the reduced channels, wanted to watch King Charles III.

Their handling of the situation is a bit pathetic, I am off to the UK in a few weeks and my subscription runs out when I am away so see what the position is when I get back.

Just now, sandyf said:

This is what people like you fail to understand, one of the things about expat is the simplicity of operation, my wife loved it.

If you wish to fart about with the 'free' options that is up to you but do not try and make out its the best thing since sliced bread.

Yes, I pay for the simplicity and above all the 7-day catch-up. I used to have a UK Tivo in Europe and havent watched live TV for more than 12 years. Once you lose the habit it's hard to go back.

When initially signing on to Thai Expat TV just received basic channels as others have stated. However when I switch on my VPN, use IPVanish, and link to Singapore not only do I receive all the premium channels but also the Australian channels that I do not subscribe to.

47 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Get them using what software?

Thai expat  v2.02, was an automatic upgrade yesterday, will run on my imac and mac book, can then use large TV screen to watch, still very limited on my android box

9 minutes ago, New beginnings said:

When initially signing on to Thai Expat TV just received basic channels as others have stated. However when I switch on my VPN, use IPVanish, and link to Singapore not only do I receive all the premium channels but also the Australian channels that I do not subscribe to.

WOW!!!

Confirmed, Ivacy VPN to Singapore! (works from the US too, so I suspect any VPN outside Thailand will work)

Untitled-1.jpg

As to how long for ...

2 minutes ago, Crossy said:

WOW!!!

Confirmed, Ivacy VPN to Singapore! (works from the US too, so I suspect any VPN outside Thailand will work)

Untitled-1.jpg

Yes I get all this on the imac  with VPN linked to USA but still not on the android box, so surely only a matter of time

patience maybe

1 minute ago, al007 said:

Yes I get all this on the imac  with VPN linked to USA but still not on the android box, so surely only a matter of time

patience maybe

I don't have the box, but the Android app on my phone when coupled with the VPN (a different VPN provider by the way) gives me all the channels :smile:

7 minutes ago, al007 said:

Thai expat  v2.02, was an automatic upgrade yesterday,

I've had that for some time on my PC.

I think you are getting the full channel package because of your VPN and other posts would seem to confirm this.

27 minutes ago, sandyf said:

No idea what you mean with simplicity, since i don't use expat tv, but I can't imagine anything easier to use than this.

guide.JPG.646ac2e5debe204b3beeaa7c028ecf5f.JPGguide2.JPG.9463cc6478d963a38ec56c8a4acd4f08.JPG

46 minutes ago, JCH2412 said:

As of 09:30 still no joy with 365 Sport. Its a shame because the service has been great over the last few years. However it is not looking good. My priority is sport, does anyone have an alternative option to 365 Sport? I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with watchglobal.tv? http://www.watchglobal.tv/ any feedback would be appreciated.

I use watchglobal.tv they have a massive channel lineup including all the sports channels from UK, US and Canada. All channels are live with no catch up available. The service always works well.

22 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Yes, I pay for the simplicity and above all the 7-day catch-up. I used to have a UK Tivo in Europe and havent watched live TV for more than 12 years. Once you lose the habit it's hard to go back.

I get 10 days catch up, introduced a while back, which is very useful and also the recording facility.

When I built my house about 7 years ago I had a large dish fitted and we used to watch movies on the foreign channels that were in English but they all disappeared in favour of dubbed movies. I tried various ways of trying to get TV but they were all a bit of a hassle till I came across expat. Be a bit of a pain if I have to start messing about again.

46 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

quite happy this has happened as my tv bill just went from 1500baht month to 250 baht!

old: expat tv + 365sport premium

new: www.uk-tv.asia (awesome btw) + ilikeHD basic sports package & beta player

result 
:smile:

moral of the story.. i wouldn't have searched for this thread if expat/365 had done the decent thing and emailed an update or replied to my email (even cut and paste would have done)

thanks to Crossy for the uk-tv recommendation.. feeds are solid, 7 day rollback, nice tv guide and more channels :partytime2:

Does ilikeHD have catch up. Do they carry Premier sports?

6 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

No idea what you mean with simplicity, since i don't use expat tv, but I can't imagine anything easier to use than this.

guide.JPG.646ac2e5debe204b3beeaa7c028ecf5f.JPGguide2.JPG.9463cc6478d963a38ec56c8a4acd4f08.JPG

How do you pick any programme that has been aired in the last 10 days?

2 minutes ago, sandyf said:

How do you pick any programme that has been aired in the last 10 days?

From the sports replay addons I pick any sports event that has been aired in the last 2 months at least, some sports disciplines like F1 or Moto GP even the whole season.

For catch up live tv I select just one of the catch up addons, and i get more than only UK channels in catch up

32 minutes ago, Crossy said:

WOW!!!

Untitled-1.jpg

As to how long for ...

I tried a free vpn and got the same channels but found the sky movies and CNN were not available but most of the main ones seemed to be.

11 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

From the sports replay addons I pick any sports event that has been aired in the last 2 months at least, some sports disciplines like F1 or Moto GP even the whole season.

For catch up live tv I select just one of the catch up addons, and i get more than only UK channels in catch up

This is simplicity.

guide.jpg

Archived