Thaiexpattv

jonesthepost

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because of things like this I avoid anything with a money up front approach here unless the amount is minimal. You can understand all manner of glitches that could happen but not keeping paying customers informed is bad form but sadly, I think, typical of many outfits that operate here. Wouldn't trust them as far as I could spit. All well and good while things are going their way and they're coining it in. Then trouble hits and pfffffft. Same with the gyms here. I'd rather pay these operators monthly, if at all, simply because with my luck things would go down the drain the day after I coughed up for a year. Hope it all comes back ok for those that have stumped up the cash though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would someone here be so kind as to give a basic recap of what's the current status of the Thai Expat TV programming?

I've read thru many of the 15 current pages in the thread, and the discussion has branched out into talk of various other services, but seemingly left the status of Thai Expat TV kind of vague.

--Is Thai Expat TV providing programming currently, and if so, what portion of what they had original provided?

--Has the provider itself ever responded to any of the customer service requests, etc as to what's behind the current problem?

--More broadly across the other similar services, are they also broadly impacted, or it's just the EPL sports content that been taken down?

Thanks...

Thai Expat TV, together with all other stream providers in Thailand, doesn't provide anything original. They may have a caching server to speed up streams they pilfer from dubious sources when accessed within Thailand, but that's it.

If you want to find out the legality, check which registered company you are paying for the service...

I have mentioned several times on Thai Visa that I have used Watchglobal.tv for a few years. All the sports channels still work. I have been watching the Swansea match on TSN 4 from Canada. I watched the Man City match earlier on Sky. They have dozens of sports channels from UK, US, Canada and elsewhere.

You pay them monthly they don't ask for a long term commitment.

9 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Would someone here be so kind as to give a basic recap of what's the current status of the Thai Expat TV programming?

I've read thru many of the 15 current pages in the thread, and the discussion has branched out into talk of various other services, but seemingly left the status of Thai Expat TV kind of vague.

--Is Thai Expat TV providing programming currently, and if so, what portion of what they had original provided?

--Has the provider itself ever responded to any of the customer service requests, etc as to what's behind the current problem?

--More broadly across the other similar services, are they also broadly impacted, or it's just the EPL sports content that been taken down?

Thanks...

Expat TV is currently on my screen.its reduced to BBC World, BBC News, BBC 1  &4, ITV 2,3 and 4, Film ,4,,5 Gone are Sky ,Aust TV,CNN and others.I got an initial reply when it went down Thurs ? but nothing since. They originally said their techs were looking at the problem which was just fob off,its far more than that.

365 which is run ,I believe my the same team, has gone completely and yes I just paid for 3 months up front

9 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

365 which is run ,I believe my the same team, has gone completely and yes I just paid for 3 months up front

Thanks for the recap, Sparkles... sorry to hear about your 3 months. I'm guessing that's one you won't be getting back.

9 minutes ago, leytonorient said:

I have mentioned several times on Thai Visa that I have used Watchglobal.tv for a few years. All the sports channels still work. I have been watching the Swansea match on TSN 4 from Canada. I watched the Man City match earlier on Sky. They have dozens of sports channels from UK, US, Canada and elsewhere.

You pay them monthly they don't ask for a long term commitment.

And there's also IPTVclub but with the current hoo ha whose to say they wont suffer a similar fate. But thank you I have added them to the list of possibilities to replace Expat and 365 who only asked to be paid monthly but small discounts for longer periods.I have actually contacted IPTV Club and received a very quick reply and I can use the set top box I got from Expat,they used to respond quickly too until the poo it hit the fan

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Thanks for the recap, Sparkles... sorry to hear about your 3 months. I'm guessing that's one you won't be getting back.

I will add it to no deposit back from True and CTH:smile: 

The following was 20 minutes ago posted on the page of a major UK based Kodi related group.I hope this explains a lot, especially to those who claim to know how the system works, and still believe that expattv, pulse, 365sport or any of the other similar services purchase their stream legitimately.

people need to understand with the clampdowns ect from major tv providers in which servers are getting blocked in peak football times, (and yes ive been told this 1st hand) the alternatives are foreign tv channels.

-The same applies to other addons- eg, Movies, Tv Shows, Live TV addons, channels linked to tv guide may go up and down, the developers are taking them down (addons/content) by the day due to the lack of clarity of what is legal and not illegal in regards to content, So what works today may not work tomorrow, we have no control over that.

And there's also IPTVclub but with the current hoo ha whose to say they wont suffer a similar fate. But thank you I have added them to the list of possibilities to replace Expat and 365 who only asked to be paid monthly but small discounts for longer periods.I have actually contacted IPTV Club and received a very quick reply and I can use the set top box I got from Expat,they used to respond quickly too until the poo it hit the fan

IPTVclub look likely to be the best source for sport if 365 or PremExpat don't resurrect themselves.
Currently enjoying a good quality live feed of the Champions Cup final.

I've lost 6 months of my subs with PremiumExpat.tv, but it still represents exceptional value compared with the <deleted> offered by True.

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

Have to agree, I decided to risk a 1000 baht with IPTV and found Sky was working. Though I'm in Germany at the moment it worked directly from Germany and through a VPN in Thailand.

Though you cant get onto the website directly from outside Asia. My AV didn't like the program though and it threw out a few warnings but other than that it seems a viable option if expat premium doesn't come back and TBH it doesn't look as though it will.

3 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

The following was 20 minutes ago posted on the page of a major UK based Kodi related group.I hope this explains a lot, especially to those who claim to know how the system works, and still believe that expattv, pulse, 365sport or any of the other similar services purchase their stream legitimately.

people need to understand with the clampdowns ect from major tv providers in which servers are getting blocked in peak football times, (and yes ive been told this 1st hand) the alternatives are foreign tv channels.

-The same applies to other addons- eg, Movies, Tv Shows, Live TV addons, channels linked to tv guide may go up and down, the developers are taking them down (addons/content) by the day due to the lack of clarity of what is legal and not illegal in regards to content, So what works today may not work tomorrow, we have no control over that.

Means nothing its add on related to kodi 3rd party installers

10 hours ago, badgerbailey said:

Just lost 900 baht as only paid the day it all went down, I thought it was a temp glitch, unfortunately not, anyway bit the bullet and subscribed to Pulse, very happy, loads more channels catchup on every channel and simple to use, highly recommended. Thanks to this thread for the suggestion.

I have been thinking of trying Pulse for a month. I have a new android box so if I subscribe how do I get the app on my box ?

1 hour ago, tugman said:

I have been thinking of trying Pulse for a month. I have a new android box so if I subscribe how do I get the app on my box ?

They will send you a link for there app. Its will also come up in your account ehen you open one with them.

The owners of ExpatTV / 365 have NOT been arrested so please stop these rumors.  They're a huge operation and would be all over the news by now, this would be a huge catch for the authorities.

Running a public facing illegal service comes with risks and very recently a list of websites was handed out to ISPs to be blocked.  Anyone that advertises their service on the web and social media are taking a huge risk, providers like ilikehd, pulse, mega, etc,  will eventually be targeted by the authorities.

There are an incredible amount of Thai sites / providers streaming movies, football, etc, those are the ones they will go after first as they're easy targets.

The main way they can go after these services at the moment is by the importation and sales of these boxes, which they're already doing.

6 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Hi no sorry not astro sport was replying that there are live games on.

Cheers.  I'll have to use those Mio channels on Saturdays from now on.  I wonder why Astrosport has disappeared?  No more of Steve McMahon's astute analysis!

5 minutes ago, tugman said:

You will have to forgive my ignorance, being an old codger but how do I do that. Thank you.

Once you can see the link it will allow you to click on it. It may give a warning these type of apps may harm ect just press yes. It will download then ask if you want to install app press yes thats it done after it installs it will be on your box. You may be asked to go to settings and tick the allow unkown soure app. Its under security in settings just tick it. 

6 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Cheers.  I'll have to use those Mio channels on Saturdays from now on.  I wonder why Astrosport has disappeared?  No more of Steve McMahon's astute analysis!

I was watching on TSN 1 and 4 as well..

Hopefully if they have lost astrosport tbey will reopen all the mio channels 

Just recived this from pulse after i raised a question.  about an hour ago.

Hi *****

Pulse TV is operating fine, i'm not sure what happened at 365 sport but we at Pulse have enough backup systems to prevent prolonged downtime of any kind. So everything is fine with us,

Regards 

Pulse-TV

18 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Once you can see the link it will allow you to click on it. It may give a warning these type of apps may harm ect just press yes. It will download then ask if you want to install app press yes thats it done after it installs it will be on your box. You may be asked to go to settings and tick the allow unkown soure app. Its under security in settings just tick it. 

Sorry once again but where do i find the link ?

11 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Thanks...

This morning (Sunday) Thai Expat TV is back to where it was before the problem. There is the full range of channels as before plus a few odd ones they threw at the problem early on.

Still no explanation or apology. I guess they have been working flat out and that PR was low priority.

yep I have full channels back on with Thai Expat TV.  However, cannot log onto to 365 Sport TV.  No server.  Anyone got an update on this please.  I did read earlier the 'arrest' story is just a rumour?

I'm leaving at the end of next week, so this is perfect timing.....  Life back to normal for me in good old blighty.

2 minutes ago, iancnx said:

yep I have full channels back on with Thai Expat TV.  However, cannot log onto to 365 Sport TV.  No server.  Anyone got an update on this please.  I did read earlier the 'arrest' story is just a rumour?

I'm leaving at the end of next week, so this is perfect timing.....  Life back to normal for me in good old blighty.

How much is it in Blighty to watch your games on tv?

The equivalent of 2000 Baht a month?

Archived