Thaiexpattv

jonesthepost

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Android player is back up, but still no BBC2 etc etc

My android and windows were available this morning with about half the channels but windows has gone down again this afternoon. Not checked the TV yet.

14 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

And Kodi is a pain in the a**e.

Not if you use the right addons.

If anyone is interested all the BBC channels (as well as US channels) are freely available and are working on the Maverick IPTV addon for Kodi.

Here is a link to the addon if you want to give it a go.

Capture132.JPG

Capture133.JPG

365 Sport still not back (mid-afternoon). I don't subscribe to Thai Expat TV but from what I've read in this forum they appear to be more responsive than their partner (?) 365 Sport. I NEVER receive any support from 365 Sport when there are issues, the only time I hear from them is when they want me to renew my subscription, otherwise my emails to them for support just go unanswered. Arrogance in the extreme. And, as someone mentioned, their website is down. If they are experiencing issues with their servers and content provision then why is the website also shut down? Very suspicious!

Interestingly last night I was unable to use the Android app Movie HD (movies and TV series), which has never failed me until now. It's up and running again today but I wonder if that was a symptom of the same problem. I'm guessing that slowly but surely the authorities, be they in the UK/Europe or here in Thailand, are starting to clamp down on these services, and potential viewers will be forced to scramble to find the ones that are staying ahead of the game.

From what I've understood, the EU court's ruling was only against the sellers of Kodi-installed boxes that come pre-loaded with (presumably copyright infringing) piracy-type add-ons.

AFAIK, the court ruling doesn't in any way prevent the selling of Android set-top boxes or even Android set-top boxes with Kodi installed on them. Just not, preconfigured with all the "piracy" add-ons.

If that ruling is enforced, it may well interfere with the business model of entities like the one in this thread that make their living selling pre-configured set-top boxes. But it certainly wouldn't be any cause for anyone to suddenly shut-down a streaming service per se.

Such are the risks and complications you can encounter when dealing with, shall we say, "grey market" providers.

11 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

From what I've understood, the EU court's ruling was only against the sellers of Kodi-installed boxes that come pre-loaded with (presumably copyright infringing) piracy-type add-ons.

AFAIK, the court ruling doesn't in any way prevent the selling of Android set-top boxes or even Android set-top boxes with Kodi installed on them. Just not, preconfigured with all the "piracy" add-ons.

If that ruling is enforced, it may well interfere with the business model of entities like the one in this thread that make their living selling pre-configured set-top boxes. But it certainly wouldn't be any cause for anyone to suddenly shut-down a streaming service per se.

Such are the risks and complications you can encounter when dealing with, shall we say, "grey market" providers.

The ruling by the CJEU was against box seller, but there was a separate ruling by a high UK court that goes against the stream providers, and that may be the reason that many of these services will close shop now.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/03/08/high-court-approves-premier-league-crackdown-kodi-streaming/

Football fans who watch live matches for free via popular Kodi set-top boxes face a crackdown after the High Court approved a Premier League effort to shut down unlicensed streams online.

Mr Justice Arnold approved an order for Britain’s top four broadband providers BT, Sky, TalkTalk and Virgin Media to block connections to the servers that host pirated streams of matches.

“This will enable us to target the suppliers of illegal streams to IPTV boxes, and the internet, in a proportionate and precise manner.”

21 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

The ruling by the CJEU was against box seller, but there was a separate ruling by a high UK court that goes against the stream providers, and that may be the reason that many of these services will close shop now.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/03/08/high-court-approves-premier-league-crackdown-kodi-streaming/

Football fans who watch live matches for free via popular Kodi set-top boxes face a crackdown after the High Court approved a Premier League effort to shut down unlicensed streams online.

Mr Justice Arnold approved an order for Britain’s top four broadband providers BT, Sky, TalkTalk and Virgin Media to block connections to the servers that host pirated streams of matches.

“This will enable us to target the suppliers of illegal streams to IPTV boxes, and the internet, in a proportionate and precise manner.”

Thanks! I wasn't aware of that separate ruling. That certainly could have the potential to impact broader re-broadcast streaming services, at least those that rely on the big UK internet providers. There are, of course, lots of other countries and ISPs where that same content gets broadcast.

3 hours ago, sumrit said:

This is the same UKTV player that the original UKTV used before they merged with Thai Expat TV a few years ago. Expat continued to support this player as well as their own  on windows PC's until very recently, when they told customers everybody should change over to the Expat player. For those of us who continued to monitor the old system we found that (apart from some temporary closures that lasted a few days each time) it still worked. We also received various messages confirming its availability from Thai Expat, with added programming from other countries. I got the impression that it was still owned by Thai Expat but they (eventually) intended to run it as an independent system with the extra programming appealing to a wider audience in more countries.

I have the impression that ThaiExpat dont actually own a lot and just get feeds from another provider, though they may mirror the content locally.

The fact the the older UKTV player continued to work correctly would seem to support this.

Also I have previously noticed that following probable hard drive crashes the channels available have returned erratically over several hours/days, and that some come back with full 7-day content but others have had the buffer wiped.

7 hours ago, worgeordie said:

UKTV.webtv.to  is very similar to expattv, but FREE and its working.

regards Worgeordie

Thanks. I downloaded, but when I play a programme it starts with a picture for a nano second, and then only audio. Is there a magic key that I need, or am I just being dim?

3 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

BBC Iplayer is TODAY available for free on Kodi, the rumours about what MAY happen in the next few weeks, are not facts.

Actually as far as I know it is a fact that access to Iplayer will require a password very soon. There is nothing new about this as the decision was made last year and authorisation was given to the BBC at that time.

Probably worth clarifying that (at least for now) the password will merely serve to identify individual users and to allow them individual access. The login will be based on individual email addresses and will NOT be dependent on owning a TV licence, nor will there be any link between a login and a licence. For now.

40 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Actually as far as I know it is a fact that access to Iplayer will require a password very soon. There is nothing new about this as the decision was made last year and authorisation was given to the BBC at that time.

Probably worth clarifying that (at least for now) the password will merely serve to identify individual users and to allow them individual access. The login will be based on individual email addresses and will NOT be dependent on owning a TV licence, nor will there be any link between a login and a licence. For now.

Already sorted daughter in uk registered using my email address. With the use of VPN no problem.

You can of course watch Sky News UK etc on you tube live ,pretty poor substitution.

Trying to absorb all this technical info but it looks like most of us are stuffed.

I'm a news and sports tragic and losing ,what I thought was fitting very nicely into my lifestyle,has left me in a state of total depression.

I did watch Manchester United v Celta Vigo live on my wifes IPM service this morning,at 2am, are they not included in this crackdown ?

12 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

You can of course watch Sky News UK etc on you tube live ,pretty poor substitution.

Trying to absorb all this technical info but it looks like most of us are stuffed.

I'm a news and sports tragic and losing ,what I thought was fitting very nicely into my lifestyle,has left me in a state of total depression.

I did watch Manchester United v Celta Vigo live on my wifes IPM service this morning,at 2am, are they not included in this crackdown ?

Misinformation its not a crack down its a a server issue. My iptv is as stable as ever

Thanks to Thai Visa forum contributors to this thread, I do at least have a few options for watching BBC2, my favourite channel by a mile. None of them have the 9 day catch up or ease of use of Thai Expat TV. I hope it comes back because as Sparkles says, Thai Expat TV set my viewing patterns. I would happily buy a UK TV licence from over here in order to get the service back. 

5 minutes ago, jonesthepost said:

To me it looks like a crackdown on Skysports and their pay channels as all other uk channels can be seen.

It's a crack down on channels showing premier league. The broadcasters have got the free hand in shutting down the servers that stream premier league without a court warrant. Unfortunately if the shut down such a server they are not selective in that they will allow that server to still stream their other pay channels, or whatever.

When the server is taken offline so goes everything attached to it.

11 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Well that goes against what has been reported by some in this 7 page thread.

I keep getting www.MegaexpatTV.com pop up on my facebook page anyone have that ?

People are unfortunately misinformed and spread rummors especialy on here. Kodi has nothing to fear. The third party addonns have a little to worry about but i very much doubt they will go after them. Mainly they will target the easy meat, the ones who sell IPTV devices with Kodi and the 3rd party add onns alrwady onstalled IPTV suppliers like Expat TV/pulse tv and mega tv will have no worries. They purchase the selection they have legitimately. 

1 minute ago, jeab1980 said:

They purchase the selection they have legitimately. 

Nothing could be further from the truth,.

There is no legal way to purchase the rights to stream Sky sports in Thailand, because other broadcasters have the rights in Thailand to stream the same content.

Just now, janclaes47 said:

Nothing could be further from the truth,.

There is no legal way to purchase the rights to stream Sky sports in Thailand, because other broadcasters have the rights in Thailand to stream the same content.

I suggest you contact an iptv provider they will tell you. Most purchase the licence in europe via a third party not thailand. Just a question for you which other broadcaster  has the rights to stream sky sports ?? In Thailand. Genuine question thanks

15 minutes ago, jonesthepost said:

To me it looks like a crackdown on Skysports and their pay channels as all other uk channels can be seen.

365 Sport utilises other companies to provide its sport. So it does not follow the pattern of just excluding Skysports.

If it was just exluding them, why did everything else just shutdown?

Still hopeful of a return for the weekend sports......fingers crossed!

Just now, jeab1980 said:

I suggest you contact an iptv provider they will tell you. Most purchase the licence in europe via a third party not thailand. Just a question for you which other broadcaster  has the rights to stream sky sports ?? In Thailand. Genuine question thanks

I didn't say any broadcaster has the rights to stream Sky sports in Thailand, because Sky doesn't have a broadcasting license in Thailand.

What I said is other broadcasters have the rights to the same content that Sky broadcasts in the countries which they have a license, which as far as I'm aware is UK, Germany and Italy.

5 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

I suggest you contact an iptv provider they will tell you

I suggest you contact Sky UK and ask them if there is a legal way to watch Sky sports in Thailand.

If there is they will be more than happy to tell you.

8 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

I didn't say any broadcaster has the rights to stream Sky sports in Thailand, because Sky doesn't have a broadcasting license in Thailand.

What I said is other broadcasters have the rights to the same content that Sky broadcasts in the countries which they have a license, which as far as I'm aware is UK, Germany and Italy.

Which is why the IPTV providers have servers on europe

7 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

I suggest you contact Sky UK and ask them if there is a legal way to watch Sky sports in Thailand.

There we have it miss truths again

1 minute ago, jeab1980 said:
8 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

There we have it miss truths again

Let us know when you have the answer from Sky.

The rivals are paying a total of £5.1bn over three years to show top-flight domestic matches.

A Premier League spokesman said: “For the first time this will enable the Premier League to disrupt and prevent the illegal streaming of our matches via Kodi boxes.

sky-logo-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqDHhMJdy

Archived