Apply for SETV in Phnom Penh

Begin June will go to Phnom Phen to get 3 month SETV after I got a METV of 6 months in my country Belgium. It my first tourist visa as before the consulate gave me a 1 year Visa "O"

What all of papers I will have to bring? Which files to download from immigration and to fill in?

Read in the past here that there are agents where you bring your Passport and they will do everything. Which one is good and charge normal? How many days they need?

Nothing from immigration since you will be going to a embassy. The only form that you will need is the embassies application form.

Most people use a agent because they can arrange to get the visa quicker than the normal 3 days.

• 2 weeks later...

I did mine recentely, paid 52$ in Indochine2 Hotel, I guess you could get it a bit cheaper, but is it worth to run around the whole afternoon just to save maybe 3$. The actual cost is 40$, I had the visa form filled out already on my computer, I had also flight tickets and bank statements, so probably I could have gone myself.

However, another question. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere on Thaivisa in the past that there might be problems if you have "too much history" in your passport. That's also why I avoided Phnom Penh the last 3 years, although I had only one SETV issued from them. Got a new passport now, and so far only a METV, and a SETV from PNH inside. I'm starting already to consider locations for next years SETV, as I need to book a ticket anyway out of Thailand for my METV. Is Phnom Penh a option, or could they make trouble?

One should be OK - but be aware, they gave me the "travels here frequently" stamp on my 2nd one from them (both through Lucky Moto) - which means I could not get a TR visa in Vientiane, either (I tried - proof of money, foreign income-source, residence, etc made no difference).  I did manage to get one in Savanahket with their list of needed-items to spite PP's warning-stamp.

Edited by JackThompson

29 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

One should be OK - but be aware, they gave me the "travels here frequently" stamp on my 2nd one from them (both through Lucky Moto) - which means I could not get a TR visa in Vientiane, either (I tried - proof of money, foreign income-source, residence, etc made no difference).  I did manage to get one in Savanahket with their list of needed-items to spite PP's warning-stamp.

Were that 2 TR in a row? In my case, I would first get a METV before going to Phnom Penh again, otherwise I choose Vientiane. Then I can trow the ticket away as I do this trip always with the bike.

8 minutes ago, jethro69 said:

Were that 2 TR in a row? In my case, I would first get a METV before going to Phnom Penh again, otherwise I choose Vientiane. Then I can trow the ticket away as I do this trip always with the bike.

Yes, it was in a row.  Not sure if going somewhere else in between would have made a difference.  If no other PP Thai-visa in your current-passport, you should be OK.