Paralysed elderly woman found with son’s decomposing body

webfact

Paralysed elderly woman found with son’s decomposing body
By The Nation

UBON RATCHATHANI: -- An 84-year-old woman was found living alone in a house in Ubon Ratchathani province with the decomposing body of her 50-year-old son, who is believed to have died a week earlier.

A neighbour alerted police on Sunday evening after she smelt a stench coming from the women’s house.

The neighbour had not seen the woman’s son for about a week.

When no one answered the elderly woman’s door, police broke into the two-storey town house in the Theprit housing estate in tambon Warinchamrab of Warinchamrab district and found the woman, Hia Kittiphaisit, barely breathing on a bed beside the front door.

She was taken to Warinchamrab Hospital.

The body of Sutthisit Kittiphasit was found lying face-down. 

Thong Asirujjinda,75, who lives next-door to Hia, said the woman lived with her son alone and she was paralysed and her son had cared for her.

Police did not detect any sign of foul play at the scene. 

The hospital has not yet performed an autopsy to determine the cause of the son’s death.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30315224

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-15

It must have been terrifying for the old lady, unable to move, unable to do anything for herself.

So terribly tragic, also who with take care of her now?

Myself i can understand how that poor lady felt, as once i am on my bed, i am unable to move without my wifes assistance.

8 minutes ago, steven100 said:

if she had a mobile she would have been able to call 000 to get help.

hope she gets some food in hospital to regain her strength.

Yes if she had a phone it would have helped her, but sadly my friend if you are paralyzed the phone only needs to be inches away and you cannot reach it.

Another point is many old people cannot use a mobile, my fil included and he is only 79, my wife bought him 1 a while ago, to this day he has never used it. Mai roo is all he says mai roo.