Hot weather pushes up egg prices

webfact

Hot weather pushes up egg prices

BANGKOK, 15 May 2017 (NNT) – Ministry of Commerce market inspections have confirmed most goods prices are steady with only chicken eggs slightly up due to the hot weather affecting production. 

Permanent Secretary for Commerce Wiboonlak Ruamrak said that close monitoring of consumer goods in markets and retail stores has helped to keep vendors in line and prices steady. She pointed out market conditions have kept the cost of pork, chicken and beef mostly unchanged by noted chicken eggs are 20 satang up as the hot weather has reduced output from farms. 

Pork has stayed in the range of 135-140 baht per kilogram, red meat between 135 and 145 baht per kilogram and whole chickens are 70-75 baht per chicken. 

Eggs are expected to continue their climb as the hot season continues with the highest price now at 42 baht per 10 eggs.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-05-15

3 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Could be another reason for high egg prices. Bangkok traders say thanks for improved economy with eggs!

Either that or blame the shortage on 50,000 eggs donated to a certain temple.

18 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

Wait... a dozen? Topps has them in dozens instead of tens?
Have to see if I can find a Topps next time I feel a little homesick. emoji12.png

Sent from my SM-J200GU using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yeah, I had to do a double take on seeing them selling by the dozen. Just looked in fridge to confirm. Amazing Thailand

2 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

somebody shopping in the wrong places

just paid 90 baht for 30 eggs , but has got dearer, was only 80 baht 2 weeks ago

Bear in mind eggs vary in size, which affects the price . 90 baht for 30 small eggs maybe, but not large , these are 35 to 40 baht for 10 at some markets.