Video: Drivers lucky to be alive after high speed crash on the expressway

webfact

Video: Drivers lucky to be alive after high speed crash on the expressway

8am.jpg

Picture: TNews

BANGKOK: -- Video posted online from the dash cam of a following car showed a serious crash on the expressway in Bangkok on Sunday as several vehicles span out of control.

According to the poster on the "Darkside Social" page a foul mouthed altercation followed the crash in which the car racing behind the leading black vehicle blamed the one in front for braking, reported TNews.

While the car in front said that the following vehicle was going too fast and was too close.

Seemingly innocent in the melee was the car in the central lane hit as the car behind swerved in an apparent effort to avoid rear ending the black car.

The poster of the short clip asked friends to decide what they thought.

Some commenting online said they would have liked to see what lead up to the accident.

But the poster agreed on one thing - the footage that occurred "right in front of her eyes" proved that those involved were lucky to be alive following such a high speed crash.

Source: TNews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-15

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha.. was the driver behind obeying the 2 seconds rule:

It is important that you keep a good distance between you and the vehicle in front. You may remember the 2 second rule.

Clearly not. It seems he got milliseconds and seconds mixed up

Lol Thailand

Edited by ladada

"the car racing behind the leading black vehicle blamed the one in front for braking"

you are supposed to leave enough space between vehicles to be able to brake safely,

maybe a novel idea for drivers here.

regards worgeordie

clearly racing/tailgating, as they did not appear to know each other my money is on a tailgater, so the black car brake tested him lol shame an innocent driver got involved and why have a got a <deleted> line through this ??

Edited by Crossy
Fixed the strikethrough

Black car was already on the anchors when he passed the camera car, no apparent reason.

I see no evidence of the silver car applying the brakes, racing, probably.

white car is totally at fault, not keeping a safe breaking distance and failing to control the car. These idiots have no idea how to drive let alone know how to do it safely,  its all ego and face for them, pity the police are too pathetic to actually throw these morons in jail,issue huge fines and remove drivers licences(if they even have them, seizing the vehicles would also be a good idea. The again all that would requite the police to actually do their jobs, something they also refuse to do, if there was a consistent police presence on the roads this sort of thing would eventually disappear

In Germany (Berlin) recently such a braindead racer killing an uninvolved driver was sentenced for murder.

It's expected that the verdict will be overruled by the higher court.

I hope that at least 10 years will remain to rethink/load brain.

But still: this is the right signal!

Thought for a moment this was going to be two cars I saw on the tollway outside DMK Saturday. Red plated white car traveling 30cm behind another car at 140kph in my estimate, middle of the two outside lanes, almost hitting a car driving at the speed limit in the middle lane.

Trouble in Thailand is you almost never see a police highway patrol car other than parked on the side of the road while the driver is nowhere to be seen.

1 hour ago, ladada said:

It is important that you keep a good distance between you and the vehicle in front. You may remember the 2 second rule.

Lol Thailand

I always keep a safe distance but it appears to thais this is an invition to squeeze in.  They think that safe distance is for them

4 minutes ago, Thechook said:

I always keep a safe distance but it appears to thais this is an invition to squeeze in.  They think that safe distance is for them

LOL! exactly. It's a cat and mouse game, there is simply no hope for this lot.

A pair of complete and utter idiots. That was seriously reckless from the pair of them. The lead car is close to flying, while the ultimate prize for stupidity and bad driving, goes to the fella in the second one. The undertaking maneuver he attempts at that speed just wasn't a realistic option at all. I hope the cops charge the pair of them. My sympathy to the poor car that got nailed by these retards, and I hope they have to pay for all the damage.

Too many watching Fast and Furious on the cinema.

Perfect example of reckless, dangerous, IDIOTS.

IF there was no dash cam, the driver in white car sure to blame everyone else.

Edited by Nowisee

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

Black car was already on the anchors when he passed the camera car, no apparent reason.

I see no evidence of the silver car applying the brakes, racing, probably.

and did you notice the road markings ?

Looked to me like both cars were involved in a race when the black car decided it was time to slow down, road markings indicate something up ahead, both cars were going at very high speed possibly up at 200kph, white car realised he could not avoid rear ending  black car so he tried to steer around

Edited by smedly

7 minutes ago, smedly said:

and did you notice the road markings ?

Which ones?

There are definitely hazard markings where the vehicles came to rest but they were well ahead when the video starts with the black car already on the brakes.

To me it seemed like the following car was gonna try and pass via the middle lane and didn't realise there was a car there so it's all his fault.

Then again they were both driving like muppets, and deserve whatever is coming to them. Feel bad for the innocent white car though, didn't do anything wrong but their life is the one put on the line.

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

This, this 100%. Happens to me all the time, oh is that your safe space? Now it's my win space!! I win! I'm first place!

3 hours ago, ladada said:

Lol Thailand

Keep the rule, and 2 cars will jump into your lane.... just mayhem on the motorway...

I drove back from Sattahip yesterday... the roads were nice and quiet, comfortable for most of the way. 99% of the vehicles drove well, courteously... But there were a couple of busier 'patches' which brought out a couple of idiots...  You can see them coming up in the rear view mirror and they weave across the lanes at speed, taking chances, putting others in danger...    

... the main issues with driving on Thailands motorways is that it takes just one idiot to create such a dangerous situation.

--------

With this incident - The Black Car 'may' have been traveling too fast. But the Silver car caused the accident 100%... regardless of whether or not the black car 'showed his brakes' the silver car was simply too close... its just a shame the idiot driving the silver car also took out an innocent party. 

3 hours ago, ladada said:

Lol Thailand

3 second rule if you value your life or the front end of you car.

This is what I hate the most while driving in Thailand. Thai drivers love to tailgate other vehicles in front of them specially on the highways and the expressways. They put everyone in danger and just a slight tap on the break paddle by the vehicle in front results in a crash due to such idiots. 

1 hour ago, Saltwater said:

This, this 100%. Happens to me all the time, oh is that your safe space? Now it's my win space!! I win! I'm first place!

And I always allow them to do so. I loose nothing, but I feel that bit safer with the knowledge that some  impatient numbskull is in front of me where he is less liable to do me any harm.

Edited by Moonlover

5 hours ago, ladada said:

Lol Thailand

Wrong its Drive to the conditions of the road, and its  recommended 3 seconds.  But you cannot put Brains where there are none.

1 hour ago, Thongkorn said:

Wrong its Drive to the conditions of the road, and its  recommended 3 seconds.  But you cannot put Brains where there are none.

Well, I think it's a bit unfair to say that ladala is wrong. It seems to depend on where you are taught.

In Britain we are taught 2 seconds. In fact we're taught a little jingle: ''Only a fool breaks to 2 second rule''. Said quickly it should take about 2 seconds.

On some motorways in the UK, there are chevron markers painted on the carriage at around 200 Ft (60 meters), the distance travelled in 2 seconds at 70mph. Along with  signs, they're there to remind drivers about keeping their distance.

But you're right, it all depends on the road and traffic conditions. When I was driving in heavy rain a few days ago, my safety distance increased to 4 or 5 seconds. I was just about the only one!

Edited by Moonlover

14 hours ago, amrishtony said:

This is what I hate the most while driving in Thailand. Thai drivers love to tailgate other vehicles in front of them specially on the highways and the expressways. They put everyone in danger and just a slight tap on the break paddle by the vehicle in front results in a crash due to such idiots. 

I disagree with your comment, most Thai drivers i know drive quiet reasonable, at least as long they are sober. There are some crazy drivers, but please don't generalize it to all Thai drivers, that's about the same as a foreign couple is <deleted> at the beach or on a tuk-tuk, some, but surely not all Thais will say that all foreigners are sex-addicts.