Teenager hangs himself with electrical cord "because girlfriend wouldn't let him play with her iPhone"

webfact

Teenager hangs himself with electrical cord "because girlfriend wouldn't let him play with her iPhone"

5pm.jpg

Picture: Pattaya News

CHONBURI/PATTAYA: -- A teenager was found hanged with an electrical cord in a shack in Chonburi on Sunday. His girlfriend, aged just thirteen, said she had argued with him about letting him use her iPhone to play games on Facebook.

She refused and he threatened to hang himself. She didn't believe him.

But when she left he did just that.

Wannapong Mabai, 18, was found hanged by his elder brother around four pm and called police.

When Chonburi cops arrived they found the body lying in bed with marks of strangulation around the neck. The cord was now hanging over a beam, reported Pattaya News.

The thirteen year old girlfriend said she had argued with Wannapong earlier before going home at 1.30pm. The next she heard about it was when the victim's mother called her to say he was dead.

Police sent the body for autopsy to confirm what had happened They said they believed the victim took his life after being cross that he couldn't use his girlfriend's phone to play games.

Source: Pattaya News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-16

Thai male ego,i want it so give it to me or else.

Stupid idiot, but what was going through hers parents minds allowing a 13 year old to be with an 18 year old?

Sick.

Edited by colinneil

TIT ,  not surprised. , but that kid had mental problems already for a long time , probably years so to blame it on a smart phone and games is too easy .

Many young men and boys commit suicide over issues that may seem trivial to adults but are overwhelming to them. Most likely because their brains/thinking processes are not fully developed.

Have the decency to refrain from making a tragedy into a joke or laughing matter.

A sad reflection on society today. There huge advertising platforms that masquerade as "social media" are depriving the youth of a childhood, leaving them naive and vulnerable. It is not just Thais that are susceptible but this will become a worldwide consequence of globalisation and an unregulated interweb.

Sport is Pokeman Go to these kids, and "face" seems to be spreading to almost every culture thanks to "designer labels".

I am no marxist (unless you count Groucho) but things have got out of control.

Twitface bullying and peer pressure is now overwhelming for young minds.

This poor lad is just another victim. RIP.

13 minutes ago, George Feedback said:

A sad reflection on society today. There huge advertising platforms that masquerade as "social media" are depriving the youth of a childhood, leaving them naive and vulnerable. It is not just Thais that are susceptible but this will become a worldwide consequence of globalisation and an unregulated interweb.

Sport is Pokeman Go to these kids, and "face" seems to be spreading to almost every culture thanks to "designer labels".

You are correct, but wern't similar sorts of things also leveled at radio then tv and walkmans, the internet (before SM).etc......transition periods in tech are always cluttered with cloudy issues.

43 minutes ago, kaorop said:

You are correct, but wern't similar sorts of things also leveled at radio then tv and walkmans, the internet (before SM).etc......transition periods in tech are always cluttered with cloudy issues.

A valid point, but what we have now is not a pirate radio station broadcasting "the Devil's music" into the ears of the impressionable youth of the 60s.

It gives the opportunity to unscrupulous people to use personal data to influence buying habits, anonymously abuse children and naive adults and hold businesses and health services to ransome among other things. I believe Twitface sites and the like are a new narcotic taking over people's lives, and by the way making their purveyors multi billionaires in the same way as the drug barons of the last 50 years have done.

I hope someone can get a grip on it somehow in the not too distant future, or the "Mobile Dead" we see everywhere every day will become more of a reality than it already is.

8 hours ago, George Feedback said:

It is a two edged sword. My 9 year old son loves his iphone and my computer above all but he still has a sense of reality and he has accumulated a vast store of general knowledge. He is the only one in his class who has access to a computer and according to his teacher is extremely open minded compared to his peers. 

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

My 9 year old son loves his iphone and my computer above all but he still has a sense of reality and he has accumulated a vast store of general knowledge. He is the only one in his class who has access to a computer and according to his teacher is extremely open minded compared to his peers.

A couple of points here. Soalbundy's son is one of the fortunate ones who haven't been 'dumbed down' by this overwhelming technology (something to do with father's input perhaps). For a teacher to say he is 'open minded' is a great compliment to both him and his parents. Keep up the good work!! 

On topic: That lad certainly taught his girlfriend a lesson there didn't he??!! Perhaps she will not be so cautious about sharing in future! And another nail in the FB coffin.

Edited by owl sees all
syntax error

One less mentally retarded Thai in the gene pool, sorry I can't paint it any other way, at least he and his "Girlfriend" didn't get to reproduce, I think we can all breathe a sigh of relief.

Flame on as Johnny Storm would say :passifier:

18 hours ago, kokopelli said:

Many young men and boys commit suicide over issues that may seem trivial to adults but are overwhelming to them. Most likely because their brains/thinking processes are not fully developed.

Have the decency to refrain from making a tragedy into a joke or laughing matter.

Whatever the reason for his suicide, the i phone was not it, and I doubt we will know the real exchange between them. The incident may have been the final straw, but not, IMO, the cause.