3bb - true- tot - IP address changing daily, why ?

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Normal, not only in Thailand.

They don't give static IPs on cheap household plans.

Many countries Internet give static IPs for $30/month (price for the whole Internet package).

It costs nothing to the ISP company to give you a static IP. They just all are robbers !

As I understand it, the reason is to keep those with the personal lower cost plans from using the connection for a website - thus the periodic change.  With a static IP address, it doesn't change and can be used for a website, e.g. for a business or organization. If you want the connection for that purpose, you pay more to get the static IP address.  I use CAT as my provider and they, like the others,  periodically change the IP address.

Subscribe to a service like no-ip.com or many others like this. This will take the pain out of the IP changes, since they will maintain a mapping of your private hostname to the current active IP. They do a good job in publishing changes to the name servers around the world. And there are free plans for this service...

3bb wants ฿1000 a month extra for a static IP. 

To see my security cameras I need to remote in to my pc, get the IP and put it in my remote camera viewing app. 

I tried an an app (Mr.IP) which was supposed to email me the IP every time it changed but it never worked properly. 

10 hours ago, bangkokairportlink said:

My 3 routers are ON since 3 years. Still, IP changes everyday.

3 routers, 2 fibre optic 1 DSL connection (3bb, CAT and TOT) no IP change. never requested a static IP. go figure!

11 hours ago, bangkokairportlink said:

I am surprised you never had a power outage? Must not live in Bangkok. Or an expensive backup power supply. 

17 minutes ago, bangkokairportlink said:

Weird ! But how do you know that it never changes ?

because there are two sites which i can only access with specific registered IPs.

3 hours ago, Grumpy Duck said:
14 hours ago, bangkokairportlink said:

I am surprised you never had a power outage? Must not live in Bangkok. Or an expensive backup power supply. 

no power outage when you have this :smile:

Inverter.jpg.28b9f8bb9a6fcd0b80d8ba6c36717f91.jpg

3 hours ago, bangkokairportlink said:

Can you tell me if its easy to build ? Any internet website ?

extremely easy to build! anybody can assembly it in minutes. what you need is an inverter with integrated charger and a battery (or more).

-connect battery plus and minus with cables to inverter,

-plug inverter into into electrical outlet

and

-plug whatever you want to buffer in case of power cut into outlet of

inverter.

-the inverter switches automatically to battery power when a power cut or a brown-out happens. our PCs and TVs don't even blink when switching.

note: power supply time depends on size (capacity) and number of batteries and of course how much electricty is drawn.

caveat:

-depending on distance between battery and inverter cable diameter is important. a car electric shop can help you.

-normal (unsealed) car batteries need installation with ventilation! if you live in a flat a balcony will do.

questions?

Edited by Naam

On 5/17/2017 at 11:44 PM, bangkokairportlink said:

You wouldn't get an IP change under those conditions except for when the signal is lost and then reconnected with a new IP. Happens to me all the time on true. They fail to keep a connection for more than a few hours. They lose it, then remake it a few minutes later. They keep checking it but fail in fixing it.

Look at your router logs. They should tell you what is going on.