Srivara confirm explosion at National Theatre was bomb

Srivara confirm explosion at National Theatre was bomb

b80f80048ec59b40cfb3384a8030fe9b.jpeg

THE deputy national police chief on Wednesday confirmed that the incident in front of the National Theatre on Monday was an explosion caused by a bomb.

Pol General Srivara Ransibrahman-akul said police were thoroughly investigating the evidence, including security camera footage at the scene.

He said the probe should be finished in three days. He is the first state official to confirm that the loud noise heard on Monday night was actually from an explosion.

Srivara said the bomb was composed of potassium chlorate with a small quantity of dynamite hence no traces could be found at the scene.

“The bombers had knowledge of using an IC [integrated circuit] timer in assembling the bombs. The nature of the attack and the material used are similar to the April 5 explosion in front of the old Lottery Government Office buildings,” he said.

He said he could not yet confirm if the same groups were behind both attacks.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30315537

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-17

"Srivara said the bomb was composed of potassium chlorate with a small quantity of dynamite hence no traces could be found at the scene."

More cocktail ingredients!  I feel like I'm sitting in a bar with the menu in front of me!

"Srivara said the bomb was composed of potassium chlorate with a small quantity of dynamite hence no traces could be found at the scene."

Then how did they determine the ingredients? Pull the other one, it's got bells on.....

And was the 'dynamite' actually dynamite or an explosive which they have decided to call dynamite?