VPNs

Gandtee

At < USD 50 for two years (7c per day) Ivacy is very good, it's fast (It appears to limit to 50Mbs), has multiple servers around the world and is pretty close to free.

1 hour ago, Anders W Ferslev said:

Opera browser have VPN in the search line ... try to download it and see, it s work great

agreed the vpn works fine but they don't have a server in the UK to watch UK tv.

5 hours ago, Upnotover said:

I use Hola, seems to work well enough for occasional UK TV viewing. 

Agree that Hola is good as is Opera but do they offer U.K.access?

Woops sorry just seen the above post about U.K.

Edited by Patanawet

I pay for Identitycloaker vpn which is 85 euros a year and this has worked in China, Egypt & Iran but the biggest problem in Thailand is that the internet here slows down the vpn connection too much and I have fibre to the house.

a couple of links for free vpn ratings

http://www.techradar.com/news/the-best-free-vpn

https://www.bestvpn.com/free-vpns/

read the comments section in bestvpn, some interesting things in there such as a guy even using a vpn being sued by a hollywood studio for p2p one of their films.

Edited by sandrabbit

6 hours ago, Anders W Ferslev said:

Opera browser have VPN in the search line ... try to download it and see, it s work great

I've tried it, it works, but you have a limited number of VPN-options only, like Canada; US; Singapore; Holland; and germany...

3 minutes ago, bangkokairportlink said:

Holla is the best and easiest to use. It turns itself on when you have previously said that for this specific website you want a VPN.

Hola has some security issues and is not safe to use, I removed it when I discovered that. Google is hola safe to see for yourself.

I tried free VPNs for a while but found them all unreliable and often pushed advertizing on me.

I finally settled on ''My Expat Network'' at 5 GBP p/m payable though Paypal. (Cards also accepted)

Their service is superb and extremely reliable. My main use is BBC iPlayer and Apple store.

I've been using them now for at least 6 years both here and in Egypt and I'm very happy with them.

I've used Hotspot Shield for years, $20 a year and I use mostly for the UK, but they have about 12 different Counties to beam to Scotty and offer a free 7 day trial(but for the USA only). Good product and customer service(if needed)

11 hours ago, Upnotover said:

I use Hola, seems to work well enough for occasional UK TV viewing. 

Caution - Hola's business model is to sell your 'idle' bandwith - which means that your computer becomes a node in a network that everyone using Hola's paid service can use.

In worst case your IP number will be a an end node for someone accessing illegal sites and tracked by authorities.

http://adios-hola.org/index.html#problem_exitnode