Halted beach refill work zone becomes haven for thieves

Rimmer

Halted beach refill work zone becomes haven for thieves

1242-n12-Beach1.jpg

PATTAYA:-- A blocked-off portion of Pattaya Beach has become a haven for homeless people and a base for petty thieves, beach chair vendors claim.

Umbrella renters told reporters May 9 that since a sheet-metal fence was erected on the sand near the Dusit Thani Hotel, homeless people have started living there and thieves who steal swimmers’ belongings use it as refuge. The vendors want the fence torn down.

The barricade was erected to fence off an area where a contractor had begun to refill and expand Pattaya Beach. However, the project was halted in December due to a lack of appropriate sand with no estimate on when the crucial erosion-mitigation project will resume.

Vendor Rampey Eaksamai, 65, said the squatters wait until beachgoers enter the water, then steal property left on the sand and quickly return to their hideout. The entire area has become unsafe, she complained.

Read more:http://www.pattayamail.com/news/halted-beach-refill-work-zone-becomes-haven-thieves-174945

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2017-05-19

Right on, get rid of the sidings ! The very first time I arrived in Pattaya the bus came down from the roundabout and there, staring one right in the face, was possibly the most beautiful entrance vista that ever existed for any seaside resort ! Just look at it now, is there no-one in the city administration with a sense of aesthetics ?

And your opinion 'Chaingmai lightning,  is relevant why? You don't like Pattaya, your not interested in coming here, and it's obvious you don't know Pattaya that well. I've lived here 17 years, I've not been scammed, got in a fight with a taxi driver or anybody else,  I can get drunk in Chaingmai or Bangkok or anywhere if I want,  the same with a prostitute should I want that.  So why do you come on this forum other than to sprout your total disregard and dislike for the place?

Begone and spread your vitriol elsewhere and leave us Pattaya folk  in peace!

15 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

remember when the walkway around the point was actually usable?  That was a pretty area walking into naklua

Vaguely?.the area needs an full make over its to industrial now with that 4 lane heavy traffic road besides beach boulevard.

Why do these projects never get completed, the same can be said about the other end of the Beach (Bali Hai) and there is a mess round the sewerage pumping station that has been going on for years with no apparent progress. I know I am wasting my time complaining but it is just project (pedestrian crossings) after project (bus stops and busses) after project (re-routing songtaews). Yet the 'for no apparent benefit except producing an area for vendors project' of widening Beach Rd did get completed.

Edited by jacko45k

A post has been removed:

3. If possible please proofread your post first, poor grammar and spelling can make the post difficult to understand. However be aware that not every member is a native English speaker and excessive posts regarding others spelling and grammar not only hijacks the topic but is poor netiquette.

With good budget and good thought out designed masterplans and focus on the pedestrians the city good become nice but honestly its going no where all seems to fail around WS.beach nourishment program,bali hai park,The waterfront,the marina,the cutting of the beach boulevard about time for a succes story!

19 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

Right on, get rid of the sidings ! The very first time I arrived in Pattaya the bus came down from the roundabout and there, staring one right in the face, was possibly the most beautiful entrance vista that ever existed for any seaside resort ! Just look at it now, is there no-one in the city administration with a sense of aesthetics ?

There is........all is focused on the blue, white and grey stones accompanied with the delphins in the tunnel.......so far for aesthetics

On 5/19/2017 at 7:10 PM, jacko45k said:

Why do these projects never get completed, the same can be said about the other end of the Beach (Bali Hai) and there is a mess round the sewerage pumping station that has been going on for years with no apparent progress. I know I am wasting my time complaining but it is just project (pedestrian crossings) after project (bus stops and busses) after project (re-routing songtaews). Yet the 'for no apparent benefit except producing an area for vendors project' of widening Beach Rd did get completed.

There is no firm government with well laid out and agreed upon chain of command.  Sure the military may be ultimately  in charge, but the local civilian mayor, city manager, comptroller, contract award process, etc.  doesn't exist.  There is no law or process that holds anybody accountable.  The fact the military, some middle or high level official could intervene at anytime leaves people always looking for work arounds, and I am not even accounting for corruption, kick backs, etc. that may be going on.  Sadly, a lot of the Thai mentality does not seem to believe in accountability or follow through.  It is a tough society economically there, and there is a lot of pressure to make and take money now.  Maintenance and follow through and longevity issues only arise after things start falling apart

Relax they are working on it , now we have a tunnel in Sukhumvit , malls popping up everywhere , this city will look nice in the year 20......something,