Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dems in Congress will not actively push for impeachment proceedings because they know there are enough Reps there who will vote against it out.  Party loyalty, among Reps, will trump doing what's right for the country.  Sad, for Americans and others ww.   If you want to know which Reps will put Party above country, look no further than the cheering Republican Congresspeople who greeted Trump at his State of the Union address in January.  

Someone, someday, will tally up the expenses in $$'s and hours - it has taken to get Trump's crooked butt out of the Oval Office.  The tally will be hundreds of millions of $$'s, much of that in lawyer-related fees.  

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Dems in Congress will not actively push for impeachment proceedings because they know there are enough Reps there who will vote against it out.  Party loyalty, among Reps, will trump doing what's right for the country.  Sad, for Americans and others ww.   If you want to know which Reps will put Party above country, look no further than the cheering Republican Congresspeople who greeted Trump at his State of the Union address in January.  

Someone, someday, will tally up the expenses in $$'s and hours - it has taken to get Trump's crooked butt out of the Oval Office.  The tally will be hundreds of millions of $$'s, much of that in lawyer-related fees.  

29 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Yes, that's true, but the hope is that at some point it could change.  That point would be when it looks like Trump will either cost them their re-election or threaten their institutional prerogatives.  There has been increased pushback from the Congress on Russia sanctions, on their attempts to protect Sessions and Mueller from being fired, and on the stupid wall.

So, if Trump's polls drop into the 20's and there is a pretty clear case for money-laundering, obstruction of justice, and collusion up to and including treason, then enough Republicans might be shaken loose.

Edited by CaptHaddock

Republican floats measure to kill Mueller probe after 6 months

DeSantis has put forward a provision that would halt funding for Mueller’s probe six months after the amendment’s passage. It also would prohibit Mueller from investigating matters that occurred before June 2015, when Trump launched his presidential campaign.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/28/mueller-investigation-republicans-russia-242108

DONALD TRUMP IS BEING WARNED BY ADVISERS ABOUT IMPEACHMENT

"As the 45th president deals with his stalled agenda, his sinking approval ratings and the investigations into his presidential campaign's ties to Russia, White House advisers have reportedly been warning Trump about his potential political doom: the exhaustive impeachment process that could result in his removal from the Oval Office."

"But Trump is in an entirely different arena not even one year into his presidency, clashing with the entirety of the Democratic Party while continuing to denounce colleagues on his side of the aisle."

"If the president is unable to make inroads with influential leaders on Capitol Hill ahead of the 2018 midterm elections, impeachment seems inevitable."

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-impeachment-warning-republicans-advisers-white-house-removal-odds-655951

The sooner the better.

Then, he can resign in disgrace.

Edited by iReason

Trump's wall is a 2,000-mile fraud

"As secretary of homeland security, before becoming White House chief of staff, John Kelly admitted, “It's unlikely that we will build a wall or physical barrier from sea to shining sea.”

"The Department of Homeland Security says it would cost $22 billion — and a study by the Democratic staff of the Senate homeland security committee priced it at nearly $70 billion."

"In April, The Wall Street Journal reported, “Not a single member of Congress who represents the territory on the southwest border said they support President Donald Trump’s request for $1.4 billion to begin construction of his promised wall.”

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/chapman/ct-perspec-chapman-trump-wall-20170825-story.html

A fraud.

And the Lemmings lapped it up.

Along with many other LIES...

3 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

"there are enough Reps there who will vote against it"

IMO ,That could be exactly the reason why Democrats might push for it, It will give them ammunition with which to go against individual members during 2018. 

39 minutes ago, iReason said:

Trump's wall is a 2,000-mile fraud

"As secretary of homeland security, before becoming White House chief of staff, John Kelly admitted, “It's unlikely that we will build a wall or physical barrier from sea to shining sea.”

"The Department of Homeland Security says it would cost $22 billion — and a study by the Democratic staff of the Senate homeland security committee priced it at nearly $70 billion."

"In April, The Wall Street Journal reported, “Not a single member of Congress who represents the territory on the southwest border said they support President Donald Trump’s request for $1.4 billion to begin construction of his promised wall.”

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/chapman/ct-perspec-chapman-trump-wall-20170825-story.html

A fraud.

And the Lemmings lapped it up.

Along with many other LIES...

Trump: We may fund the wall for Mexico through the US

President Trump and Finnish President Sauli Niinistö answer questions at a joint press conference.

Watch:

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000649350

They've simultaneously reduced traffic by 81% and somehow also allowed tremendous amount of drugs to get in like you've never seen before. Huh?

3 hours ago, Thakkar said:

Trump: We may fund the wall for Mexico through the US

President Trump and Finnish President Sauli Niinistö answer questions at a joint press conference.

Watch:

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000649350

They've simultaneously reduced traffic by 81% and somehow also allowed tremendous amount of drugs to get in like you've never seen before. Huh?

Mexico offers to help Harvey-soaked Texas

The Mexican government expressed its solidarity Sunday with the United States following the damage caused by Hurricane Harvey and offered assistance to Texas.

Mexico offered to help Texas deal with the disaster, "as good neighbors should always do in trying times."

On Sunday evening, Foreign Minister Luis Videgaray and Texas Gov. Greg Abbott spoke by telephone.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/weather/2017/08/27/mexico-offers-help-harvey-soaked-texas

-Will Trump turn down the offer to keep his base happy?

What a remarkable and depressing topic. A few people with predictions of doom and gloom for the United States because Donald Trump is unfit to lead the free world. So say you. He will overcome all of this nasty political baloney without impeachment. The rest of the worlds politicians are similar to the United States Congress. Long time in the job with nebulous results to show for it. Most Americans want the president you want, but he or she has not been on the political landscape. Instead we have Nancy Pelosi, John McCain and 463 other misfits who supposedly know what's best for America.

Take a drive from from the Pacific to the Atlantic and see a bit of our country. There is a small bit of Donald Trump in everyone. Don't kid yourself. Racism, greed, selfish behavior. It's everywhere. Want an example. Go buy a car at the dealership and rate the experience. Or apply for a job and see if your application receives a response.

I could tell you a story about my trip to Ocala, Florida. I go to a bar (Ocala is horse country) and Obama is running for president the first time and I am talking to new friends and ask if anyone wanted to discuss the upcoming election. An older fellow just retired from Paine Webber in New York whispers in my ear that they don't talk about niggers down there. This was an educated executive mind you. Racism is ugly but Donald Trump did not create or promote it and I find it offensive that your website attributes his comments as racist.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

47 minutes ago, hank123 said:

What a remarkable and depressing topic. A few people with predictions of doom and gloom for the United States because Donald Trump is unfit to lead the free world. So say you. He will overcome all of this nasty political baloney without impeachment.

Take a drive from from the Pacific to the Atlantic and see a bit of our country. There is a small bit of Donald Trump in everyone. Don't kid yourself. Racism, greed, selfish behavior. It's everywhere.

I could tell you a story about my trip to Ocala, Florida. I go to a bar (Ocala is horse country) and Obama is running for president the first time and I am talking to new friends and ask if anyone wanted to discuss the upcoming election.

An older fellow just retired from Paine Webber in New York whispers in my ear that they don't talk about niggers down there. This was an educated executive mind you. Racism is ugly but Donald Trump did not create or promote it and I find it offensive that your website attributes his comments as racist.

And your choice is the catalyst for all of the bigotry and hate that has crawled out from the depths of society.

He has amplified that.

They applaud him. They welcome him. 

Why is that?

Your "older fellow" is not "an educated executive".

He is clearly an uneducated, racist bigot.

And you are apologising for him.

Don't kid yourself.

By the way, I've done that trip many times in the '80's. Coast to Coast, North and South. On the road.

I never had any conversation like you mention.

When impeachment and criminal charges loom, this huckster will be forced to resign in disgrace.

Along with his brethren. As some may face prison.

And America will be great once again, once this cancer that has infected the White House,

is removed.

I submit, you are simply uninformed as to the egregious lack of character,

the occupant of the White House has displayed his entire adult life.

Edited by iReason

13 hours ago, sirineou said:

"there are enough Reps there who will vote against it"

IMO ,That could be exactly the reason why Democrats might push for it, It will give them ammunition with which to go against individual members during 2018. 

Well, they are free to push for it now. I suspect it's a tricky situation now. If the minority dems push for articles of impeachment now, the majority GOP at this point will vote it down, or keep it from even seeing the light of day.

Since Trump is not getting better as time passes, the dems are probably assuming that enough republicans will turn against him in time, and then they'll put up the articles.

Top State Department Officials Step Down in “Black Friday” Exodus

"The top State Department envoy responsible for overseeing U.S. policy at the United Nations and other international organizations stepped down from her post Friday, continuing an exodus that is thinning the ranks of America’s most experienced career diplomats, according to a U.S. official."

"Tracey Ann Jacobson, 52, a career foreign service officer who served as acting director of the Bureau for International Organization Affairs, announced her plans to take early retirement to her staff on Friday, just three weeks before President Donald Trump is scheduled to deliver his maiden address before world leaders at the United Nations General Assembly’s annual debate."

"Jacobson’s announcement came on the same day that William Rivington Brownfield, who has been serving as U.S. Assistant Secretary of State of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs since January 10, 2011, told his department that he would also step down by the end of September."

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/08/27/top-state-department-officials-step-down-in-black-friday-exodus/

Trumptanic.

9 minutes ago, thehelmsman said:

Stock Market up across the board, now all you whiners sit down and behave. Let the adults talk.

The dollar tumbled Tuesday to its lowest level since January 2015, extending losses that began last week as traders turned to safe-haven assets.

The US dollar index was down by 0.5% at 91.77 around 8 a.m. ET. It has since retraced some of its steps and is down by about 0.2% around 12:31 p.m. ET.

The index has now fallen by over 10% since US President Donald Trump's inauguration.

http://www.businessinsider.com/us-dollar-drops-2017-8

4 minutes ago, thehelmsman said:

My retirement fund is doing nicely. But do continue your copy and paste routine.

My post is what is known as independently verifiable information. Yours, well...one day I will see someone post that he or she has lost money on their investments. That one I'll believe.

Dirty money: Trump and the Kazakh connection

"Ever since a series of bankruptcies left banks unwilling to lend to him, Donald Trump has been on the lookout for partners willing to fund the buildings that bear his name."

"A Financial Times investigation has found evidence that one Trump venture has multiple ties to an alleged international money laundering network."

"Title deeds, bank records and correspondence show that a Kazakh family accused of laundering hundreds of millions of stolen dollars bought luxury apartments in a Manhattan tower part-owned by Mr Trump and embarked on major business ventures with one of the tycoon’s partners."

https://www.ft.com/content/33285dfa-9231-11e6-8df8-d3778b55a923

Bank records and correspondence that no doubt, Special Counsel Mueller has... :thumbsup:

Edited by iReason

2 hours ago, thehelmsman said:

My retirement fund is doing nicely. But do continue your copy and paste routine.

But wouldn't it be even better if the stock market was doing well AND the dollar was strong?  Especially if one is an expat?  Probably too much to ask you to look at two different issues at the same time.  I mean, you're a Trump guy afterall.     

More of the copy and paste routine. It appears others aren't as easily impressed with the US president as you.

"Does the United States even have a president anymore?

A $53-billion public pension fund isn't sure, so it's dumping the American stocks in its portfolio.

Finland's Varma Mutual Pension Insurance Company— the country's largest pension fund— told Bloomberg it has reduced its exposure to stocks by five per cent, most of that reduction coming from U.S. stocks."

http://m.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/08/28/pension-fund-dumps-stocks-because-there-is-no-president-in-the-u-s_a_23188085/

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

But wouldn't it be even better if the stock market was doing well AND the dollar was strong?  Especially if one is an expat?  Probably too much to ask you to look at two different issues at the same time.  I mean, you're a Trump guy afterall.     

Yeah, I remember THB45/$, that was sweet

The many, many ways the clown potus is failing, almost all of his own making. Now, you can't impeach a president just for being a miserable failure with no hope of changing because he's mentally fixed in his incompetent /destructive ways ... but if something does come up that's more or less a smoking gun, the politics of impeaching him become more possible. 

The incredible shrinking president

The "most powerful man in the world" is suddenly looking mighty powerless:

https://www.axios.com/the-incredible-shrinking-president-2479454494.html

Politico has a story about Mueller sharing information with the NYAG Schneiderman.  I am guessing that the story appears now as a warning to the targets of Mueller's investigation that even if Trump gives them a federal pardon they will remain on the hook for crimes in NY state and possibly in other jurisdictions.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/30/manafort-mueller-probe-attorney-general-242191

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The many, many ways the clown potus is failing, almost all of his own making. Now, you can't impeach a president just for being a miserable failure with no hope of changing because he's mentally fixed in his incompetent /destructive ways ... but if something does come up that's more or less a smoking gun, the politics of impeaching him become more possible. 

Add one more to the Axios list:

Aaron Mehta (‪@AaronMehta‬)

31/8/17, 12:45 am

MATTIS RESPONDS: "We’re never out of diplomatic solutions," SecDef says when asked about this tweet. twitter.com/realDonaldTrum…

Trump: "The U.S. has been talking to North Korea, and paying them extortion money, for 25 years. Talking is not the answer!"

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Olbermann briefly lists Trump's own cabinet members and, now at least some Republican congresspeople distancing themselves from Trump in a public, high-profile manner:

Robert Mueller Eliminates Trump’s Trump Card

"As NBC reported last night, it is possible for state governments to press charges in some of the alleged crimes committed by Trump’s cronies."

"And sure enough, Josh Dawsey reports, Mueller is teaming up with New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman."

“One of the people familiar with progress on the case said both Mueller’s and Schneiderman’s teams have collected evidence on financial crimes, including potential money laundering,” he notes."

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/08/robert-mueller-eliminates-trumps-trump-card.html

:thumbsup:

Edited by iReason

Poll: 56 percent say Trump 'tearing the country apart'

"Fifty-six percent of voters say they believe President Donald Trump is “tearing the country apart” instead of drawing people together, according to a new Fox News poll released Wednesday."

"The president’s general approval rating, which has yet to clear the 50 percent threshold in Fox News surveys since he entered office, remained at 41 percent, the same score he received last month, and is 7 percentage points down from the poll’s first post-inaugural findings in February."

"Seventy-percent of voters agreed, though, that Trump “dislikes” the news media more than he does white supremacists, highlighting the increasingly combative relationship between the president and the press."

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/30/trump-tearing-country-apart-242188